In Defense of FLE

IWant2GoNow

Criticism #2: The Fantasyland Expansion is just for kids

Didn't want to quote the whole thing so I figured just the title would work. This is probably by far the best and most logical reasoning I have read on the FLE so far. Well done, sir. :king:

Enchantâmes

I never said how soon they would be gone I just said soon :p

Oh really and what exactly is TDO going to replace 2 of the most popular shows on property with? More Pixar crap? Voyage of the Little Mermaid just got a new sign and has fast pass. They both fill their entire theaters nearly every show, I have seen people waiting in front of the entrance for BatB an hour before the show waiting to get in... Unless there is a Princess and the Frog/Tangled promotion line coming I'm not going to hold my breath. Plus they add much needed capacity to a already tiny park, so I think you're just trying to feed people your opinions and theories as fact once again. Which is fine by me but I will be there to call you out as always. :lol:

Figment632

Oh really and what exactly is TDO going to replace 2 of the most popular shows on property with? More Pixar crap? Voyage of the Little Mermaid just got a new sign and has fast pass. They both fill their entire theaters nearly every show, I have seen people waiting in front of the entrance for BatB an hour before the show waiting to get in... Unless there is a Princess and the Frog/Tangled promotion line coming I'm not going to hold my breath. Plus they add much needed capacity to a already tiny park, so I think you're just trying to feed people your opinions and theories as fact once again. Which is fine by me but I will be there to call you out as always. :lol:

I don't really care if you don't believe me or not once MI coaster opens in the near future AI, will be changed, Once TLM ride opens in MK the show in DHS will be rethemed rather easily, the one you might be right about sticking around a lot longer is B&B.

I trust my sources. I trust my sources. You like to stalk me kind of like JT stalked 74 and it is a little creepy. It was nice to see you disappear for a few months. You are constantly up my a**, I already told you I don’t swing that way dude.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I don't really care if you don't believe me or not once MI coaster opens in the near future AI, will be changed, Once TLM ride opens in MK the show in DHS will be rethemed rather easily, the one you might be right about sticking around a lot longer is B&B.

I trust my sources. You like to stalk me kind of like JT stalked 74 and it is a little creepy. It was nice to see you disappear for a few months. You are constantly up my a**, I already told you I don’t swing that way dude.

Why don't you stick to the discussion at hand instead of making some pathetic personal allegations and attacks....

Figment632

Why don't you stick to the discussion at hand instead of making some pathetic personal allegations and attacks....

He doesn't want to have a conversation, we have been through this before he doesn't like so he disagrees with every single thing I say then launches a personal attack it is a little creepy if you aske me.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
He doesn't want to have a conversation, we have been through this before he doesn't like so he disagrees with every single thing I say then launches a personal attack it is a little creepy if you aske me.

So, anyone who disagrees with you on a regular basis is creepy? Give it a rest.

Figment632

So, anyone who disagrees with you on a regular basis is creepy? Give it a rest.

No he constantly leaves nasty messages on my wall that have since been removed, and if you disagree with him responce is always the same "You just hate gay people". I really try to just ignore him but I am not always succsessful :wave:

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
No he constantly leaves nasty messages on my wall that have since been removed, and if you disagree with him responce is always the same "You just hate gay people". I really try to just ignore him but I am not always succsessful :wave:

There's no need to bring his or anyone else's sexual prefernce into these chats. Period. Leave for the PMs, or leave it alone altogether. That's the type of BS that could get this popular and interesting thread shut down.

Figment632

There's no need to bring his or anyone else's sexual prefernce into these chats. Period. Leave for the PMs, or leave it alone altogether. That's the type of BS that could get this popular and interesting thread shut down.

You aren't listening I don't he always brings it up. I could care less what he does on his own time I really don't care I just wish he would leave me alone. It is only him, I have no problem debating with anyone else he is the only one.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
[/B]

You aren't listening I don't he always brings it up. I could care less what he does on his own time I really don't care I just wish he would leave me alone. It is only him, I have no problem debating with anyone else he is the only one.

The only one overtly bringing it up in this thread is you. Let it go....

MAF

Um yeah, so 3 people bickering about something other than the topic at hand for 3 pages, must be wdwmagic.com...:lol:

stlbobby

lebeau,

I enjoyed your well thought-out posts, but the fact is the FLE doesn't need defended. It is new and fun and hasn't even really gotten started, yet some people will criticize and complain, ironically they are often the same people complaining nothing the parks are stagnating.

Certain people have definite opinions on what the parks should be, and how they should run, and who they should cater to, and anything that doesn't fit that precise box is wrong--and further proof that the WDW system is going down the tubes.

The sad part is no amount of reason or facts will ever changes the nay-sayers minds.

When FLE opens I will check it out and have some opinions, and while I will like some things and be equivocal on others, I'll realize not everything is there to please me and will be happy if someone is getting enjoyment from it.

I already know I am sad to see Pooh's Playful Spot go, even though I have no little kids and never go there myself, I just liked it, but I'm not going to bemoan it's loss as the end of all that is good and Disney. I'll move on and enjoy the excitement of seeing new things.

_Scar

beating_a_dead_horse1.gif

Yes only with VOTLM however.

Lucky

Criticism #2: The Fantasyland Expansion is just for kids

So, basically, we’re losing some play areas and barely themed meet and greets and in exchange we get: 1) A major dark ride described as being on the same scale as the Haunted Mansion. 2) Additional (and much needed) table service and counter service dining also said to be highly themed. 3) Highly themed meet and greets some of which will include new effects all of which will include some kind of activity to distract from the wait time. 4) A new Dumbo themed area with a Next Gen queue and double capacity for a park favorite with perpetually long lines. 5) Increased capacity for a park that needs it. 6) New themed environments to explore. 7) Possibly an additional attraction in Pixie Hollow.

If you separate all of your other issues with the MK as a whole and your own expectations of what you would have built instead, I don’t see how any reasonable person can look at the FLE and think it is not an improvement over what was there before.
I agree with pretty much everything you said.

Even if MK tilts a little toward families with young kids, I don't think it's valid to look at one park in isolation. WDW overall has a nice balance. Families with young kids can spend more of their time at MK, and other guests can spend a little more time at Epcot or DHS. That's the great things about having a "World" of 4 parks (plus the water parks and DTD).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom