In regard to Beast, Mermaid, & Indiana

Spash007

The only reason I can think of as to why nothing's been updated, is that without the shows there is even less of an appeal for families with young kids. However, I'd actually argue the opposite. Yes there are M&Gs, but when we went last year we viewed it as the park with the shows. There were 4 we could take our daughter to and we knew she would maybe sit through 2 max. So in that way it was a waste for us. if there were less shows, and would have at least been an even split between shows and M&Gs maybe that would have changed our perspective of it.

And yes, it has hit me that I am arguing that it's a positive for a theme park to be shows and M&Gs. In no way do I think that's the ideal scenario, just the one that HS has found itself in in the last few years. But I'm hoping with TSL and Disney Jr update happening, that will free up the need for these shows and they can be updated. Let's be honest, it's not like there aren't a ton of other shows they could pull from other parks anyway for a fairly quick update.

mikejs78

Premium Member
If they wanted to leave the shows in the park I’d even be okay with that as long as they were updated.. I don’t know why there hasn’t ever been small updates such as including Belle and the beast dancing in the ball room or animatronic moving faces and I know I’ve said it before but HD video for mermaid..
My guess is, with so much of the park closed/under construction, they didnt want to close much else. Maybe now that TSL is open, one of the shows will close down this fall for a redo...

RSoxNo1

I am unaware of that ever ceasing to be the plan and yet I'll believe it when I see it. We are running out of time to get their replacements up and running before SWGE opens.
The only major thing they should/could be waiting for is the official opening of Toy Story Land. What should happen:
Toy Story Land opens
Announcement for Beauty and the Beast replacement
Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge opens
Announcement for much larger addition that would replace Mermaid and Launch Bay

Princess Leia

Since it hasn't been 'officially' posted in this thread:
Cars show coming to DHS
"Lightning McQueen's Racing Academy" will open at the park early next year, Walt Disney Imagineering's Kathy Mangum announced at a press conference following the dedication of Toy Story Land this morning. Featuring the star of Pixar's Cars franchise, the new show will be located near Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster and also will feature Mater and Cruz Ramirez.
https://www.themeparkinsider.com/flume/201806/6173/

UpAllNight

Chapek commented today something along he lines of ‘as we transform Hollywood Studios from a park that takes you behind the scenes to one where you live the action’ it suggests at the very least, if he’s true to this theme, Indy is out.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Chapek commented today something along he lines of ‘as we transform Hollywood Studios from a park that takes you behind the scenes to one where you live the action’ it suggests at the very least, if he’s true to this theme, Indy is out.

Transitioning Indy from Stunt Show to Show would be fairly simple should they wish to keep him around a little longer.

JohnyKaz2078

I'm hopeful. This legitimately frees them to take Beauty and the Beast offline after Christmas. 9 months to enclose the theatre and offer a new show? Seems doable.
That may not happen so quickly. They could have put Lightning McQueen's Academy in there but they chose the Flex theater. This either means that there are bigger plans or that there are no plans at all.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom