Inferno Barge Missing From Illuminations

EPCOT Explorer

OK, I got a response from the insider via another public forum...

The six-month figure is apparently a gross over-estimate, but they wanted to cover themselves in case anything unexpected croped up during the work that has to be done. They're *hoping* it will be done by the end of March.

The refurb itself was unplanned, and was originally to repair/replace a few things that needed work ASAP. Once the barge was out of the show, they decided to do some upgrades, including some new and improved gas jets and possible infrastructure additions for a "rumored future show".

Also mentioned were additional bounce mirrors around the Lagoon for the lasers.

-Rob
Very comforting to hear...And what I expected.:D

I'm surprised they want to use this in "rumored future show". I thought that was the other thing?
Woohoo! I likes me lasers :D

I`d expect a return way before July.

I do too.:D:lol::wave:

JWG

Let me say, I like the show less without the Inferno Barge. Not that it's not still my #1 of the 3 night time spectaculars, but it's clearly knocked down a notch without it.

Saw it without this past Saturday and it was noticeably missing if you're aware of it to begin with. The lasers were nice though.

EPCOT Explorer

Let me say, I like the show less without the Inferno Barge. Not that it's not still my #1 of the 3 night time spectaculars, but it's clearly knocked down a notch without it.

Saw it without this past Saturday and it was noticeably missing if you're aware of it to begin with. The lasers were nice though.

Did the new mirrors help at all?

EPCOT Explorer

Hmmm...I don't know if it's just me, but it appears that they used more/different pyro in Chaos to compensate. Could barely see lasers.:dazzle: And our Spanish speaking narrator needs to get off the phone. :lol:

Earth Barge looks GREAT however...:D

Thanks though!:D

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Ugh. Crappy as you said. Lesson one - never rely on autofocus!

Some interesting points nontheless. Being shot from Italy-ish you can only see Canadas laser, and need to ride the camera exposure to see anything worthwhile so early on in the show. I didn`t notice new pyro - apart from around the 1:31 mark - are these wide hi-alts new or do I normally watch the green beams too much? I did notice the red expanding dot effects are missing - hopefully just for now - and the new water level cones after the ALF do hang in the air a long time don`t they?

And the red floating flares are massively out of sync. No surprise there.

Martin, I daresay you are happy about this Barge being MIA
I would be if I was there. I feel sorry for guests who won`t get the full impact of the intended storyline, and by my September visit the barge will be back. Hey ho.

Now, if anyone can get a wide angle, manually focussed and over exposed tripod shot from dead opposite America they`d have a new friend for life!

hpyhnt 1000

Ugh. Crappy as you said. Lesson one - never rely on autofocus!

Some interesting points nontheless. Being shot from Italy-ish you can only see Canadas laser, and need to ride the camera exposure to see anything worthwhile so early on in the show. I didn`t notice new pyro - apart from around the 1:31 mark - are these wide hi-alts new or do I normally watch the green beams too much? I did notice the red expanding dot effects are missing - hopefully just for now - and the new water level cones after the ALF do hang in the air a long time don`t they?

And the red floating flares are massively out of sync. No surprise there.

I would be if I was there. I feel sorry for guests who won`t get the full impact of the intended storyline, and by my September visit the barge will be back. Hey ho.

Now, if anyone can get a wide angle, manually focussed and over exposed tripod shot from dead opposite America they`d have a new friend for life!

Uh, in regards to the hi-alts, if you mean the ones around 1:34, yeah, I think you watched green beams too much. :lol: :wave: They looked the same to me. :shrug: If you mean the ones at about 1:02, yes those are new (been there about a month now). The really effective red scattering ones have been gone for a little over a month now fas well from what I can tell, replaced with product that is not nearly as good. And those new water cones do hang longer, and are MUCH better than the previous ones IMHO. :)

And as far as the red floating ones, yes they are out of synch, but at least they are back in the show. Missed those for a couple of years.

End of March seems to be the *hopeful* time of completion? Here's hoping; we're heading there for my dad's birthday on the 28th. Maybe, just maybe... :eek:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
End of March seems to be the *hopeful* time of completion?
It`s just about possible - but don`t get your hopes up. We may indeed have to get used to this show version for a while.

I go the first week of April and I really hope they get the refurb done by then! The only other time I've ever seen Illuminations was back in Dec. 2005 when the inferno barge was out for a refurb. :brick:

hpyhnt 1000

It`s just about possible - but don`t get your hopes up. We may indeed have to get used to this show version for a while.

Oh I know its subject to change (and I have a sneaking suspicion that all will not be done by then). But if thats the case, I guess I'll have some nice video of the laser effects during Chaos. Either way, I Come out with a positive result. :)

EPCOT Explorer

Oh I know its subject to change (and I have a sneaking suspicion that all will not be done by then). But if thats the case, I guess I'll have some nice video of the laser effects during Chaos. Either way, I Come out with a positive result. :)

Why don't you film it...?:lookaroun:lookaroun:lol:

hpyhnt 1000

Martin will be thrilled.:lol: You gonna do it from WS Plaza?

Yeah, somewhere in that area is where I'm thinking. It is, by far, the best place to capture any laser effects. My camera should pick them up okay; I've filmed before from that location and the lasers turned out rather well. Hoping for similar results this time around.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom