India Pavilion?

KINGLOUIS1993

While I first thought that this really would be better in Animal Kingdom, I suppose the argument could be made that since Jungle Book is a world where animals talk, it doesn't belong there. Not that it belongs in EPCOT, but still.

The other thing is, while AK's Asia has cornered the market on 'authentic' and even 'dilapidated' India (as the natural world shows its dominance over man-made structures), EPCOT would be an appropriate place to showcase 'ideal' India: Shimmering architecture, clean and beautiful spaces with intricate designs. This would all be on the outside, and in true Walt fashion, the temple ruins and jungle would take over the inside of the Jungle Book attraction.

To be fair I don't think that Dinosaurs used to run carnival games so I am not sure that always is the case.

peter11435

To be fair I don't think that Dinosaurs used to run carnival games so I am not sure that always is the case.
There are no animals running carnival games in Dinoland. Chester and Hester and their employees run the games.

Dinoland is ‘authentic’ dilapidated Americana just as Harambe and Anandapur are dilapidated Africa and Asia.

Kilimanjaro safaris, Kali Rapids Expeditions, Himalayan Escapes, Alpha Centuri Expeditions, Tetak Logging, Chester & Hester and others around the park all represent similar concepts of people and corporations using nature for capital gain, some positively, some negatively.

Stripes

Premium Member
I've been thinking about this a little bit and overall I think this project is pretty likely. If Disney wants to build an India pavilion, what other IP could they use other than Jungle Book? I can't think of anything. Conversely, there are plenty of options for DAK. So much so that it's kinda overwhelming. Please let me know if I'm forgetting another India-based IP!

eddie104

I've been thinking about this a little bit and overall I think this project is pretty likely. If Disney wants to build an India pavilion, what other IP could they use other than Jungle Book? I can't think of anything. Conversely, there are plenty of options for DAK. So much so that it's kinda overwhelming. Please let me know if I'm forgetting another India-based IP!
Yeah your right but what are these IPs that fit DAK ?

Capsin4

Not to mention with how much of a stake that India has in Animal Kingdom’s Asia, it seems like it would be a huge misuse of space to put it in World Showcase.
Epcot is about people and culture and would work well unless the demand for more edutainment there is really not there. It’s a major missing piece in that regard. AK is fauna and maybe generic architecture.

WDWVolFan

Would be a huge win for this park. Much needed E-ticket, fabulous IP with relevant culture, food and architecture. I agree this would be so much more interesting than a Brazil pavilion.
So Brazil doesn’t have relevant culture, food and architecture?

What a horrible thing to say.

erasure fan1

I get the impression that TDO would want to add to WS more than FW, given that it means more opportunities to part guests with their money than FW, save Figment mech.
Exactly, that's why it's surprising they haven't done more countries in all this time.

I'm not a big fan of an India pavilion. There are other countries I would like to see first. I've never been a fan of Indian food and a big draw to world showcase for me is the food. Of course better to build something rather than nothing and since I've never been a big world showcase fan, it won't bother me whatever country they do.

Robbiem

Well there is Indiana Jones and the temple of doom but I dont think that would be appropriate at all for WS, although chilled monkey brains would be an interesting addition to food and wine!

Stripes

Premium Member
Maybe someone does. It’s interesting watching the dots slowly get joined.

It has credibility. But is far far far from happening.
Just curious when your last update was. To me, the article kind of insinuated that things may have suddenly progressed. At least this bit had me scratching my head:
This project could be a few years away, but it is starting to be discussed more seriously by executives at this point.
Do execs even talk about a proposal seemingly still in the early blue sky stage?

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Just curious when your last update was. To me, the article kind of insinuated that things may have suddenly progressed. At least this bit had me scratching my head:
Do execs even talk about a proposal seemingly still in the early blue sky stage?
I can attest that in most large companies, of Disney's size, yes they are very much a part of conversations on projects that are years away as part of their Strategic Plan.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom