Indiana Jones Adventure coming to WDW?

mharrington

I just want TDO to decide to update it. I don't mean including the fourth movie or anything, but I feel that they need to stop the "I was the stunt double!" storyline; it's insulting. Also, I, for one, feel that the hokey "tourist getting punched in the face" guy isn't that amusing or convincing anymore.
One perk of the show is that, depending on a number of variables, you may see different stunts being performed than the last time.

Also, and this is probably just a small quibble coming from me, but it seems that the show has become more politically correct. Here is a picture to show you what I mean, of a sniper plane from both "Raiders of the Lost Ark" and from the stunt show (which recently also had the same swastika imagery as in the movie):
sniper_plane.jpg

I have no idea what that symbol in the second picture is (I do know the first, though, hence my frustration), but take a look at both pictures and I think you might notice that something is different.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Also, and this is probably just a small quibble coming from me, but it seems that the show has become more politically correct. Here is a picture to show you what I mean, of a sniper plane from both "Raiders of the Lost Ark" and from the stunt show (which recently also had the same swastika imagery as in the movie):
sniper_plane.jpg

I have no idea what that symbol in the second picture is (I do know the first, though, hence my frustration), but take a look at both pictures and I think you might notice that something is different.
Luftwaffe markings, Iron Cross style. Not every Eric was a Nazi, maybe they didnt want to offend Sikhs?

ad7234.jpg

FettFan

Original Poster
sniper_plane.jpg

When they first opened, they used the swastika.
Here it is in 1992.

DisneyparkFreak

Personally I have nothing wrong with the stunt show, yeah I've seen it once and probably will only see it again if there is nothing else to do or I'm traveling with family who have never been to WDW. However, you have to admit that it does eat up a ton of people for every show. I'm no expert but that is probably one of the reasons why they keep it open. How many people can sit/stand in there per show? I would rather have them all in there then in line for TSMM, ST, RRC, or ToT.

I would love there to be an IJ attraction, but maybe not necessarily a clone. Obviously there is a reason TDO keeps killing it and its not about the money and maybe not because they are cheap.

zurgandfriend

My 2 cents; The swastika is also a native american good luck symbol, not used much since the second world war. Tthe 45th Infantry Divison (Oklahoma National Guard) used it as their division symbol until 1938 when preparing for possible war with Germany they changed it to the Thunderbird. Many World War I american air squardron aslo used the swastika and Indian head for their symbols.

AswaySuller

sniper_plane.jpg

I'm not Jewish or easily offended but I think not having swastikas at WDW is a good thing.

AswaySuller

While we're talking about Indy I have a question I've often wondered about....

Why do they pretend to film it? I personally think that's a lot of wages for all those people that add very little to the show. If they had the footage on screens to show what the camera saw then fine..... But I also think it would be just as effective if they said this is how we would do it in the movies..... In a climate where every dollar helps I think that'd be a pretty good cost cutting move... Unless those people serve a purpose I am unaware of?

mharrington

I don't know if it has been brought up before, but just in case, another reason why it may or may not be time for this stunt show to go is that it probably continues to try and pretend that they are actually trying to "film" some pickup scenes from the Indiana Jones movies as the audience sees it. These movies came out 20-30 years ago!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom