Indiana Jones 5 Now Pushed Back to 2021

Screamface

Interesting how Indiana Jones was informed by Marion Ravenwood that they had a son, in Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, named Mutt Williams. One would imagine heir apparent to the Indiana Jones legacy yet that has faded to nothing and now there is a god daughter rising to seeming become heir apparent to the adventure legacy.

Lots of blanks to fill.

The rumours are
Marion is dead. Mutt died off-screen in the Vietnam war.

Although you can't trust any supposed Lucasfilm leaks and rumours. As there is a precedent of much nonsense. Although the supposed leaks for the ending of this film are so horrendously bad I hope they are true. Those same sources now say it's changed. Which is very convient if they were fictional to begin with.

GimpYancIent

Wouldn't be the first time modern Lucasfilm has taken a Harrison Ford character, destroyed him, made him a miserable beaten down man, and then killed him...
Lucasfilm has created a legend (like it or not) which is now a classic with a large fan following, regardless of what Lucasfilm or any other production company that gets the rights over the IP do the legend will live on.

Ghost93

Interesting how Indiana Jones was informed by Marion Ravenwood that they had a son, in Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, named Mutt Williams. One would imagine heir apparent to the Indiana Jones legacy yet that has faded to nothing and now there is a god daughter rising to seeming become heir apparent to the adventure legacy.

Lots of blanks to fill.
I feel that since Shia LaBeouf trashed Kingdom of the Crystal Skull and made it clear he was done with the franchise, there wasn't any real way to include Mutt in this film without a recast.

Jedijax719

Hate to say it, but I think it's going to be a rough road for this movie. I had said for a while that this movie will struggle to find a wide audience. It's not like TGM (which I personally didn't think was that great) that has young people to balance Cruise (who isn't that old himself). But this one has nobody under 35.

My biggest concern about this movie was the effect it would have on the Jedi origin movie with Mangold at the helm.

TalkingHead

Early response seems to be better than Crystal Skull, which I guess was always the best case scenario. But that’s hardly going to generate much enthusiasm among casual moviegoers.

Screamface

So apparently one of the trailers has this bit of dialogue:

Indy: I fought the Nazis, you know.
Snarky Invincible Female: You also stole from indigenous people.

So yeah, Indy's getting the Kathleen Kennedy Emasculation Treatment.

HARD
PASS

God, I hate "Disney" right now...

Is this true? I've only seen it written over images from the tuk-tuk chase clip. Which in itself has obnoxious dialogue but not that.
Hate to say it, but I think it's going to be a rough road for this movie. I had said for a while that this movie will struggle to find a wide audience. It's not like TGM (which I personally didn't think was that great) that has young people to balance Cruise (who isn't that old himself). But this one has nobody under 35.

I think the big issue is that there's generally no faith that they can serve these old properties well anymore. TGM was its own beast separate from the original. I had never seen the original until the week before I saw TGM, yet I was really hyped for the movie.

We're in a weird place, there's little faith so films actually have to deliver. Which is good. Yet there's so little faith good films can still not find the audience they deserve as too many people won't give them a chance.

Things cut through by the sheer quality or they've got stars, directors, and franchises that the audiences trust. Tom Cruise, Cameron, GoTG, Fast & Furious ect.

Magenta Panther

Reviews for this are very mixed so far, according to the site Rotten Tomatoes.

I am intrigued by the movie's rumored ending, however...
Marion isn't dead. She and Indy are on the brink of a divorce. But according to one review, there's a "welcome return" of a character at the movie's end. Which, IMO, is likely Marion. Let's hope so.

BuddyThomas

So apparently one of the trailers has this bit of dialogue:

Indy: I fought the Nazis, you know.
Snarky Invincible Female: You also stole from indigenous people.

So yeah, Indy's getting the Kathleen Kennedy Emasculation Treatment.

HARD
PASS

God, I hate "Disney" right now...
Pass then. And BYE!

TalkingHead

33% on RT with a dozen reviews. The ending is said to be “wild” and likely to be polarizing.

Reminder that Crystal Skull premiered at Cannes, and critics loved it. (Ebert 3.5 stars, etc.) Maybe it was the magic of the festival and getting to see Spielberg return to pulpy material after so many years, but critics have loved Indy at Cannes in the past. Maybe critics in June with lowered expectations will be relieved it’s a competent entry.

Either way, a (temporary?) rotten rating of sub-50 is not what Disney wants out there for six weeks while marketing this thing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom