In Defense of FLE

The Empress Lilly

I wish they'd keep all the parks alcohol-free. At least the MK.

Alcohol, like tour groups, creates its own atmosphere. One that clashes with a carefree experience of the park for many others. They are having fun, all the other people around them are not.

katarn112

I understand why Disney's doing what they're doing, but I am still disappointed. Over the years we've had a steady flow of new attractions; Soarin', Mission Space, Expedition Everest, Toy Story Mania, etc. Then suddenly Disney announces this massive expansion that is going to take years to complete, and it instantly dawned on me that this steady flow of attractions is coming to a halt to build this... this monstrosity of an update that only targets one group, a very specific group at that.

Rides like Soarin' and TSM are rides that the whole family can enjoy, from a little girl to an old man, age or gender does not matter. I just want more rides like this. That's all. Something that everyone can enjoy.

DisneyNut2007

I understand why Disney's doing what they're doing, but I am still disappointed. Over the years we've had a steady flow of new attractions; Soarin', Mission Space, Expedition Everest, Toy Story Mania, etc. Then suddenly Disney announces this massive expansion that is going to take years to complete, and it instantly dawned on me that this steady flow of attractions is coming to a halt to build this... this monstrosity of an update that only targets one group, a very specific group at that.

Rides like Soarin' and TSM are rides that the whole family can enjoy, from a little girl to an old man, age or gender does not matter. I just want more rides like this. That's all. Something that everyone can enjoy.

Oh no! Not another newbie who shares the same faulty logic as almost everyone else in this joint! :mad:

jt04

This is innaccurate. ST2 is on the way and most of our insiders agree that new announcements are pending. If they used your logic we wouldn't have any of the rides that have a height requirement such as Everest and many many others. So let go of your selfishness. Everything can't be about you. :rolleyes:

katarn112

This is innaccurate. ST2 is on the way and most of our insiders agree that new announcements are pending. If they used your logic we wouldn't have any of the rides that have a height requirement such as Everest and many many others. So let go of your selfishness. Everything can't be about you. :rolleyes:

Rides like TSM and Soarin are rides the whole family can enjoy, and the FLE is targeting specifically at young girls. So tell me, how am I being selfish?

And your "insiders" may be saying things, but I won't take any information seriously unless it comes directly from Disney.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Rides like TSM and Soarin are rides the whole family can enjoy, and the FLE is targeting specifically at young girls. So tell me, how am I being selfish?

And your "insiders" may be saying things, but I won't take any information seriously unless it comes directly from Disney.

The FLE is indeed targeting a certain demographic, because that demographic (and the franchises they are interested in) is worth billions to Disney. But the FLE isn't taking anything away from the rest of the park either, which has plenty still to offer (to say nothing of the other three parks, water parks, etc.). If you still can't stomach the idea of the the direction the FLE is taking look at it this way: the capacity it offers will free up the other rides for you to enjoy.

And while neither Jt nor myself can wear the mantle of "Insider" there are plenty of individuals on this site that can. And their information is more than good enough for me. Which is why so many others use it freely on their own sites.....

DisneyParksFan1

Lol! You do know half of what Disney announces is half innacurate or being cut right? Lol, perfect example; FLE.

Captain Chaos

Lol! You do know half of what Disney announces is half innacurate or being cut right? Lol, perfect example; FLE.

Well, supposedly the only thing being cut is Pixie Hollow, and i venture to say that was always on the cusp of something to be cut...

Unless you heard or read something else and had it confirmed, not just some internet wishlist or rumor?

DisneyParksFan1

Well, supposedly the only thing being cut is Pixie Hollow, and i venture to say that was always on the cusp of something to be cut...

Unless you heard or read something else and had it confirmed, not just some internet wishlist or rumor?

You've got a point.

Since the PH M&G is still a go, I'm thinking it will be VERY much like DL's, but I wonder if they will decide to keep the interactive, holographic Tink..?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom