India Pavilion?

BrianLo

Indeed. Catalogued when you said it. Don't know why some people are surprised to hear it brought up by another site. ;)

This does officially clear up the confusion, actually.

We now know that...

MagicFeather said:
What if there’s two games of tug-o’-war going on. Each game involves one same park and one other park. The park that is playing both can’t win both.

A——B——C. Only two can win. MK is exempt.

And @marni1971 's subsequent follow up that it wasn't over two IP's "As such" in reference to you bringing up Indy...

Which lead to the following exchange

So none of our insiders can go on record on any of this, but someone please correct me if this isn't correct:
  • There are 2 or more parks competing for a single IP: Presumably Indiana Jones
  • There are 2 or more parks competing for a single ride system: Unknown
Did I miss anything in the last 131 pages?

marni1971 said:
  • There are 2 parks competing for a single IP
  • There are 3 parks competing for a single ride system

Animal Kingdom was park B, with a proposal for an Indy Project and a Jungle Book Project. One was to use boat tech, I'm going to assume Jungle Book. Obviously they were never going to fund both projects.

Epcot was attempting to get the boat tech and Jungle Book for an India Pavilion.

DHS was attempting to get the boat tech.... but shockingly... NOT Indy. There was never an Indy DHS proposal? Meaning there is a weird unmentioned IP floating out there.

Last edited:

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Correct me if I'm wrong, because I very well could be, but I think I remember hearing that the Africa plot is too close to fireworks storage for a regular pavilion. It would have to be mostly inside so it could be reinforced in case of emergency situations. Or the fireworks storage moved.

Is there any truth to this? And if there is, is there anything you can say about what Disney is thinking of doing about this?

And just thinking here....Illuminations is going going gone. Has it been announced that fireworks will be in the 'new' show? Could all this be rearranging of a night closing show to accommodate something new? Just wondering out loud.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
And just thinking here....Illuminations is going going gone. Has it been announced that fireworks will be in the 'new' show? Could all this be rearranging of a night closing show to accommodate something new? Just wondering out loud.

Yes...

the all-new nighttime fireworks spectacular joins several previously announced experiences coming to Epcot, including the highly anticipated “Guardians of the Galaxy” roller coaster attraction in Future World, a “Ratatouille”-inspired attraction in World Showcase, a new table-service restaurant adjacent to Mission: SPACE in Future World and much more.

From here: https://wdwnews.com/releases/all-ne...earth-as-part-of-the-transformation-of-epcot/

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Yes...

the all-new nighttime fireworks spectacular joins several previously announced experiences coming to Epcot, including the highly anticipated “Guardians of the Galaxy” roller coaster attraction in Future World, a “Ratatouille”-inspired attraction in World Showcase, a new table-service restaurant adjacent to Mission: SPACE in Future World and much more.

From here: https://wdwnews.com/releases/all-ne...earth-as-part-of-the-transformation-of-epcot/

Thank you!

Hayley In Wonderland

I think the beauty of Indian cuisine is that it survives pretty well being dumbed down - chicken tikka masala is fine. Maybe it's because i didn't grow up with Indian food, but the stuff I eat in restaurants here seems fine to me. (Though looking at reviews of the Taste of India food court reviews on Yelp, I'm less optimistic.)
I'm from the UK, and Indian food is really well loved over here (we have Indian takeaways and restaurants everywhere, just as much as we have kebab houses) and it really is wonderful. The different flavours and textures they have in their food :inlove: it would be great to see it represented more in WDW!

PREMiERdrum

Yeah, the idea that they couldn’t “do” Africa because of DAK never sat well with me. Quite a few cultures in there to ignore. But let’s add another European nation, please!

It's ingrained in most of us at a young age, or at least was in the '70s, '80s, and '90s, to group most non-European cultures together by continent. Generic depictions of "African culture," "South American culture," or "Asian culture" was driven by ethnic stereotypes that linger to this day. Many would root these in the inherent (though often unintentional) racism of the time that made Americans of European descent less likely to find interest in the backgrounds of those who were ethnically different from them.

It's a heavy topic, but it's one worth discussing as we weigh the differences in cultural diversity and sensitivity as viewed through the very different lenses of theme park design in the late '70s and early '90s.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I'm surprised no one has posted the image of all of the available plots yet.

Challenge accepted...

And today...

View attachment 293902

A few things:
  • Orange areas are open areas.
  • Red areas are where there would need to be some deconstruction before reconstruction. In the end, these are expendable if you have the sponsors for a new pavilion:
    • World Showplace (Millennial Village)
    • Canada's Garden and nipping a bit from Imagination.
    • Sommerhus
  • The place where the African Outpost is designated for two pads, but, being up against the fireworks works, the eastern part on the canal would have to be covered and hardened against fireworks.
  • The IG is taking up part of one of the original pads. A half-pad is still open between it and the UK as well as backstage areas.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom