India Pavilion?

Phineas

I’d personally prefer the Indy approach. But if they go with Jungle Book, I hope they go for the original version rather than the remake which, for the record, is my favorite of the new wave of mostly-unnecessary remakes. It has more staying power, I’d say. Plus, this ride system could make the collapsing temple scene really impressive.

As others have said, this really would be better suited to Animal Kingdom.

capsshield

There are four countries I've always dreamed of seeing in World Showcase, India, Russia, Egypt, and Greece, and I've always pictured them with a ride or two.

So if they are working towards adding one or more of them I say go for it. If all we get is Brazil that's ok too, but I have trouble seeing what they could do with that country that excites me as much as the other four prospects I mentioned.

I never thought much about adding Switzerland though until I saw the Matterhorn attraction it would have had. Now I can only wonder why it or Mt. Fuji never got built. So maybe Imagineering will surprise me with Brazil if it moves forward.

I'm sure there are many that want a Brazil pavilion and I hope we get one. I don't like raining on anyone's parade, so here's hoping for both.

eddie104

Would this be instead of Brazil? I'd think with an E-ticket attraction and a new pavilion with it they'd allocate the Brazil money to this project.
From what I understand money for Brazil has already been budgeted and sponsor lined up. This is a new “pitch” to get the Shanghai ride tech into WDW. To me this would be perfect world with Brazil getting constructed with a Rio attraction as well as the India with JB. France is getting RAT so that is three new rides to the parks count. Plus the overhaul seems to be focused on Future World and WS needs love to.

floridagirl57

For what its worth, I'm in the camp of "this is great but it belongs in AK." When I first read the announcement from "that site" on twitter, my brain immediately just thought this would be an AK expansion. I can't even get excited about this in Epcot.

CJR

I love the idea! I know it's extremely early, but I wonder where it would go.

If it's an E-Ticket ride, the expansion plots seem a bit more limited if Brazil is still planned for its location. My guess is the plot between Japan and Morocco?

The old Africa plot seems super close to the Brazil plot between Germany and Italy. It'd be funny for two new pavilions to open so close together after a few decades since Norway's addition.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom