In-park ID's

Nemo14

This is exactly why I thought my suggestion of something very generic like the paint chip idea made good sense... No chance to offend anyone, and you can't get into hot water. I can picture someone within Disney asking someone "hey, what is that in your lanyard" and a week later Steve gets a nasty-gram and the whole thing gets shot down.

:wave:
I liked the paint chip idea and went ahead and got some anyway! :sohappy:

raven

In all honesty, these nametags would be very difficult to read unless you are all up in someone's space just to be able to read the name. Personally I hate having my "purple circle" invaded just so someone can look at my tag. Can't the member name be the main focus so it can be read from a decent distance? Just my thought.

Buried20KLeague

In all honesty, these nametags would be very difficult to read unless you are all up in someone's space just to be able to read the name. Personally I hate having my "purple circle" invaded just so someone can look at my tag. Can't the member name be the main focus so it can be read from a decent distance? Just my thought.

This is actually another reason why I suggested the paint chip idea. A bright, single colored "classic mickey" is easily spotted from a bit of a distance... Then maybe under it, you write your screen name.

But I'm SO NOT LOBBYING to change the idea that's been bandied about for 15 pages... I'm just tending to agree with you that something simple is eaiser to see from farther off. :wave: Chape ran with an idea, and more power to him. People might just have to get up in my grill before they realize I'm a WDWMagicer, that's all. :lol: :wave:

Chape19714

Original Poster
Well...now that it's been moved, the idea is destined to die quickly. I hated to bring up the bickering, but I had to defend myslef. I have given up. I understand people want to be different, but it led to the thread's demise. I am not gonna say I told you so. Thanks Buried20kleague for your kind words. O well, can't help it now. Thanks to all. I'm done being offended and sick and tired of being offended, it now just burns too much. Hopefully this thread will find it's way to the depths. I am actaully too furious about the entire situation to post anymore.

It was a good idea, but it got completely lost. Thanks for that:rolleyes: . But a big thanks to those few who helped me get the nessaccary work done.:wave:

TwoTigersMom

I agree with Steve though... I'd REALLY watch putting characters on these things, or insinuating copyright on the design. This is exactly why I thought my suggestion of something very generic like the paint chip idea made good sense... No chance to offend anyone, and you can't get into hot water. I can picture someone within Disney asking someone "hey, what is that in your lanyard" and a week later Steve gets a nasty-gram and the whole thing gets shot down.

:wave:

I mentioned earlier in the 1st thread, that another Disney Board does this seems to have had great success with it. They use Alien Green so stear clear of that color. They hang them from their back packs, strollers, etc. and even post one on the room door at their resorts. No offense to either Sledge or Chape, but I like the plain simple Mickey paint chip idea the best. All that needs to be done with that, is have a poll to pick a color, then head to Home Depot. It would need to be a lighter color, if people wanted to put their user names on it.
Just using something plain and as easily recognizable as a bright colored Mickey, would deffinately keep people out of your personal space.

Buried20KLeague

Well...now that it's been moved, the idea is destined to die quickly. I hated to bring up the bickering, but I had to defend myslef. I have given up. I understand people want to be different, but it led to the thread's demise. I am not gonna say I told you so. Thanks Buried20kleague for your kind words. O well, can't help it now. Thanks to all. I'm done being offended and sick and tired of being offended, it now just burns too much. Hopefully this thread will find it's way to the depths. I am actaully too furious about the entire situation to post anymore.

It was a good idea, but it got completely lost. Thanks for that:rolleyes: . But a big thanks to those few who helped me get the nessaccary work done.:wave:

I don't think you should take it so personally... The same kind of thing happened a year ago when a few of us really dug in trying to get WDWMagic buttons made... And Steve locked the thread and then didn't respond to e-mails. THAT burned. :rolleyes: You and I both had nothing but the best intentions, but let's face it... The only way for something like this to effectively happen is for it to come from the top... Sanctioned by the site. Permission from the site is well and good... But doesn't get you the "front page" status you'd need to make this crank.

I think the easy way out of this whole thing is for all of us to suggest Steve get WDWMagic lanyards made. That's all it takes. You recognize the lanyard, which is uniform, it can be worn each day, etc... And there ya go. Doing it that way comes from "the top", Steve could put something on the main page about it, and he'd have a vested interest in it because he'd be making a buck. (and there's NOTHING wrong with him trying to make a buck on the idea.)

I mean, realistically, that's what has to happen for this to be a success.

And Steve - If you read this, don't take it the wrong way. We just want a way for members to be indentified in the parks. You should WANT to be involved in this... And you should be proud there's a desire by the members to meet each other. You've got a great site here and people are proud to be a part of it. HELP US MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!! :wave:

Buried20KLeague

I mentioned earlier in the 1st thread, that another Disney Board does this seems to have had great success with it. They use Alien Green so stear clear of that color. They hang them from their back packs, strollers, etc. and even post one on the room door at their resorts. No offense to either Sledge or Chape, but I like the plain simple Mickey paint chip idea the best. All that needs to be done with that, is have a poll to pick a color, then head to Home Depot. It would need to be a lighter color, if people wanted to put their user names on it.
Just using something plain and as easily recognizable as a bright colored Mickey, would deffinately keep people out of your personal space.

I had no idea another site uses that idea... Kinda funny!! Although now that you mention it, I recall seeing a few of those on doors at Riverside last time I was there.

Well, anyway. Like I just put in my previous post, the only way I think this thing gets legs is if Steve gets involved... And my guess is that won't happen. Don't know why, but I don't think it will.

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
I had no idea another site uses that idea... Kinda funny!! Although now that you mention it, I recall seeing a few of those on doors at Riverside last time I was there.

Well, anyway. Like I just put in my previous post, the only way I think this thing gets legs is if Steve gets involved... And my guess is that won't happen. Don't know why, but I don't think it will.

As it has been stated in other threads, there are some official WDWMagic items in the works. Nothing is final yet so we would rather keep quiet about it for now.

figment1985

I don't think you should take it so personally... The same kind of thing happened a year ago when a few of us really dug in trying to get WDWMagic buttons made... And Steve locked the thread and then didn't respond to e-mails. THAT burned. :rolleyes: You and I both had nothing but the best intentions, but let's face it... The only way for something like this to effectively happen is for it to come from the top... Sanctioned by the site. Permission from the site is well and good... But doesn't get you the "front page" status you'd need to make this crank.

I think the easy way out of this whole thing is for all of us to suggest Steve get WDWMagic lanyards made. That's all it takes. You recognize the lanyard, which is uniform, it can be worn each day, etc... And there ya go. Doing it that way comes from "the top", Steve could put something on the main page about it, and he'd have a vested interest in it because he'd be making a buck. (and there's NOTHING wrong with him trying to make a buck on the idea.)

I mean, realistically, that's what has to happen for this to be a success.

And Steve - If you read this, don't take it the wrong way. We just want a way for members to be indentified in the parks. You should WANT to be involved in this... And you should be proud there's a desire by the members to meet each other. You've got a great site here and people are proud to be a part of it. HELP US MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!! :wave:

Very well stated.

I really wish that he'd make some lanyards...

I Know it's time consuming...but like said above, this is a great site that needs lots of support!

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
COOL!!! :sohappy::sohappy:

*first in line*

Not a chance! I've been in line since before the Pinball Contest was announced! :lol:

Don't be trying to muscle your way in front of me, there's no fastpass here!

figment1985

Uh, I'll pay 50% more if I can be first in line....

hahaha

yeah we need a fastpass for this one... for sure..

i would be decked out in some wdwmagic gear..

i'd have the t shirt, the lanyard, the sports shorts, and I'll even carry around the coffee mug with the logo on it.

lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom