Indiana Jones 5 Now Pushed Back to 2021

doctornick

A tongue in cheek line about capitalism. The things people get worked up over.

I don't largely care but the line is certainly cringe worthy. I mean, it's pretty anachronistic to be said in the 60's for starters and taking something from someone else isn't remotely capitalism. If they wanted to make a statement about taking things from others, she should have said "it's called colonialism" and still have that righteous indignation.

But more importantly, I don't understand for the life of me why they would include that in a trailer. You have it as a throwaway line in the movie, sure that's fine. But to put it in a trailer, when you are trying to advertise and sell the movie, when you know it is going to rile up and annoy a segment of the potential fan base just seems like a dumb idea.

Wendy Pleakley

I don't largely care but the line is certainly cringe worthy. I mean, it's pretty anachronistic to be said in the 60's for starters and taking something from someone else isn't remotely capitalism. If they wanted to make a statement about taking things from others, she should have said "it's called colonialism" and still have that righteous indignation.

But more importantly, I don't understand for the life of me why they would include that in a trailer. You have it as a throwaway line in the movie, sure that's fine. But to put it in a trailer, when you are trying to advertise and sell the movie, when you know it is going to rile up and annoy a segment of the potential fan base just seems like a dumb idea.
The people riled up by this are riled up over EVERYTHING.

doctornick

The people riled up by this are riled up over EVERYTHING.

Perhaps but the point is why give them ammo? Disney used to be the master at appealing to all groups and not being offensive to anyone. When it comes to advertising it makes no sense to deliberately put something in that you know will annoy some people and potentially negatively impact ticket sales.

Wendy Pleakley

Perhaps but the point is why give them ammo? Disney used to be the master at appealing to all groups and not being offensive to anyone. When it comes to advertising it makes no sense to deliberately put something in that you know will annoy some people and potentially negatively impact ticket sales.
Who cares? The people upset by this would have found something else to be upset about.

erasure fan1

You have it as a throwaway line in the movie, sure that's fine. But to put it in a trailer, when you are trying to advertise and sell the movie, when you know it is going to rile up and annoy a segment of the potential fan base just seems like a dumb idea.
Well that's all Kennedy. She is extremely antagonistic to the fans. Especially the core fan who grew up on star wars and Indy. It's one of the major reasons so many dislike her and won't give her a pass.

Screamface

The last Ant-Man had a side plot about how wonderful ant's are for being communists. Being so dumb they don't even understand how ant colonies work and are organised. We're allowed to roll our eyes at this crap.

DCBaker

Premium Member
A few more details about de-aging Harrison Ford in Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny.

"“Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny” director James Mangold confirmed in a new interview with Total Film magazine that Harrison Ford spends approximately 25 minutes of the sequel de-aged to appear around the age he was in “Raiders of the Lost Ark.” The “Dial of Destiny” team previously disclosed that new VFX technology was created for the film in order to de-age Ford, but now fans know it was for an extended act of the movie and not just a simple flashback scene.

Mangold called Ford “incredibly gifted and agile,” which made it easy for the actor to “pretend that he was 35” when filming the scenes.

“But the technology involved is a whole other thing,” Mangold said. “We had hundreds of hours of footage of him in close-ups, in mediums, in wides, in every kind of lighting, night and day. I could shoot Harrison on a Monday as, you know, a 79-year-old playing a 35-year-old, and I could see dailies by Wednesday with his head already replaced.”

“It wasn’t a year of effort to get to a first pass,” Mangold continued. “It was an incredible technology, and, in many ways, I just didn’t think about it. I just focused on shooting what’s [approximately] a 25-minute opening extravaganza that was my chance to just let it rip. The goal was to give the audience a full-bodied taste of what they missed so much. Because then when the movie lands in 1969, they’re going to have to make an adjustment to what it is now, which is different from what it was.”"

Full article below.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Comments from Steven Spielberg after viewing Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny.

"Steven Spielberg has seen “Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny,” the fifth installment in the long-running adventure franchise and, notably, the first entry not to be directed by Spielberg himself. “The Wolverine” and “Ford v Ferrari” director James Mangold took over filmmaking duties on “Dial of Destiny.” Anyone worried a Spielberg-less “Indiana Jones” movie might not deliver the goods can now rest easy, as Spielberg himself loved the latest sequel.

“I just had that experience two nights ago,” Spielberg said at the Time 100 Summit when asked what it’s like watching an “Indiana Jones” movie he didn’t direct. “Bob Iger had a screening for a lot of the Disney executives and I came to the screening along with the director James Mangold. Everybody loved the movie. It’s really, really a good Indiana Jones film. I’m really proud of what Jim has done with it.”

Spielberg added, “When the lights came up I just turned to the group and said, ‘Damn! I thought I was the only one who knew how to make one of these.”"

Full article below.

GimpYancIent

Interesting how Indiana Jones was informed by Marion Ravenwood that they had a son, in Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, named Mutt Williams. One would imagine heir apparent to the Indiana Jones legacy yet that has faded to nothing and now there is a god daughter rising to seeming become heir apparent to the adventure legacy.

Lots of blanks to fill.

Phroobar

Interesting how Indiana Jones was informed by Marion Ravenwood that they had a son, in Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, named Mutt Williams. One would imagine heir apparent to the Indiana Jones legacy yet that has faded to nothing and now there is a god daughter rising to seeming become heir apparent to the adventure legacy.

Lots of blanks to fill.
Exactly what happen to Indy's wife Marion?
Is Mutt teaching a high school class in auto mechanics and likes to water ski like The Fonz?
iu

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom