In regard to Beast, Mermaid, & Indiana

No Name

I miss the American Idol Experience. What a perfect attraction for the park. You'd catch me dead before singing on stage, but I loved being an audience member, watching and voting for real people in a real competition for a real prize. This is literally where people's hollywood dreams and stardom aspirations began. Now American Idol will be on a Disney-owned network so it would make even more business sense. Oh well.

peter11435

I miss the American Idol Experience. What a perfect attraction for the park. You'd catch me dead before singing on stage, but I loved being an audience member, watching and voting for real people in a real competition for a real prize. This is literally where people's hollywood dreams and stardom aspirations began. Now American Idol will be on a Disney-owned network so it would make even more business sense. Oh well.

Disney will not own the fox network

smile

the folks in washington don't like the idea of the same company owning more than one of the following national networks: ABC/CBS/Fox/NBC (neither should anyone else for that matter); and have, therefore, taken steps to prohibit such an occurrence.

No Name

Disney will not own the fox network
the folks in washington don't like the idea of the same company owning more than one of the following national networks: ABC/CBS/Fox/NBC (neither should anyone else for that matter); and have, therefore, taken steps to prohibit such an occurrence.

The show's on ABC now, you goons...

Princess Leia

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
with the fox purchase, whats the chances of us getting a full on 20th Century Fox park?

Zero.

If Disney didn't make a fifth gate for Star Wars, it ain't going to do so for Fox. Fox doesn't market to families the way Disney has.

Besides, the purchase of Fox was for its deep library and distribution for access to the streaming market worldwide. Not at all for the parks.

Stitch McDuff

Commenting on the original topic - Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast are two of Disney's timeless stories, and two who have among the largest fanbases. I don't feel a limited-year run is necessary for either of these shows. That being said, Little Mermaid is now very well told (retold) in Magic Kingdom, so the Hollywood Studios puppet show is definitely due for a well thought out replacement. Beauty and the Beast, if updated properly (not just a highlight reel retelling of the story), deserves to stay where it is. As for Indiana Jones - the scene director thing feels a little outdated now, in a studios park that's not really based on studio concepts anymore. This IP still fits the evolving park theme well, and deserves to stay, with an update away from the director vibe, and more focus on just the action (though I really enjoyed my chance to be an "extra" in that show a few years ago - such a unique experience).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom