In regard to Beast, Mermaid, & Indiana

Kman101

I’ve always thought that Animation Courtyard should be converted to an area that’s based on classic Disney animation. Connect it to ‘Walt Disney Presents’ too. Bring back a hand drawn animation class. Bring Oswald as a meet and greet to the area.

It will all kinda blend with Mickey and Minnie’s runaway railway too.

That was always my thought, too. Have it be an area where classic Disney animation and Walt is celebrated. But they could also probably do a lot with that area of space, if they truly wanted to start over there. But they don't seem to be in a rush to fix certain spots that still stick out. At least not yet. I'm assuming it's a spot they've probably got plans for that we just haven't heard whispers of yet. Hopefully. But I worry they'll rest on their laurels with DHS after SW and Mickey opens. Personally, while I get their reasoning for wanting SW at the end of Streets of America, it should have expanded into the parking lot. It was still near that corner of the park. They should have put Cars Land where the stunt show and backlot tour was. They still don't seem to grasp they need to truly expand the park and they're kind of wasting space, they could have utilized a lot of it better. But silly me, we'd not get three lands being built at the same time. I just had a nice picture of how DHS should probably look and they're failing a bit, lol. Not knocking the attractions coming though.

Kman101

Turning the stunt show into a stunt show with an actual plot might be a little difficult, but I think it might be possible? I’m spitballing ideas here, so if you have something to add, feel free to comment.
  • Keep the opening as is, but Indy escapes the ball. Confrontation with Belloq or ‘original to DHS bad guy/femme fatale’ and Indy loses the idol. Enter Marian & Sallah with the idea to follow the baddie to Egypt. Indy & Marian exit stage left, and put the spotlight on Sallah as he sets the tone (and for set pieces to be moved in the background).
  • Spotlight on Indy & Marian discussing the idol, playfully fighting, yadda yadda
  • Egyptian market- same fight scene, add a little plot, throw the baddie in there too
  • Another scene front center stage while the scenery is being set up
  • Plane scene- essentially keep as is. Indy & Marian get the idol, baddie is either killed (with all of the Nazis) or taken into custody.
I think a 30 minute retelling of Raiders is impossible, but this keeps the sets and adds Sallah (always a bonus).

This could work. While I still like the show as is, I think it's time to drop the director aspect if they're keeping the show for now. But then I can also see why they aren't updating it, since it always seems to be on the chopping block, lol. I'm sure there's room for a ride and a stunt show but alas ...

Princess Leia

I had similar thoughts to how I would update the show. I kept trying to come up with newer stunt scenes but the ones there are already so dang good that what I came up with was not even close to how amazing the stunts scenes are now.
Exactly!
This could work. While I still like the show as is, I think it's time to drop the director aspect if they're keeping the show for now. But then I can also see why they aren't updating it, since it always seems to be on the chopping block, lol. I'm sure there's room for a ride and a stunt show but alas ...
there’s definitely room for both over there. I really hope they don’t just choose the ride over the option of both.

Princess Leia

So, I was looking at Wikipedia and saw this:
F167738B-B93D-467E-82CD-217D80B74FE1.jpeg

I’m sure it could just be someone taking a rumor and putting it on Wiki, but I thought I would point it out

drod1985

How many people can watch IJ, BatB, Frozen, Little Mermaid and Fantasmic each show?

Indiana Jones capacity is 2,150 per show. Looks like they do 5 shows a day, so your max capacity is 10,750 guests per day.

Beauty and the Beast capacity is 1,500 per show. Looks like they do 5 shows a day as well, so your max capacity is 7,500 guests per day.

Can't find any solid numbers capacity for LM. I'd guess LM can seat about 300? They've got 27 showings listed for today. That's a capacity of 8,100 per day.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Indiana Jones capacity is 2,150 per show. Looks like they do 5 shows a day, so your max capacity is 10,750 guests per day.

Beauty and the Beast capacity is 1,500 per show. Looks like they do 5 shows a day as well, so your max capacity is 7,500 guests per day.

Can't find any solid numbers capacity for LM. I'd guess LM can seat about 300? They've got 27 showings listed for today. That's a capacity of 8,100 per day.

Based on those numbers I'd say LM should be the first to go. Thems kinda low numbers. Not bad but not great.

Just for some perspective and understanding; I see that Monster's Laugh Floor (roughly the same square footage) seats approx. 500. In contrast to LM and based on a rotation every 30min (20 for queue 10 for show) with 27 showings; It looks like Laugh Floor gets approx. 13,500 guests per day. (on a good day)

Not much more than LM but still an improvement. I guess a good replacement for Voyage would be Monster's Inc Laugh Floor. ;)

Last edited:

HauntedMansionFLA

Based on those numbers I'd say LM should be the first to go. Thems pretty low numbers. Just for some perspective and understanding; I see that Monster's Laugh Floor (roughly the same square footage) seats 400 (though rarely 100% full) so let's go ahead and round that down to a slightly more realistic 300. What is it's capacity per day in contrast to LM?
I would have thought Indiana Jones capacity was larger.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom