In regard to Beast, Mermaid, & Indiana

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
You expect Indy, Mermaid, BatB and Fantasmic to be replaced in 4 years? lol good luck
Whoa! When did Fantasmic slip in there?

Perhaps, they turned their attention to creating LMRA. Maybe, they will focus on changing an existing show once they have something to offset the lost capacity of a show being down.

Sounds logical.

tirian

They don't seem like they were intended to stay as long as they did. They just didn't have anything to replace them in their particular venues so they stuck. It's not because of fan demand they stay- it's just, like with the Country Bears, they can't really plug anything into those spots. Frankly I think the only reason the American Idol Experience isn't still there in spite of AI ending is because they actually had Frozen to replace it with.
...except CBJ is still popular and has had two other shows inside (Vacation Hoedown and Christmas).

Somebody, please put Mermaid and BATB out of their misery.

MadTeacup

Of those three I believe only Indiana Jones was meant to be longterm. Mermaid and Batb were probably only temporary shows meant to be switched out to promote the next big animated blockbuster. That is just a wild guess on my part.
Yup! I can't speak for how long BatB was intended to run (I expect it was similar), but I do know that Mermaid was intended to run for 2 years. 27 years later...

Mermaid is a decent show (though I'm baffled as to why they fast forward to the end after the Poor Unfortunate Souls segment).
Because they cut Kiss the girl due to staging issues and time constraints. Imagine Ariel and Eric on a boat in the middle of the stage with fog and puppets swirling around them. That scene almost happened twice - when the show first debuted in 1992 and again in 2002 when it was refreshed.

If I had to put money on which DHS show will close first, it would be on Mermaid. I also wouldn't expect it until crowd levels become more manageable post-Edgepocalypse.

Princess Leia

Yup! I can't speak for how long BatB was intended to run (I expect it was similar), but I do know that Mermaid was intended to run for 2 years. 27 years later...

Because they cut Kiss the girl due to staging issues and time constraints. Imagine Ariel and Eric on a boat in the middle of the stage with fog and puppets swirling around them. That scene almost happened twice - when the show first debuted in 1992 and again in 2002 when it was refreshed.

If I had to put money on which DHS show will close first, it would be on Mermaid. I also wouldn't expect it until crowd levels become more manageable post-Edgepocalypse.
Wow that’s the first I’ve heard about the inclusion of Kiss the Girl. Since the ride actually covers that song, it really pains me that the show is still happening. Just switch it to Moana already :mad:

Timothy_Q

It's interesting how different the Epcot and DHS park updates are being handled.

At DHS they focused on big projects (Mickey, TSL, SWGE) while kinda forgetting about the smaller scale projects (like updating the shows) to flesh out the park and bring it up to date.

Epcot on the other hand is almost going the opposite direction, with a bunch of these "smaller" projects
(WoL, Innoventions, park entrance, SSE update, Land film, China film, Space 220, Uk ride, etc)

eddie104

It's interesting how different the Epcot and DHS park updates are being handled.

At DHS they focused on big projects (Mickey, TSL, SWGE) while kinda forgetting about the smaller scale projects (like updating the shows) to flesh out the park and bring it up to date.

Epcot on the other hand is almost going the opposite direction, with a bunch of these "smaller" projects
(WoL, Innoventions, park entrance, SSE update, Land film, China film, Space 220, Uk ride, etc)
I think TDO just drags its feet to update those shows and tries to milk them for everything they are worth.

I had a thought today. With the Disney/Fox deal now complete, The Greatest Showman would fit in quite nicely at DHS, and would make an excellent replacement for Beauty and the Beast.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I had a thought today. With the Disney/Fox deal now complete, The Greatest Showman would fit in quite nicely at DHS, and would make an excellent replacement for Beauty and the Beast.

While I know people love the music and certain elements of TGS, there are a whole lot of other people who know Barnum's real history and Disney would be put through the ringer to put a show featuring him in any park.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
re: Theater of the Stars (but mostly Belle)
I know everyone's clamoring for a replacement show (Tangled, other) but with a removal, it would open up DHS for more attractions. I'd rather it gone and in it's place a few C-tickets, possibly as a mini-land.

re: Indy
I guess the same could be said for the Indy stunt show. However, unlike ToTS I still think Indy has more potential for revival/overhaul assuming the IP is expanded.

re: Mermaid
Kill it. Kill it with fire! It makes sense to demolish the area but they could also expand PIXAR's presence. I'm good either way so long as they nix Mermaid. No need for Ariel and the gang now that her story is told in the MK.

Hoping for 2/3 by 2024.🤞

Last edited:

The Grand Inquisitor

My ideas for what disney should do with these shows.
Beauty and the Beast : golden mickeys or tangled musical as the replacement show. Also bring pixar orchestra live back ! Or demo the theater and build a new dark rid or land.
Indy: demo to build a indy boat ride and turn echo lake into the amazon forest themed to Indiana Jones.
Little Mermaid: The building and the rest of animation courtyard should be replaced by monsters inc land.

The Grand Inquisitor

1576275053100.png

Please tell us anything! I would be happy with a Bob Iger and Bob Chapek duet ! Anything!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom