Indiana Jones Adventure coming to WDW?

Avenger117

Replacing the Stunt Show with a ride would be a vast improvement for the park. The wife and I have seen the Stunt Show once, barely could sit through it all and have no interest in ever going back to it. If I were to guess, that is how most guests feel about the Stunt Show.

I actually like the stunt show, I really loved it as a kid. But its been there too long and it doesn't change. I don't even watch it every trip now, so I think it would be a good idea to get a ride in there too.

JiminyandTink

Personally, I love the stunt show! But if they could squeeze in an Indy ride close to it, that would be great (although, I dont know where - Sounds Dangerous? or Backlot Express Restaurant?).

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Disney already had licensing rights to IJ. They very likely could have put a clone of that attraction at DHS at any time. Just because they now own the IP doesn't mean it changes anything for that particular attraction.

copcarguyp71

To those people who say "I have seen it so it should go" ...how many times have you ridden Dumbo or Tower of Terror or Spaceship Earth? These are all pretty much in essence the same ride every time so by that logic they should all be torn down every three years. I get it, a lot of us are frustrated with one thing or another but extremism is rarely taken seriously and I am pretty sure the resorts are packed enough that the few of us here on the boards have very little effect no matter how much we rant and carry on.

Look at it this way...it could be worse. They could refurb the stunt show to include Temple of Doom o_O

FettFan

Original Poster
I have wanted them to replace the Indy stunt show with an Indy ride for a long time. Here's the thing, I would much prefer them come up with a new concept rather than cloning the ride from DL. If they did a clone, it would still be an awesome addition to the studios though. I just think that at this point something new an innovative would be best since Disney has full control of the franchise now.

They could easily make it an indoor water coaster, since Crystal Skull used duck boats during the big chase sequence.
water_coaster_1.jpg

Poseidon20060804011.jpg

Fate of Atlantis would be a good theme for it. Or if they were to go with a Crystal Skull (preferably non-Alien though. The actual Mayan-style crystal skulls are mysterious enough), set it on the Amazon. Like what would happen if MK's Jungle Cruise took a detour through the gates of a snake-and-boulder infested hell. :D

cba

I'd love to see an IJ-themed ride in DHS. Just not a copy of the one in DLR. What I would like to see is a minecart coaster like the one in Temple of Doom. Unfortunately, we already have SDMT coming. But I'm all for an IJ ride.

mharrington

They could easily make it an indoor water coaster, since Crystal Skull used duck boats during the big chase sequence.
water_coaster_1.jpg

Poseidon20060804011.jpg

Fate of Atlantis would be a good theme for it. Or if they were to go with a Crystal Skull (preferably non-Alien though. The actual Mayan-style crystal skulls are mysterious enough), set it on the Amazon. Like what would happen if MK's Jungle Cruise took a detour through the gates of a snake-and-boulder infested hell. :D

I would love to see an Indiana Jones ride come to the Studios (whether or not it replaces the stunt show), but I'm not sure that a water coaster is the right idea, let alone one themed to Atlantis. Mainly, nearby Sea World has that kind of ride already, a water ride allegedly themed to Atlantis. So I'm not sure. Maybe they could do a ride themed to the abandoned "Lost Expedition" concept.

The Empress Lilly

'Stuntshow Indy' is not just not replaced by 'Awesome Ride Indy' because TDO is cheap, but for several other reasons too.

For one, DHS has not yet lost all ambition to not just be another 'film franchise collection' park, but a park about filmmaking. As such, it needs a stunt show, or two. Stunts are one of the most iconic, most spectacular aspects about filmmaking.
Secondly, there needs to be diversity between the four WDW parks, lest they all become blurred as 'ride parks with different theme. DHS' identity is that of 'live show park'. With the Indy ride consisting of a jungle with an Indian temple, how diferent will DHS still be from Adventureland and Asia in DAK?

I'd sooner expect Indy to be replaced by a stunt show of another property. Which might not happen soon either, because of Indy's mass appeal, and because Indy was made in an era when the physical aspect of stunts was still more prominent than CGI.

javy2004

i know there is no chance that this is it, but annoucing on dec 7th that IJ from DL coming to DHS would be amazing, given the refurbishment would be complete in DL and the attraction reopens. while i've visted DL for 5 days and ridden Indy about 9 times in those visits, i still see myself riding many many times in the future.

the general consensus i get here is that a lot of ppl are with the stunt show one and done or once every few years when they visit DHS (i've read maybe 15 or so complete trip reports and i think one has said to have seen the stunt show). this is something that R & D been done for so the cost would go pretty much towards construction of the attraction (although there's probably ways to make it more efficient since the original is nearly 20 years old). there would finally be a 5th attraction that can handle 2400 riders per hour (just did a quick search on this) while the stunt show on a full house can hold 2150 guests. those 2400 riders per hour is much needed for EMH as i've read that lines are pretty long since not a whole lot is open at DHS at that time.

it's also worth noting that if there was a ride that i wouldn't mind waiting for bc of the detail in the queue, Indy in DL is probably in my top 3 with space mountain in MK and Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey. I also think attractions like the stunt show are of a bygone time where people really enjoyed being able to watch something like that. i think people want more to be IN IT and experience it from the 1st person and not the 3rd person. Bringing Indy to DHS would also be welcome to many in that it uses practical effects instead of projections and simulations. While i love rides like Star Tours and TSMM, feeling the heat of flames and seeing a bridge you're crossing rock as you cross it and all of that makes you feel a lot more immersed. Indy is a classic IMO with the mountains, star tours, ToT and TSMM. many, but not all, of these attractions are in multiple or all resorts. I feel these all deserve a spot in every resort. Indy and carsland would bring a lot more balance to the park, giving at least 2 popular D or E tickets spread throughout in 3 sections in the park.

Something needs to be done with DHS along with DAK. I'm not so much for shows except for nighttime fireworks/ laser/ pretty lights shows a la Wishes, Fantasmic or MSEP so i welcome taking down shows for more rides. i feel it'll bring more ppl staying at these parks longer. i sort of rambled, but more rides!! DLR is just 2 parks, but has nearly as many attractions (and great ones as that) as WDW. I don't understand that.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
A great attraction, personally I couldnt give a chuff where they put it, Epcot even, that would have the added bonus of giving fan boy purists wand like aneurysms.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
It certainly is a huge excuse. And a lie.

But please, people here need to stop saying demo the Stunt Show because you've seen it. Many many guests haven't, or are seeing it each day for the first time, and a month ago each show was still standing room only. Just because you don't like it isn't a valid argument to remove it.

Let TDO decide that for themselves.
I just want TDO to decide to update it. I don't mean including the fourth movie or anything, but I feel that they need to stop the "I was the stunt double!" storyline; it's insulting. Also, I, for one, feel that the hokey "tourist getting punched in the face" guy isn't that amusing or convincing anymore.
One perk of the show is that, depending on a number of variables, you may see different stunts being performed than the last time.

mharrington

'Stuntshow Indy' is not just not replaced by 'Awesome Ride Indy' because TDO is cheap, but for several other reasons too.

For one, DHS has not yet lost all ambition to not just be another 'film franchise collection' park, but a park about filmmaking. As such, it needs a stunt show, or two. Stunts are one of the most iconic, most spectacular aspects about filmmaking.
Secondly, there needs to be diversity between the four WDW parks, lest they all become blurred as 'ride parks with different theme. DHS' identity is that of 'live show park'. With the Indy ride consisting of a jungle with an Indian temple, how diferent will DHS still be from Adventureland and Asia in DAK?

Well, the Indy ride in Tokyo DisneySea is in a jungle with a Mayan/Aztec temple (like the one for Epcot's Mexico pavilion), so maybe they could do something different.

Also, there is already another, much newer stunt show, the Lights Motors Action stunt show.

FettFan

Original Poster
Well, the Indy ride in Tokyo DisneySea is in a jungle with a Mayan/Aztec temple (like the one for Epcot's Mexico pavilion), so maybe they could do something different.

Also, there is already another, much newer stunt show, the Lights Motors Action stunt show.

And France actually got an Indy mine train roller coaster. "Temple of Peril".

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom