India Pavilion?

mousekedoc

Premium Member
Just read that too. He even calls it a rumor though. Usually he'll write that something is confirmed to be on the way. This time he even emphasizes that India Pavilion is a rumor.

wdwfan4ver

I always wait to to hear from @marni1971 on these matters.
It says it will utilize the Shanghai Pirates ride system We do know there are competing projects that are presenting that want to use it at WDW. This just maybe one of them and hence the "rumor"status.
While Jungle Book was not hinted at here, Marni1971 did mention earlier this year that Epcot and DHS was basically battling out for one of them getting the Shanghai Pirates rides system. Indiana Jones was the rumor concerning the Shanghai Pirates ride system, but didn't recall him mention anything about what attraction the ride system would be used for Epcot.

Last edited:

SeaCastle

In the past I haven't minded the character incursions into World Showcase so much but to have a country of 1.3 billion people distilled into a cartoon animal boat ride is egregious. At least with American Adventure, France, China, & Canada you can see the faces of the people who live there, but not with the Mexico and Norway updates.

Edit- not to say that other places in the park (e.g. Adventureland in MK) need to be about experiencing other cultures, but Epcot was meant to be exactly that

Lensman

Dashed are my dreams of an Antarctica Pavillion....

...i was really hoping -50 degree F temps would be a real cool break area on those 100F+ heat index days.

Oh well....
Maybe they'll put it in the middle of the lagoon, inaccessible and melting?

Note: Then the World Showcase could be like a azimuthal equidistant projection centered on Antarctica!
world-south-pole-azimuthal-equidistant-projection-map.jpg

Last edited:

splash1988

I do like this idea very much -- but i think i'd like the boat ride in DHS w/ the Indy theme a little bit more.
I agree that an Indy themed attraction would be great, however, given the invasion that will occur of DHS once Galaxy's Edge opens, they need to make sure they have new attractions spread among the other parks to draw guests. An awesome new Indy ride in DHS would be just one more reason for people to swarm a park that is already going to be unable to handle the crowds.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom