Indiana Jones Adventure coming to WDW?

Ginzuishou

Again, I have seen the show multiple times and I would not mind if they got rid of it. Some people will think that is being selfish but the Indiana Jones adventure is a stage show that has been running for more than 20 years; it's not an iconic ride such as Dumbo or the Haunted House.

We've had over 20 years to see the show. It is time for a change people!!!!!!!!!!! Although it is better in person, If you want to see the show, you are able to go on YouTube and watch it. Making something new and better in that area would be great for the park.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Again, I have seen the show multiple times and I would not mind if they got rid of it. Some people will think that is being selfish but the Indiana Jones adventure is a stage show that has been running for more than 20 years; it's not an iconic ride such as Dumbo or the Haunted House.

We've had over 20 years to see the show. It is time for a change people!!!!!!!!!!! Although it is better in person, If you want to see the show, you are able to go on YouTube and watch it. Making something new and better in that area would be great for the park.
Thousands of guests are having their first visit - and first viewing of the show - every single day. Unless the show runs half empty all the time its still immensely popular.

SirLink

Thousands of guests are having their first visit - and first viewing of the show - every single day. Unless the show runs half empty all the time its still immensely popular.

Your wasting your time Martin trying to explain its popular. These people want to keep some of stagnant staleness around in other parks though ...

michmousefan

They aren't going to get rid of two stunt shows in a five year window... so I would imagine that Indy will be fighting Nazis for a while yet. LMA, on the other hand... that can go away anytime... bring on Carsland!

doctornick

I don't have a dog in this fight -- I'm fine with the stunt show staying and I'm fine with it being replaced. I will say that just because IJ draws a crowd doesn't mean it shouldn't be replaced with something that would be potentially more popular. If, for example, the stunt show was replaced by a clone of the IJA ride from DL, I think that would be more popular and a bigger driver of attendance than the stunt show is. Would that be a reason to make such a change? Depends on the investment cost and potential upside, so I don't think we'll see anything happen.

Also, I do wonder if part of the reason that the stunt show regularly draws crowds is because of a general sparsity of stuff to do in DHS. I mean, people are going to go to the park anyway with MYW tix and IIRC it's the park with the least amount of attractions. Especially if you party has people who can't or won't tolerate thrill rides, then you end up with only a few things everyone can do together. What I'm saying is, if DHS had a greater number and variety of offerings, I wouldn't be surprised if the stunt show would suddenly appear "less popular" since people would be doing other things.

AswaySuller

I understand that it's many people's first visit but that's not an excuse not to replace and close something... If that we're the case we'd still have mission to mars and dreamflight...

The fact that its still hugely popular is an excellent reason not to close it.

I watch it everytime but its become more of a tradition now.... I've probably seen it 30 times... I do still enjoy the show but the bit with the guy in the pink shirt is tired and really only something you enjoy the first time and maybe the second because you feel "in on the joke".

I personally think the Indy ride has much better repeat value... I love that ride... But that's me purely being selfish.

It seems to be one of those discussions that won't go away... I kind of believed if it hasn't happened yet it probably won't ever happen... I guess recent events have breathed a bit more life into rumours.... I'm sure someone will state where it's previously been done but I can't see them cloning a (20?) year old attraction.... We got DINOSAUR instead... That was the closest wdw will probably come to getting Indy.

kerri dutrisac

Would love to see the Indiana Jones ride at WDW. One of my favorite rides at Disneyland. We haven't been back to California in 6 yrs. We now go annually to WDW. So it would be amazing to bring ride to Orlando :)

zero creativity

Hate to bump an old thread, but I was watching the Full House trip to WDW and saw the Indy Stunt show and then watched the whole stunt show on youtube and I was wondering when did they change the swastika off the plane in the stunt show? Were they forced to do it or done for some other reason?

tare

Indiana is one of my least favs at dl. It's just like dinosaur at wdw. Jerky hurry and not fun. Just my opinion!!

Genie of the Lamp

It seems that the Iger and crew are only focusing right now on promoting the SW universe (of course that can change). I don't feel that they want to reinvigorate the Dr. Jones franchise otherwise we would've heard about it by now. So basically what I'm saying is Disney currently has very little interest in Dr. Jones either in the cinema or in its parks.

Edit: That being said, I would welcome an expanded IJ presence for WDW anytime, any day given the opportunity.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I love the Indy ride at DL, so much better than Dinosaur. I like the stunt show at HS too but a ride of some sort would be lots better. Maybe an Indy coaster.

Marc Gil

Don't get me wrong, I would love to see an Indiana Jones attraction at WDW other than IJESP, but I think it has to be something entirely different than what's already in Disneyland. We already have an EMV Jeep Ride (Dinosaur). I don't know, don't you think it'll be too similar? Then again, it's like saying "it's a small world" and POTC are similar just because they both use bateaus. IDK just something to think about.

Marc Gil

Can't we have both the stunt show AND a new Indy ride?

Many people complain that the park is half day. Why replace when they can add?

:|

Agree with you, guests could enjoy both!
both.png

I'm sorry, I had to...

neoshinok

Hate to bump an old thread, but I was watching the Full House trip to WDW and saw the Indy Stunt show and then watched the whole stunt show on youtube and I was wondering when did they change the swastika off the plane in the stunt show? Were they forced to do it or done for some other reason?

Everyone seemed to miss your entire question and continue debating Indy in the parks... It's crazy they EVER had the swastika in the show, and also bizarre they would show it on Full House:hungover:

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Everyone seemed to miss your entire question and continue debating Indy in the parks... It's crazy they EVER had the swastika in the show, and also bizarre they would show it on Full House:hungover:

Showing the swastika isn't very pc and doesn't make people very comfortable, however in the movie Indy's enemy was the Nazis so it is accurate to the film.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom