In regard to Beast, Mermaid, & Indiana

po1998

Any upgrades/replacements to the 3 DHS attractions mentioned in the thread title(or any other DHS attractions) better happen before SWGE opens. They can't afford to have any less capacity when the masses descend upon DHS in the fall of 2019.

Haymarket2008

Any upgrades/replacements to the 3 DHS attractions mentioned in the thread title(or any other DHS attractions) better happen before SWGE opens. They can't afford to have any less capacity when the masses descend upon DHS in the fall of 2019.

Unfortunately, I would be surprised if they managed to get 1 of those replaced by the time Galaxy's Edge opens.

Princess Leia

My bet is they'll wait on all of them, let the initial surge occur at SWGE, then refurb/replace them singly sometime at least a year or 2 after SWGE opens.
Which is a shame, because they really need to switch out Mermaid and put Moana in tomorrow. Actually, last spring would have been ideal for that. Moana needs a presence in the parks, and this would be a great way to showcase the movie.

SteamboatJoe

One of these areas needs to cease being used as a theater, since the studios concept has been abandoned, and converted into some sort of other attraction space. If it were me, I'd probably keep Theater of the Stars but give it a new show. I like the Indy stunt show and I think it still pulls in some decent crowds but I could see this eventually being replaced. A mini-Indy land centered around a WDW version of Indiana Jones Adventure would be nice.

Last edited:

EricsBiscuit

I hope Disney phases out the smaller scale shows like Mermaid and BatB bc they just look so cheap. Fantasmic is awesome bc of its scale, even though it needs to be updated. They need to also use that theater in the daytime and replace the BatB theater with a ride. Same goes for Mermaid, Disney Junior, and Launch Bay. Indy needs the backstage parts cut out. Maybe even replace the whole thing.

TheDuke

Beauty and The Beast and Mermaid will probably be replaced with newer IP's at a certain point.

The Indy Show is still very popular and it's hard to imagine HS without it, IMO. Wouldn't have a problem with a update, though, or if they wanted to replace it with an Indy dark ride or coaster.

So i just also asked this similar question on another forum but once SWL opens do you guys think if they do close the Launch Bay lets say do you think thats when they would close Little Mermaid possible then either change Animation Courtyard to either another IP or keep it as Animation Courtyard but just replace all the rides/shows/attractions in the area?

I really liked what they did this past summer in the BaTB theater with the orchestra playing the music from various Pixar films, I feel like maybe they can keep the theater but add more variety to its uses. Instead of having one show all day maybe one during the day and the other more in the evening.

NoChesterHester

So i just also asked this similar question on another forum but once SWL opens do you guys think if they do close the Launch Bay lets say do you think thats when they would close Little Mermaid possible then either change Animation Courtyard to either another IP or keep it as Animation Courtyard but just replace all the rides/shows/attractions in the area?

Whatever they do, it would be nice if they reconnected it to Sunset Blvd and created a loop on that side of the park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom