Inferno Barge Missing From Illuminations

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
^ and well worth it is too. To date, it`s one of the best RoE videos I`ve seen, and the best full stop showing the American Adventure laser in all its glory ;)

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
^ after all that I was mistaken. The best AA laser video I`ve seen is from this site, but it is NYE 2007-8.

EPCOT Explorer

Steve/Martin/Anyone....While trying to DL the ROE NYE 07/08, the file stopped and said it no longer existed. Anything I can do to help it along?

I'm at 100/154 MB.

donaldfan

Out for 6 months!

I just read that the barge is going to be out for six months -- does anyone think that if this is true, that this is a $$-saving move as much as it is a refurb? It doesn't seem right that it would take a full six months to refurb??

Rob562

I just read that the barge is going to be out for six months -- does anyone think that if this is true, that this is a $$-saving move as much as it is a refurb? It doesn't seem right that it would take a full six months to refurb??

(sigh)

I take it you didn't bother to read through this thread... All of those questions have been answered.
(Not trying to sound like a jerk here, but it's less than 5 full pages long... It's not like the 100+ page marathon Epcot thread...)

-Rob

JWG

I will say that I didn't have a great view of the earth globe/barge and I was looking around a flag from between the UK and France.

That may have impacted my opinion some. Love the video, but still miss the fire!

huh huh fire huh huh cool

Mr.EPCOT

^ after all that I was mistaken. The best AA laser video I`ve seen is from this site, but it is NYE 2007-8.

Oh, the lasers were so awesome right after the first show this past New Year's Eve! Try to find a video of it, if there is one and you haven't already.

donaldfan

(sigh)

I take it you didn't bother to read through this thread... All of those questions have been answered.
(Not trying to sound like a jerk here, but it's less than 5 full pages long... It's not like the 100+ page marathon Epcot thread...)

-Rob

My bad -- I read an entire page about video quality and what types of fireworks are currently being used and figured it hadn't been discussed.

Since we are policing each other though -- not something I do, like some are into for some strange reason, here is a "non-jerk" way to say what you just said above.

"Check back on page 2 or 3, this was discussed earlier."

Have a great weekend!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Wow. It`s a crying shame the lasers arn`t as powerful as they used to be. I saw programming there I didn`t even know ROE had.

The usual suspects were still as sloppy as ever timing wise. And the continued lack of red expanding stars during Chaos is worrying.

Thanks again Steve.

WDW Monorail

This was one of the best videos of the lasers, Steve. Thanks. Only Keichi's from Mousebits has a clearer picture. There is another video that I have taken from the roof of the AA showing the source of the AA laser, that is spectacular.

Wow. It`s a crying shame the lasers arn`t as powerful as they used to be. I saw programming there I didn`t even know ROE had.

The usual suspects were still as sloppy as ever timing wise. And the continued lack of red expanding stars during Chaos is worrying.

Thanks again Steve.

I really miss those scattering red stars. The new ones are pretty weak and somewhat unnoticeable. What I'd also like to see back are the large red mines just before the short pause in chaos. The new ones don't have as large a lift and seem to be more contained. However, I do like the red strobes changing to silver before hitting the water. I also don't like the blue crackling shells used during the finale of Celebration.

EPCOT Explorer

Thanks again Steve.

Yeah. Lotta very cool effects...I think those mighta been what I saw last Aug.:rolleyes::lol::lol: (anyone remember THAT thread?)

Any idea why the lasers are weaker?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Any idea why the lasers are weaker?
If I`m right it`s due to them being multi-colour capable. Not sure of the physics why. Even the greens (the shade that cuts through the visible spectrum the best or something) are far weaker than they used to be pre ROE. NWF & LP had single colour lasers, Iv1, 25A and B were dual colour and still far brighter.

Only Keichi's from Mousebits has a clearer picture.
Downloading now.... though I dare say it`d be hard to beat the 07-8 NYE from this site at the start of Space. When the drums beat, the forest appears on the LCD and the laser spread just looks awesome!

Either way these videos have helped me decide I`m getting a tripod for September (and an HD cam)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom