Inside Out meet and greet

asianway

I've been surprised how long the Studio has stuck with using M&Gs to promote their films. They have incredibly low capacity, and therefore have little impact on how many people are actually driven to theaters as a result. Even if every single guest who met the characters decided to see the movie (assuming they wouldn't have otherwise), that's only around 800 guests per day. Given the operating expenses, and Disney's profit from each movie ticket, it's an incredibly poor return on investment

In the mid/late-00's, there was a long series of pre-parade units for various films (at least at DLR, not sure about WDW), and those did a great job of exposing huge groups of guests to something from the film. Given that thousands of guests line the parade route daily, while only a few hundred can attend a M&G in a day, it seems like a much easier way to get more exposure, and likely had similar operating expenses

I'm not sure exactly when they switched over to doing promotional M&Gs, but I definitely remember pre-parades as late as Up in 2009. Last year, DLR reinstated the pre-parade, as a way let more guests see Anna & Elsa. I think it would be a nice change to revive pre-parades as a general rule, and stop putting such a heavy emphasis on M&Gs, which have incredibly limited capacity by their very nature
I thought about this post and seriously wonder if the recent previews in the various theaters aren't cheaper, farther reaching, and in the eyes of execs, more effective in their reach than a meet n greet.

This may be a turning point because if you wait for WDPR to pay for the development you'll be waiting a long time

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
I thought about this post and seriously wonder if the recent previews in the various theaters aren't cheaper, farther reaching, and in the eyes of execs, more effective in their reach than a meet n greet.

This may be a turning point because if you wait for WDPR to pay for the development you'll be waiting a long time

I like your thinking on this.

jensenrick

Terrible was the wrong word. To be sure, it was TECHNICALLY very impressive. The animation was wonderful. But the story was painfully formulaic and the characters (besides Baymax) were instantly forgettable.

Gotta agree here, plus it was ridiculously maudlin. How BH6 ever won an Oscar simultaneously mystifies me, and just further cements my thoughts that the Oscars have no legitimacy anymore (and haven't for some time.)

Cmdr_Crimson

The new DCA preparade "Inside Out" float has puppets of all the characters.

Disneyparks blog now has an image they posted of the new float...
isiswd123456.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom