India Pavilion?

Hatbox23

This does officially clear up the confusion, actually.

We now know that...

And @marni1971 's subsequent follow up that it wasn't over two IP's "As such" in reference to you bringing up Indy...

Which lead to the following exchange

Animal Kingdom was park B, with a proposal for an Indy Project and a Jungle Book Project. One was to use boat tech, I'm going to assume Jungle Book. Obviously they were never going to fund both projects.

Epcot was attempting to get the boat tech and Jungle Book for an India Pavilion.

DHS was attempting to get the boat tech.... but shockingly... NOT Indy. There was never an Indy DHS proposal? Meaning there is a weird unmentioned IP floating out there.
MARVEL?

John park hopper

Adding some new country pavilions in EPOCT is long over due. Some potential countries that come to mind are Thailand, India, Brazil, Australia and Spain. Don't know if any would sponsor or where they would put them in EPCOT.

jt04

Well if Indy goes to DHS, then it would make sense that Jungle Book 'E' goes to DAK. Because DAK was strongly rumored to get Indy. Logically they must feel the need to add another E Ticket to each park.

Attraction money for Epcot is being targeted at Future World.

Unless, of course, a country is sponsoring a major pavilion in World Showcase. If so, nothing I wrote in this post means anything.

Hope that clears up everything.

Thanks phoenicians

Outpost would easily make the most sense. Especially if we we're to get the rumored attraction with this. I still don't understand how we went from Future world needing the most work to putting a lot of money (possibly) in to WS with Rat, UK attraction(maybe), Brazil (maybe), India (maybe). Not complaining but still hopefully FW is going to see changes.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Let’s start another rumour just to remind other sites the news is usually here first :brb: (just teasing, Tom :) )

Du du dee dur, du dh derrrr, Du du dee dur, du du d h s....

After all, I did post this last year:

View attachment 315062

Whatevs...

I predict in 8 years there will be a mine train ride dedicated to Snow White in the New Fantasyland area. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if after decades and decades of the same restaurant lineup in MK a nice, new sit down restaurant that was based on the Beast's castle opened in the aforementioned new Fantasyland area. Finally, I think that James Cameron will make an outer space movie called Avarice and a land based on that will be put in Animal Kingdom, say 10 or 11 years from now. Also, either Dora the Explorer or Jack Sparrow will be added to MGM.

Finally, in 2019 there will be a SW expansion in MGM (will be re-branded Movie Magic Kingdom) and it will consist of an X-Wing spinner and two restaurants - Jabba's Hamburger Hutt and Cinnabon's Organa Rolls.

In 2014, Germany and Argentina will meet in the WC finals. Germany 1 - Argentina 0 in quadruple OT. Some weirdo with a rat tail for Argentina will miss an easy chance.

Also, DVC will be added to Caribbean Beach resort and Coronado Springs will add a high rise and several Taco Bell's.

India will be rumored for WS for years...rumor will pick up steam in 2018-2019. India will be built in 2022. It will originally slated for completion in 2021, but a young imagineer will think the plans say "Indiana" and design an area based around corn and open wheeled racing vehicles.

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
FYI, the plots either side of AmAd are not available.

Is that because of the facade issue in which the AmAd facade's forced perspective is at a different ratio than its neighbors or because it's necessary for backstage access, or for a principle of setting AmAd apart?

If it's a facade issue, there are some workarounds like having an arch of indeterminate size lead to an interior section visually cut-off from anything else, or, you pass a bunch of trees like the ones already there.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Is that because of the facade issue in which the AmAd facade's forced perspective is at a different ratio than its neighbors or because it's necessary for backstage access, or for a principle of setting AmAd apart?

If it's a facade issue, there are some workarounds like having an arch of indeterminate size lead to an interior section visually cut-off from anything else, or, you pass a bunch of trees like the ones already there.
Facades. To protect the design there’s not enough room to build anything meaningful.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom