Indiana Jones 5 Now Pushed Back to 2021

BlakeW39

Personally I think the film will do poorly both critically and financially. And I got that feeling before I saw the RT score. Of course I hope I'm wrong, as this was one of the few films Disney's released as of late that I would have considered seeing. But personally I'd bet on that RT score staying below 60%.

Tha Realest

Better question is if the movie is truly this much of a mixed bag, why debut it at Cannes and let the reviews sit there for a month? Terrible marketing decision. Are the people in charge this bad at assessing what they have in the final cut?
Because Iger missed the pageantry of this sort of thing

Ripken10

I still say it's way too early. Of the last 13 reviews as of 7:56 pm it has gotten a 69. What amazing things you can do with numbers when the totals are so small. Averages out to a 50% after 26 reviews. Still too early too mean anything.

Phroobar

Is young Indy worth watching?

EDIT: doesn't seem to be on NZ Disney+ unless I am checking before time zone differences add it.
Young Indy is 22 episodes. Each one is an hour and half "movie". The first six have Indy has 9 year old traveling the world while the remainder have him as a twenty something in World War I. Each episode has Indy meeting some famous person of the time. He seems to rarely look for lost artifacts. It felt like Lucasfilm's attempt at Edutainment.

Indy_UK

Better question is if the movie is truly this much of a mixed bag, why debut it at Cannes and let the reviews sit there for a month? Terrible marketing decision. Are the people in charge this bad at assessing what they have in the final cut?

This is Disney who can’t probably run a bath let alone market their products properly. They should be the best at this

Mmoore29

This is Disney who can’t probably run a bath let alone market their products properly. They should be the best at this
Everyone will forget about Cannes, and the movie is bound to rake in the dough.

Besides, these critics are inconsistent about the length of ovations at Cannes means. Five minutes for Indy is disastrous, but some indie film gets six minutes, and it's a "rousing success."

erasure fan1

Everyone will forget about Cannes, and the movie is bound to rake in the dough.
I'm not sure anyone cares in the first place. The movie will have a strong opening, most likely just because it's Indiana Jones. After that it's going to live or die based on the quality and entertainment factor of the film. Will it rake in the dough? I hope it does, I'm a big Indy fan. I can't say I am very confident as we are talking about Kennedy and Lucasfilm.

DCBaker

Premium Member
"Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny hopes to set off early Fourth of July fireworks at the domestic box office.

Disney and 20th Century’s the long-awaited next installment in the action-adventure franchise is pacing to open to $60 million to $70 million over the June 30-June 2 weekend, according to early tracking. That’s on par with Mission: Impossible — Fallout and No Time to Die, and those films didn’t face such a crowded marketplace."

Tha Realest

"Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny hopes to set off early Fourth of July fireworks at the domestic box office.

Disney and 20th Century’s the long-awaited next installment in the action-adventure franchise is pacing to open to $60 million to $70 million over the June 30-June 2 weekend, according to early tracking. That’s on par with Mission: Impossible — Fallout and No Time to Die, and those films didn’t face such a crowded marketplace."

If that bears out it’s a catastrophic opening number.

Phroobar

I was thinking the same thing. 60mil? That seems really low for a summer tentpole as high profile as Indiana Jones.
Well they are going back in time. June 30th to June 2nd. That would reduce their take right?

is pacing to open to $60 million to $70 million over the June 30-June 2 weekend, according to early tracking.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom