In-park ID's

Sledge

Account Suspended
Just wanted to let you all know that I've gotten all your request. Some of the DP are now unavailable so I'll have to mark them off of the list later on. I'm off to work so I'll start making them tonight when I get home.

If I make you one I'll be able to change the avatar every two months at the minimum, but at this point I won't be able to change the design. I'll try to think of a way were you would be able to change the design every six months or so, and I may limit it where you can only get one DP, LE, and GE design each.

figment1985

OOOOOOH, I know, I'll just Tattoo my screename onto my forehead! Seriously, is it worth getting this worked up over?

WELL

Let's see... I AM GETTING WORKED up because I AM THE ONE MAKING SOME FOR PEOPLE who might change their mind and use the "super-cool" sledge one...and wow- all my work and TIME has been wasted.

Sledge said:
Just trying to help those that want a different looking one. I'm not trying to screw it up.

Yeah.. Ok...

I think this thread needs to be trashed and we should just start a poll. With both pictures and my reasoning, and then let everyone else decide.

Yes, people can change their mind and use yours sledge, but you really have completely offended chape and me.

And you know what? I can make something just as great as yours, but I choose NOT to - so we can find each other. That's the point. AND through all this discussion, you have obviously still missed it.

Valawen9

And you know what? I can make something just as great as yours, but I choose NOT to - so we can find each other. That's the point. AND through all this discussion, you have obviously still missed it.

Its really not that hard to keep a lookout for both IDs while in the parks.:wave:

But you know, maybe a poll would be a good idea and put an end to the bickering.

Chape19714

Original Poster
Its really not that hard to keep a lookout for both IDs while in the parks.:wave:

But you know, maybe a poll would be a good idea and put an end to the bickering.
Or maybe perhaps people can stick with original ideas instead of insulting it because they feel they can do it better. If you think that it's so much better, you should have started the thread and gone through the work required. Copying ideas is plagorism. This is not an art contest, it's an ID. Not even Disney's ID's have charactors and fancy graphics on them.

Valawen9

Or maybe perhaps people can stick with original ideas instead of insulting it because they feel they can do it better. If you think that it's so much better, you should have started the thread and gone through the work required. Copying ideas is plagorism. This is not an art contest, it's an ID. Not even Disney's ID's have charactors and fancy graphics on them.

Yeah well...don't bite MY head off. I'm not the one who made the friggin' things.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I wish we could have Official WDWMagic t-shirts , then all this bickering would be unnecessary.

They're "Coming Soon" according to Steve :sohappy:

But I don't think that'll help with the bickering. I'm not thrilled with wearing the same T-shirt for a 7-day stay [though I might just buy a dozen so I don't have to do laundry :lol:] and the concept of the IDs for WDWMagic members without actually identifying the website is a fine one.

I'm personally comfortable with both varieties, I'm just looking for members to say hi to at the parks. I can find them whether they're wearing the basic white card, Sledge's detailed version or a paint chip with their avatar and screen name on it. All are good ideas and none should be discounted or put down.

I've created one of the ones in the basic design and I've asked Sledge to create one of his for me [something tells me I took too long to decide and I might not get the 'Platinum Edition' version that was my first choice :cry:, but that's cool too :D].

I intend to display both while in the parks, if I can without being too cluttered, because I like both! I'm looking forward to seeing members wearing either or both as well.

I think the original idea was intended to get us together in the parks. Let's stick to that thinking here on the forums as well and just enjoy the very good idea for what it is.

figment1985

I wish we could have Official WDWMagic t-shirts , then all this bickering would be unnecessary.

I agree.. I wish it could be like that.

I understand we can use both id's as well.. but at the same time- we will not be unified. We need to represent this great website.

Uponastar

But I don't think that'll help with the bickering. I'm not thrilled with wearing the same T-shirt for a 7-day stay [though I might just buy a dozen so I don't have to do laundry :lol:] and the concept of the IDs for WDWMagic members without actually identifying the website is a fine one.

I'm personally comfortable with both varieties, I'm just looking for members to say hi to at the parks. I can find them whether they're wearing the basic white card, Sledge's detailed version or a paint chip with their avatar and screen name on it. All are good ideas and none should be discounted or put down.

I've created one of the ones in the basic design and I've asked Sledge to create one of his for me [something tells me I took too long to decide and I might not get the 'Platinum Edition' version that was my first choice :cry:, but that's cool too :D].

I intend to display both while in the parks, if I can without being too cluttered, because I like both! I'm looking forward to seeing members wearing either or both as well.

I think the original idea was intended to get us together in the parks. Let's stick to that thinking here on the forums as well and just enjoy the very good idea for what it is.

Perfectly stated!
*applause*
We can use either, or both, or something totally different, and still get the response we're looking for. . .recognition from other members!
It can work!

Valawen9

:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:
Agreed.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I agree.. I wish it could be like that.

I understand we can use both id's as well.. but at the same time- we will not be unified. We need to represent this great website.

I appreciate the concept of being unified, but as with any idea that gets discussed, you can't avoid change. It's like trying to edit a memorandum "in committee", nothing ever gets agreed to.

The original design was a good one, even though it evolved from the other thread, where a number of options were discussed. I can't fault Sledge for taking that good idea and running with it and coming up with what a number of people also like. If you're making IDs and are worried people will forego them for Sledge's design, stick a note in when you send them saying you'll look forward to seeing them wear your "work" in the parks. I would hope they would wear what they asked for and if that means wearing both, so be it.

I'd hate to see this excellent idea founder because of the bickering...

metscool

I think this would be beter then the t shirts. If you wear the T-shirt one day you can't wear it until you wash it. These you put them somewhere and every day people will see it.

Chape19714

Original Poster
I think this would be beter then the t shirts. If you wear the T-shirt one day you can't wear it until you wash it. These you put them somewhere and every day people will see it.

Exactly my point in creating the ID's. That's actually on the 1st post! :wave:

montymon said:
I appreciate the concept of being unified, but as with any idea that gets discussed, you can't avoid change. It's like trying to edit a memorandum "in committee", nothing ever gets agreed to.

The original design was a good one, even though it evolved from the other thread, where a number of options were discussed. I can't fault Sledge for taking that good idea and running with it and coming up with what a number of people also like. If you're making IDs and are worried people will forego them for Sledge's design, stick a note in when you send them saying you'll look forward to seeing them wear your "work" in the parks. I would hope they would wear what they asked for and if that means wearing both, so be it.

I'd hate to see this excellent idea founder because of the bickering...

To be honest I would be 100% okay with it if it was presented in a differnent way. Bashing the original was not the way to do it. I'd even be willing to switch it all over, but agian, the insults thrown at me completely threw that possibility out the window. If it was PM'd to me 1st or anything like that, Things would be 100% different. :wave: I also would like everyone to be able to make thier own, not having 1 creator of everything.

New2WDW

Maybe Steve will create a lanyard tag for people who purchase his stuff in the future and it will help advertise this site!

As for the ID's now, I will be making mine as soon as I can get some time away for my work load and I agree to keep it uniform like the OP stated, but I will also make up some giveaway cards to swap as well.

New2

wdwishes2005

I dont even need Id's to find members. I found lee, and two other members without even trying at AP previews for EE. What's the problem with wearing both? It won't be hard to spot......

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom