Inside Out meet and greet

TP2000

I don't see fire.

Saw this pre-parade show this afternoon. His head spits fire quite a bit. What I don't get is the dozen "ball dancers" promenading and throwing plastic balls around.

This is a weird pre-parade. It's mellow and kinda weird, with a lot of dialogue going on between the five different puppets on the float. They appear to be commenting on their first visit to Disneyland, but it's just a lot of talking. And all those ball dancers. No catchy theme song, just lots of talking and ball throwing. What the....????

Here's another video capturing the dialogue and balls. Not a lot of energy, but plenty of talking.

Last edited:

Goofywilliam

Saw this pre-parade show this afternoon. His head spits fire quite a bit. What I don't get is the dozen "ball dancers" promenading and throwing plastic balls around.

This is a weird pre-parade. It's mellow and kinda weird, with a lot of dialogue going on between the five different puppets on the float. They appear to be commenting on their first visit to Disneyland, but it's just a lot of talking. And all those ball dancers. No catchy theme song, just lots of talking and ball throwing. What the....????

Here's another video capturing the dialogue and balls. Not a lot of energy, but plenty of talking.

Have you seen the movie? I don't want to spoil anything but they are definitely inspired by some of the characters you can find in the move.

TP2000

Have you seen the movie? I don't want to spoil anything but they are definitely inspired by some of the characters you can find in the move.

No, I haven't seen it. But this pre-parade debuted on Friday afternoon at 5:15 PM Pacific Time. The movie had just opened in theaters hours beforehand, so I imagine 99% of the people sitting on the curb at California Adventure hadn't seen the movie.

If all that talking and mellow ball throwing somehow makes more sense once you've seen the movie, then that's probably a good thing.

As it stands now, this Inside Out pre-parade is just weird. But with a lot of talking. Like a bad cocktail party where everyone has an opinion but the topic is really dull. And with plastic balls being thrown around. :confused:

Cosmic Commando

No, I haven't seen it. But this pre-parade debuted on Friday afternoon at 5:15 PM Pacific Time. The movie had just opened in theaters hours beforehand, so I imagine 99% of the people sitting on the curb at California Adventure hadn't seen the movie.

If all that talking and mellow ball throwing somehow makes more sense once you've seen the movie, then that's probably a good thing.

As it stands now, this Inside Out pre-parade is just weird. But with a lot of talking. Like a bad cocktail party where everyone has an opinion but the topic is really dull. And with plastic balls being thrown around. :confused:
The dancer characters do kinda sorta have analogues in the movie, much more so than most other not-character dancers that accompany these kinds of floats. I'll put it in spoilers even though it's not really spoiling anything, but the balls represent
memories
, so you could see how they would be important in the film. The dancers aren't the most exciting, but I think the float itself was done about as well as it possibly could be. Puppets was the right choice IMO.

AEfx

True, but...

1) Pixie Dusters already know all the characters - you should have seen a month or two ago all the glee when they were leaked as part of DI 3.0 - people were going apecrap and already had favorites and I was like - but...how do you even know who these characters are? Somehow...they knew.

2) If they didn't have something ready the day of release, some folks would have accused them of not having faith in their product, missing an opportunity, yadda yadda - danged if they do, danged if they don't.

afb28

interview with Pete Docter (director) and Jonas Rivera (producer)

The last thing you mentioned, jokingly I’m sure, was that after you came up with the Inside Out pitch, you called Imagineering and starting talking theme parks.

PD: It was no joke.

JR: Actually it’s true.

PD: It was like 45 minutes.

What is your dream Inside Out Disney ride?

JR: I feel, my dream?

PD: We have a whole pitch already.

JR: We have a whole pitch. Can I go into it?

PD: Yeah.

JR: My pitch is that I think this could be a pavilion at Epcot. You’ve been to Epcot?

Yes.

JR: You’ve got The Sea. Nemo’s there. So in The Land there’s a section called Imagination that’s still there and it’s still cool. [The character] Figment and all that. I loved that as a kid. And I thought, well, ‘We have the mind now.’ And we’ve sort of put visuals to it. And the Train of Thought.

JR: It just feels like on a show with dreams, it feels like it fits. And so we–

PD: I think it’s gotta be the Stream of Consciousness ride.

JR: Stream of Consciousness, that was an idea.

PD: And you travel down it.

JR: That was an idea we didn’t put in the film. But yeah.

PD: It’d be awesome.

Inside-Out-Emotion-Garden-Epcot-700x394.jpg

Actually I was there a month ago and they had the Inside Out Emotion colors represented with plants.

JR: Yes, I saw it, the Emotion Garden. Listen, we just love all that stuff. And I think our film’s fit nicely in the parks with Cars Land if you’ve been to Cars Land. And Monsters and all that. We’re always so proud of that, because I think we’re both in this job because we went to Disneyland when we were kids. And so now to walk through and see some of the things we helped kick around and put forth there.

I was bummed they’re not gonna make the Monsters Inc. coaster that was rumored for so long.

PD: I know. That would be so cool. I’ve seen like three or four pitches of that and I’m always like “Yes, yes and then…”

Please, please.

JR: I know.

http://www.slashfilm.com/pete-docter-inside-out-interview-jonas-rivera/

Mike S

The last thing you mentioned, jokingly I’m sure, was that after you came up with the Inside Out pitch, you called Imagineering and starting talking theme parks.

JR: My pitch is that I think this could be a pavilion at Epcot. You’ve been to Epcot?

Yes.

JR: You’ve got The Sea. Nemo’s there. So in The Land there’s a section called Imagination that’s still there and it’s still cool. [The character] Figment and all that. I loved that as a kid. And I thought, well, ‘We have the mind now.’ And we’ve sort of put visuals to it. And the Train of Thought.

Actually I was there a month ago and they had the Inside Out Emotion colors represented with plants.

JR: Yes, I saw it, the Emotion Garden. Listen, we just love all that stuff. And I think our film’s fit nicely in the parks with Cars Land if you’ve been to Cars Land. And Monsters and all that. We’re always so proud of that, because I think we’re both in this job because we went to Disneyland when we were kids. And so now to walk through and see some of the things we helped kick around and put forth there.

I was bummed they’re not gonna make the Monsters Inc. coaster that was rumored for so long.

PD: I know. That would be so cool. I’ve seen like three or four pitches of that and I’m always like “Yes, yes and then…”

Please, please.

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/inside-out-at-epcot.900916/

Goofywilliam

I know exactly what you mean. Hopefully the concept is revised some. The debut in the parks is sorta like what they did with frozen. Do you remember when they debuted world of color winter dreams a few weeks before frozen even came out. That was very odd.

jensenrick

True, but...

1) Pixie Dusters already know all the characters - you should have seen a month or two ago all the glee when they were leaked as part of DI 3.0 - people were going apecrap and already had favorites and I was like - but...how do you even know who these characters are? Somehow...they knew.

2) If they didn't have something ready the day of release, some folks would have accused them of not having faith in their product, missing an opportunity, yadda yadda - danged if they do, danged if they don't.

OMG, they are going to have D Infinity characters?! I want them all!

jensenrick

Yes.

Please, please.

Yes please!! A Stream of Consciousness or a Train of Thought ride would be epic!
Usually I doubt that (current) Disney would create a good ride for an excellent movie but with the incredible box office IO is generating maybe they can get some attention, especially if Doctor and Rivera keep pestering.
Not that it got them a Monsters coaster (NBD IMHO).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom