Indiana Jones stunt show update?

jt04

The question is, does a $500 million addition generate twice as much revenue as $250 million addition.

I do believe it does in the long run.

Each park should have an E+ attraction. DHS is about to get one in RotR. GotG might also turn out to be an E+.

They could do Shanghai Pirates with Indy overlay at DAK or the MK. Just my opinion.

Last edited:

HauntedMansionFLA

Heaven forbid WDW get an exclusive!

I'd be fine with an updated stunt show and a new boat ride. There's nothing inherently wrong with a stunt show. Just update it.
I totally agree. I love the stunt show and it’s way over due for an update. The theatre holds a lot of guest and the park needs capacity. Too bad the show does have night time shows.
A good boat ride like pirates would be pretty cool.

rle4lunch

I do believe it does in the long run.

Each park should have an E+ attraction. DHS is about to get one in RotR. GotG might also turn out to be an E+.

They could do Shanghai Pirates with Indy overlay at DAK or the MK. Just my opinion.

I'm sure RotR will knock it out of the park. GotG better knock it out of the park. Tron will give cushion to fix SM. That leaves 'ol DAK hanging out in the breeze. The aging crapfest that is Dinoland should be completely revamped. The only saving grace over there is the boneyard. I see more kids in there than on Triceratops spin or PW.

rle4lunch

And in a year, even more so. IMHO Epcot currently has the weakest roster.

Agreed. It amazes me that SSE has an hour wait for such a lackluster and shell of a once great attraction. And for that matter, why any of the legacy rides have a wait time over 5 minutes is beyond me. They all kinda suck due to negligence. People ride them out of nostalgia's sake, but boy is it getting old justifying going on them. JII is an utter embarassment. SSE, just wow. I can only watch 360 movies so many times before I just want to walk out. The worst part is that I don't drink anymore, otherwise the park might be a little more tolerable.

Bleed0range

Tbh I’m not one of those people who says they built a SW park without SW. But I could see them not wanting to utilize the Indy IP without a new film attached. And the film sounds to be sort of in limbo. And if it is made, I would imagine any new ride or show will have to be all about that new version and I’m not sure that it’ll actually be as good as the old films.

I love Indiana Jones but only the films from the 80s. That’s why I feel they ruined JP at Universal Hollywood. They took the vibe and atmosphere the original film had and threw it in the garbage. Removed any sense of danger. There’s an entire sequence where there’s no animatronics and you just float past nothing... where it used to have all these nice touches like the Mickey ears hat and the falling car.

Honestly it’s like spitting in the face of Spielberg who helped design it.

I fear a similar fate is in store for all things Indy at Disney.

mikejs78

Premium Member
And in a year, even more so. IMHO Epcot currently has the weakest roster.
I'm sure RotR will knock it out of the park. GotG better knock it out of the park. Tron will give cushion to fix SM. That leaves 'ol DAK hanging out in the breeze. The aging crapfest that is Dinoland should be completely revamped. The only saving grace over there is the boneyard. I see more kids in there than on Triceratops spin or PW.
Yeah, DAK is the weakest park attraction standpoint IMO (it makes up for it with theming and intangibles). But it has 8 rides, 3 of which are somewhat lackluster IMO (PW, TS, and KRR). Two are good but not great (Dino, NRJ) and 3 are top notch (Everest, KS, and FoP).

It does have two of the best shows on property, but after all the work on Epcot and DHS, AK should be the next one to get a build out.

EricsBiscuit

Yeah, DAK is the weakest park attraction standpoint IMO (it makes up for it with theming and intangibles). But it has 8 rides, 3 of which are somewhat lackluster IMO (PW, TS, and KRR). Two are good but not great (Dino, NRJ) and 3 are top notch (Everest, KS, and FoP).

It does have two of the best shows on property, but after all the work on Epcot and DHS, AK should be the next one to get a build out.
DAK has many attractions that aren’t rides. It’s what makes the park so refreshing and unique.

CalebS

Really.

That’s why the Shanghai PotC ride system with Indy overlay for DHS was scrapped.
It Sucks but I'm not surprised. Are they currently looking at cheaper attractions to add or have they decided to hold off on DHS for a few years?

GlacierGlacier

DAK is the one park we don't have any solid announced additions / rumors for right now, outside of the addition of Club 33.

I have to imagine there's something to be said for it to round out the Orlando part of the presentation at D23.

doctornick

Really.

That’s why the Shanghai PotC ride system with Indy overlay for DHS was scrapped.

So that was a real consideration? I know many of us on here talked about that as armchair Imagineering but it is interesting to see tht it was actually considered seriously by the company.

If that idea was "scrapped', is there a cheaper Indy option on the table for DHS? Like, I suppose, cloning IJA which would be relatively easy? OF is it just going to be the stunt show only for a long time....

Marc Davis Fan

Indeed, now that Disney has real competition, they can "stay ahead" by aiming for each park to get an "E+" -level attraction, to go along with a lineup of top-tier, cutting-edge Es - which it seems that they are indeed aiming to make sure every park has.

Unfortunately, I wouldn't consider Shanghai's PotC to be an "E+," even though I loved it. It still didn't stand out to me as more grand and spectacular than, say, DLP's PotC. And I went on it several times just to make sure! RotR, on the other hand, combines that level of scale with the multiple pre-shows and ride systems, which might elevate it to the elusive "E+" ...but really, there's so much subjectivity involved... the point is that Shanghai PotC and RotR are / will be jaw-dropping.

I also doubt Epcot's GotG attraction will be an "E+," as least based on @marni1971's tepid reaction to the plans that he's aware of.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom