In regard to Beast, Mermaid, & Indiana

RSoxNo1

Whatever they do, it would be nice if they reconnected it to Sunset Blvd and created a loop on that side of the park.
Yeah, removing either the Star Wars Launch Bay and/or the Disney Junior should would open up a lot and connect those two. It could also "re-district" Rock 'n' Roller Coaster for an appropriate re-theme if need be.

Spash007

Launch Bay should close the second Galaxy's Edge opens.

Man I hope so. The location has always bothered me. Not just because it's animation courtyard, but because when you look towards the courtyard you have the archway with the DHS name on it, a nice thematic piece. But then the size and formatting of Launch Bay over powers it. It'll just be nice to have a dedicated area for Star Wars so that the rest of the park can be distinct again (hopefully)

HauntedMansionFLA

Man I hope so. The location has always bothered me. Not just because it's animation courtyard, but because when you look towards the courtyard you have the archway with the DHS name on it, a nice thematic piece. But then the size and formatting of Launch Bay over powers it. It'll just be nice to have a dedicated area for Star Wars so that the rest of the park can be distinct again (hopefully)
What meet and greets will go in after SW:GE opens up? You come have a ton of them.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The complaint about MFL over at MK that you was too girly and the 7DMT was added for the boys. Will the same complaint happen at DHS that there isn’t a princess ride??

Other than the shows with Belle, Ariel, Anna & Elsa, and Sophia? And Rey kicking butt? And Jesse roping Rex while Buzz and Woody just smile and wave? And Marian and Miss Piggy throwing punches? Princess girl power, ACTIVATE!!

Indy_UK

What’s good is that once Galaxies Edge is open, they can easily close off animators courtyard no work on it but from what I’ve heard, there aren’t really much planned for Studios past Galaxies Edge :(

Indy_UK

I’ve always thought that Animation Courtyard should be converted to an area that’s based on classic Disney animation. Connect it to ‘Walt Disney Presents’ too. Bring back a hand drawn animation class. Bring Oswald as a meet and greet to the area.

It will all kinda blend with Mickey and Minnie’s runaway railway too.

Princess Leia

I’ve been thinking about this, and I hope that whatever the plan is going forward, the variety of the shows remains (to an extent). This is what is currently being performed:

Beauty and the Beast- musical retelling
Disney Junior- I actually have no idea what this entails
Frozen- singalong
Indy- stunt show
Little Mermaid- puppets and black light
Muppets- 3D

Now here’s what I would like to see happen:

Beauty and the Beast- enclosed theatre, 40-50 minute runtime, updated costumes, and the Beast gets a live performer and not the prerecorded dialogue while he’s in an enclosed suit.
Disney Junior- Ummmm... keep it? I haven’t seen it since Bear in the Big Blue House was around.
Frozen- stays the same. The singalong format works.
Indy- stunt show remains, but with a plot (not sure how to do this, but keep the remaining sets and maybe make Sallah a narrator?)
Little Mermaid- turn it into Moana. Extend the runtime to 30 minutes.
Muppets- stay the same, but bring back the Muppet features in the area

Last edited:

Princess Leia

Turning the stunt show into a stunt show with an actual plot might be a little difficult, but I think it might be possible? I’m spitballing ideas here, so if you have something to add, feel free to comment.
  • Keep the opening as is, but Indy escapes the ball. Confrontation with Belloq or ‘original to DHS bad guy/femme fatale’ and Indy loses the idol. Enter Marian & Sallah with the idea to follow the baddie to Egypt. Indy & Marian exit stage left, and put the spotlight on Sallah as he sets the tone (and for set pieces to be moved in the background).
  • Spotlight on Indy & Marian discussing the idol, playfully fighting, yadda yadda
  • Egyptian market- same fight scene, add a little plot, throw the baddie in there too
  • Another scene front center stage while the scenery is being set up
  • Plane scene- essentially keep as is. Indy & Marian get the idol, baddie is either killed (with all of the Nazis) or taken into custody.
I think a 30 minute retelling of Raiders is impossible, but this keeps the sets and adds Sallah (always a bonus).

Movielover

Turning the stunt show into a stunt show with an actual plot might be a little difficult, but I think it might be possible? I’m spitballing ideas here, so if you have something to add, feel free to comment.
  • Keep the opening as is, but Indy escapes the ball. Confrontation with Belloq or ‘original to DHS bad guy/femme fatale’ and Indy loses the idol. Enter Marian & Sallah with the idea to follow the baddie to Egypt. Indy & Marian exit stage left, and put the spotlight on Sallah as he sets the tone (and for set pieces to be moved in the background).
  • Spotlight on Indy & Marian discussing the idol, playfully fighting, yadda yadda
  • Egyptian market- same fight scene, add a little plot, throw the baddie in there too
  • Another scene front center stage while the scenery is being set up
  • Plane scene- essentially keep as is. Indy & Marian get the idol, baddie is either killed (with all of the Nazis) or taken into custody.
I think a 30 minute retelling of Raiders is impossible, but this keeps the sets and adds Sallah (always a bonus).

I had similar thoughts to how I would update the show. I kept trying to come up with newer stunt scenes but the ones there are already so dang good that what I came up with was not even close to how amazing the stunts scenes are now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom