India Pavilion?

Rodan75

To verify this rumor, we should follow the money...
Who would sponsor???

Star India...but seriously there are plenty of companies like Tata, Mahindra and plenty of others that escape me at the moment that are doing business in the US that could use the same name recognition boost that Siemens received.

Rodan75

Didn’t one of the probable sponsors of the favoured Brazil pavilion get done for corruption? So maybe India has worked it’s way up the list now......, especially if there is a potential sponsor willing to put money on the table. I’m sure @marni1971 said that ultimately the first new pavilion would likely be one for which a sponsor agreed terms quickest.

The Tata group would be my guess. I think they are owned by a group with a big philanthropic interest. And I’m quite sure they could stump up the cash.

I agree Tata would be the likely candidate.

Spash007

While I agree India is well represented in AK, India also is such a large country with so much to offer from both a cultural and historical perspective that it makes sense for it to be shown independently. That said, while I think the Jungle Book could be a good use of the PotC tech, I hope they would also work in appropriately to the pavilion showcasing some of true India in the ride. Just the jungle, animals, etc would fit much better in AK in my opinion.

Besides India, I'm also really hoping for Greece but I know in terms of sponsorship the economic conditions there would limit that possibility. But it would be gorgeous on the WS, the food would be amazing, and Hercules has so much ride potential that would include an IP while showcasing Greek mythology/culture.

Magenta Panther

Oh HECK yes. India would be much better than Brazil, would have a creative link with Disney via The Jungle Book movies, and, with a good dark ride, be a much more enjoyable experience for guests. Yes, we're talking putting IP into World Showcase, but that ship has sailed so we have to deal with it. A Jungle Book ride is something I can get behind 100%. Now, if it happens, no doubt there will be cuts and TDO trying to do things on the cheap, because that's also a reality with today's Disney (freaking Iger). But with the recent reports of softer attendance, maybe, just maybe, TDO will do the right thing for once and create something that's MORE than just "good enough". We can hope...

nickys

Premium Member
Besides India, I'm also really hoping for Greece but I know in terms of sponsorship the economic conditions there would limit that possibility. But it would be gorgeous on the WS, the food would be amazing, and Hercules has so much ride potential that would include an IP while showcasing Greek mythology/culture.

There are plenty of very rich Greek business men/women who could put up the money if they wanted to. Let’s not pretend it would be the governments financing the pavilions.

Lensman

And from the corporate perspective, the nice thing about a JB ride is that they could share costs by putting it in Paris as well. I'm not sure whether they could squeeze it into DL, though. It seems to me that Adventureland is pretty full.

nickys

Premium Member

Fair enough. I do recall someone (not you) listing the top 5 or 6 companies from Brazil, and then posted the news that the bosses of one of them had been indicted for fraud. So obviously they weren’t the potential funders!

Anything you can tell us on the current status of a new pavilion? :)

britain

While I first thought that this really would be better in Animal Kingdom, I suppose the argument could be made that since Jungle Book is a world where animals talk, it doesn't belong there. Not that it belongs in EPCOT, but still.

The other thing is, while AK's Asia has cornered the market on 'authentic' and even 'dilapidated' India (as the natural world shows its dominance over man-made structures), EPCOT would be an appropriate place to showcase 'ideal' India: Shimmering architecture, clean and beautiful spaces with intricate designs. This would all be on the outside, and in true Walt fashion, the temple ruins and jungle would take over the inside of the Jungle Book attraction.

Last edited:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Let’s start another rumour just to remind other sites the news is usually here first :brb: (just teasing, Tom :) )

Du du dee dur, du dh derrrr, Du du dee dur, du du d h s....

After all, I did post this last year:

69D7E629-1973-4903-A03C-16FDA2121176.jpeg

Last edited:

SteamboatJoe

My only hesitation about an India pavilion is the fact that, to the geographically unaware, there may already seem to be somewhat of an India theme at AK.

That said, India is a huge country with a diverse number of cultures and a history dating back to the dawn of civilization. I am sure Imagineering would be able to design something that will be unique to Epcot. And I am sure any aesthetic similarities would be no more prominent than American Adventure to Liberty Square or China to AK's Asia.

SpoiledBlueMilk

I would love to see India get a pavilion. It makes so much more sense than Brazil. There is an immediate Jungle Book tie-in, the food would be more diverse, there is already a roving India food stall for Food and Wine....Do it Disney!!!!

SteamboatJoe

I would love to see India get a pavilion. It makes so much more sense than Brazil. There is an immediate Jungle Book tie-in, the food would be more diverse, there is already a roving India food stall for Food and Wine....Do it Disney!!!!

Why more sense? South America has no representation, there is a Brazil tie in to an IP, the Brazil tour groups are legendary, Brazil is a large, diverse country with a very special ecosystem, Brazil is vibrant, colorful, and has unique foods. Brazil makes just as much as sense.

They could and should do both.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom