Rumor Inside Out to Replace Journey into Imagination with Figment?

DanielBB8

I strongly disagree. Infact, what you’re describing seems more similar to the current attraction than anything else. Journey Into Imagination is *supposed* to be a journey through each creative realm that inspires you to use your imagination. In the original it was the Dreamport (where all the abstract ideas and thoughts are gathered, stored, and processed), then the realm of Art, then Literature, then Performing Arts/Theatre, then Science, then Image Technology (Film) (What Figment decides is the medium he wants to take part in after learning and exploring each of the creative realms with Dreamfinder. And if you think about it, that medium combines every other creative medium all into one.)

Dreamfinder also explained what the process of imagination was (you gather abstract ideas or things you’re inspired by that you find in the world. Then combine them in new and interesting ways to create new things. That’s where Figment comes into play. He’s a physical embodiment and demonstration of that process, along with his dreamcatching machine. Not to mention Figment’s wideeyed childlike curiosity that sometimes gets him into playful mischief (but not destructive or intrusive)

I say it’s better to keep that basic concept in mind, but to upgrade it. Disney character cameos that fit within each medium can be placed here and there. But not in a way that detracts or intrudes on the story or concept.

It’s a Journey into Imagination. Not a Journey into your perception/senses or emotions. With Figment coming in to prove you wrong before finally “getting it right” in the end. That’s repeating the same problem the other redos had. It’s just supposed to be a Journey into Imagination. Not conflicting mind ideologies clashing before ultimately settling on one.
Did you know creative ideas came from the same creative spark? It doesn’t need to split up into different creative realms like art, literature, perfoming arts, science. You can just show the end result and inspire people to build and design it. That’s why Imagination attraction is such a bore.

The older attraction had better visuals. The new ones are all about process.

ImperfectPixie

Did you know creative ideas came from the same creative spark? It doesn’t need to split up into different creative realms like art, literature, perfoming arts, science. You can just show the end result and inspire people to build and design it. That’s why Imagination attraction is such a bore.

The older attraction had better visuals. The new ones are all about process.
There will never be as inspiring an experience for Inside Out as the original JII was. The original JII wasn't edutainment. It was hopeful, and inspirational, and gave kids the feeling that they could accomplish anything if they put their minds to it. I was in such awe the first time I rode it at age 15, that I cried.

Riley was an ordinary kid, who went through ordinary life events, and reacted to them selfishly (just like ordinary kids do), but was lucky enough to have a happy ending. The emotion characters were just an easy way to illustrate how emotions can manipulate us and our decision-making. There was nothing really spectacular about Inside Out other than the fact that it gave autistic kids a way to understand emotions.

YOU may be okay with Figment going away, but that's YOUR opinion and you are in the minority. The rest of us want to see Figment's attraction restored to it's original glory.

Castle Cake Apologist

I said a proper HUGE budget is required and NOT REALISTIC (More money after wasting it twice before). Inside Out IP is not subpar and it's a step up from a non-entity like Dreamfinder and Figment. There's well developed characters in Inside Out.

Sometimes starting over with a new IP might just work instead of trying for the FOURTH THIRD time with Imagination.
Spending $1 Billion on Star Wars seems justified, but not for Dreamfinder and Figment. Yes, educate me on my understanding of Figment. We all need education to put us into our place of why we should care about characters barely featured in Imagination anymore.

Inside Out had the benefit of a 2 hour movie where we know much more about the characters than Dreamfinder and Figment and much bigger audiences than the entire history of the Imagination attraction.

With all due respect (which is basically zero, let's be honest)... you have literally no idea what you're talking about. Figment remains one of the high-grossing characters at WDW and is insanely popular. Why exactly do you think he was hastily added back to the attraction after version 2.0? I know this unwaveringly loyal corporate employee thing you've got going on is kinda your shtick, but it's obviously not playing well here.

While it sounds okay on paper, it doesn't quite seem like an improvement on what the attraction is currently. It's more or less the same existing attraction. Kodak is a blast from the past. Edutainment. Why would you want Figment to play different Disney character when you can have the Disney character? Disney's Imagination instead of Your Imagination. The shifting of word and images without it amount to much substance. It's definitely a throwback to what it was.

I propose "Inside Out" with 'new friends' (in small type and probably includes Figment). You morph between different areas of your brain to investigate your emotions. Face some peril. A creative spark emerges and it's Figment. Figment and Bing Bong save the day. Then exit the attraction into a Figment and Bing Bong candy and plush store.

Not understanding what "morphing between different areas of your brain to investigate your emotions" has to do with imagination. Which is why Inside Out doesn't make sense in the Imagination pavilion.

DanielBB8

With all due respect (which is basically zero, let's be honest)... you have literally no idea what you're talking about. Figment remains one of the high-grossing characters at WDW and is insanely popular. I know this corporate employee thing you've got going on is kinda your shtick, but it's obviously not playing well here.
You don't deserve my respect either. They can keep selling Figment without the attraction. It's not like there's a high demand for that attraction. They can sell all the t-shirts they want, but the Imagination attraction is really not good and it hasn't been good for almost 2 decades. It's funny how you call me a corporate employee since I would benefit from such sales if I cared. Maybe you know something. That character can sell with an obviously bad attraction attached to it.

Not understanding what emotions have to do with imagination. Which is why Inside Out doesn't make sense in the Imagination pavilion.
Maybe you don't understand. Inside Out won't be in Imagination Pavilion.

Maybe you're like the other person that insists Inside Out go into Cranium Command in Wonders of Life Pavilion. (Other than the fact that it isn't there anymore and it will become Play Pavilion, I'm sure it will work.)

Last edited:

FigmentFan82

You don't deserve my respect either. They can keep selling Figment without the attraction. It's not like there's a high demand for that attraction. They can sell all the t-shirts they want, but the Imagination attraction is really not good and it hasn't been good for almost 2 decades. It's funny how you call me a corporate employee since I would benefit from such sales if I cared. Maybe you know something. That character can sell with an obviously bad attraction attached to it.

Maybe you're like the other person that insists Inside Out go into Cranium Command in Wonders of Life Pavilion. (Other than the fact that it isn't there anymore and it will become Play Pavilion, I'm sure it will work.)
lol, you're funny kid

DanielBB8

Really, which part? Curious to know if Test Track is in the World of Motion Pavilion or Mission: Space is in the Horizons Pavilion or Guardians is in the Energy Pavilion. The new Trail Journey of Water is in Communicore West (if you can find it).

HoldenC

Figment needs to go the way of the dodo if they’re going to keep this stupid personality he has now. I gag every time I see him trashed all over merchandise for Epcot. I’m sure he was fun in the glory days but now he is just as annoying as the bratty kids running around the park.

gustaftp

It's not a problem. You can't get over the fact that they can't go back. If they could, they would have brought Horizons back and numerous other attractions. Since Imagineering ruined Imagination, it makes no sense to revive the attraction as it was. They're not going to fund massive amounts of money to bring it back. It makes no financial sense. It's an over 20 year attraction.

Enchanted Tiki Room

Inspired Figment

And HoldenC’s takeaway is precisely why people want the original spirit and vision for the attraction brought back. Neither general guests nor fans of the original Journey Into Imagination are pleased with the way Figment’s represented currently.
PS: I want you all to think about this. *Why* do you think they decided to make Figment an “annoying, bratty” interference with an “upside down” way of thinking that proves Channing’s “boring, mundane, controlled” way of thinking wrong by the end of the current attraction rather than the original curious, innocent character he was originally that inspired and captivated us all. What I’ve posted previously here should explain precisely why. It’s a sad, sad tale.

Last edited:

FigmentJedi

^^^ And *that* is precisely why people want the original spirit and vision for the attraction brought back.
PS: I want you all to think about this. *Why* do you think they decided to make Figment an “annoying, bratty” interference in the current attraction rather than the original. What I’ve posted previously here should explain precisely why. It’s a sad, sad tale.
Because people hated JIYI enough that the symbolism of the original star taking a dump on it was good enough for an apology placeholder that Imagineers were planning on redoing with Dreamfinder as early as 2005.
8f0.jpg

lazyboy97o

Nope. You’re wrong. Epcot isn’t a theme park and Pixar Pier was the best money Disney ever spent. Glitter and Emotions on sticks will be most amazing movie theme park ride along with big blue coaster super themed building!

Inspired Figment

PS: It doesn’t *exactly* have to be “going back” either. It can be a *new* Journey Into Imagination ride, with elements from the original and the recent comic series put in. Heck, if you wanted to. Since Figment *has* met and interacted with film IP characters before in the Language Arts Through Imagination short films (like Alice & Peter Pan for instance). (Not to mention Dr. Channing from Honey, I Shrunk the Audience and some of other film characters featured in the Institute) It *could* technically be utilized properly without it being intrusive.
Think Disneyland’s treatment of It’s a Small World. You can see various small cameos in the form of items or small appearances. And it still works, as it’s based on the theme of abstract thoughts and all the creative realms.
*Infact*, you can actually find concept art of the original Literature scene that utilizes the Cheshire Cat for the ‘Cat/Bat’ shadow illusion gag. And a section with an open comic featuring Spider Man. (i’m Not even kidding. I’ll try to find this artwork and post it here later). But it can easily work.

And you know how at the end, after exploring each creative realm, Figment ultimately decides to take all he learned and apply that to becoming a “film” star (*cough cough* Kodak film. Lol) and we get to see him imagine himself in different roles? As a cowboy, a super hero, an ice climber, a scientist, a pirate, etc.)
Now who’s to say you couldn’t change that slightly to have Figment imagine himself as different Disney film character roles. Say instead of a pirate, you could have Figment dressed in the role of Jack Sparrow fighting Davey Jones, or Figment imagining himself as Woody riding on Bullseye alongside Jessie. Why not Figment climbing the ice tower/castle with Olaf or Elsa? Why not Figment imagine himself as Rocket with the Guardians of the Galaxy (synergy. LOL).

It works.. it can be reimagined and not completely destroy the spirit or theme of the original ride. It can still be done in a cohesive and non-intrusive,respectful way
😉

Another idea I had was.. you know how there’s a traditionally animated Genie and group of fairies in this scene also? So I figure, another great IP integration here would be to replace that genie with Aladdin’s classic Robin Williams Genie and replace the generic fairies with the Disney fairies (Tink, etc.) But yeah... just a thought

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom