Imagineers set to demo part of WOL pavilion

ExtinctJenn

So to get back on the topic... anyone seen anything obvious happening yet? I'd assume it's waiting until after the F&WF but just curious.

RedFurredCadet

Explain this a little more, if you don't mind. Who is MET, and what is happening with layoffs?
Just so you know, MET = Miniaturization Exploration Technologies, the fictional research entity as mentioned in Body Wars. The 'layoffs' reference is toungue-in-cheek tragic now that Body Wars is closed. *le sigh*

FabulousFigment

Original Poster
I do not disagree with those that say it was getting old and needs to be torn down.. just put something else in its place! The could still do something health related. They could have a bones/muscle area, they could have a respiratory/nervous system area. Plus, there are so many amazing things with modern medicine. They could show how robots operate on people.

They could also go a totally different direction. Weather pav sounds awesome!! Imagine a place for kids to pretend they are a weather person. They could show how meteorologists forecast the weather.. possibilities are really endless. Just about anything would be better than what it is now!

EOD K9

If I recall, MET was the fictional company of Body Wars. Also, I was in the WoL Pavillion last week for F&W and I must say, they turned the Festival Center into a great place. It doesn't look run down at all. Brought back a few memories from the old days though. It was kind of weird seeing the queue and archways for where Body Wars used to be.

blm07

HP is doing bad because of all the stupid things they do with printers! The drivers suck and are too big and printer wires are too expensive! While the printers are priced fair enough, the wires and ink are too expensive, people are going to go elsewhere.

misterID

This actually raises an interesting point.

HP and Disney formed a 10-year "strategic alliance" in October 2003, when Carly Fiorina was the CEO. Fast forward to 2012, where HP is still a sinking ship, now being managed by Meg Whitman.

Last month, HP announced yet another layoff, involving 29,000 employees. The company is doing very poorly, having lost over one-third of its value since Whitman took over, and not likely to recover for another 3 years according to Whitman's recent statement on HP's future outlook.

So... anyone wanna bet that HP's sponsorship is not going to be renewed?

Does that open the door for Apple to find a good home in EPCOT?

That's a good question. Let's start a countdown for when HP's sponsorship ends. If not Apple, there's another company in this picture that would be a great sponsor:

sanfrancisco_hero.jpg

Virgin

You know, I can't think of a better sponsor for that New Horizons ride rumor... That was spontaneously made up a page ago. ;)

Richard Branson - All about Space(travel), the future of technology, and he's even involved in underwater living. Just saying...

RedFurredCadet

So I recently heard that the Body Wars simulators, after being salvaged for parts, have had their empty sim shells removed. Someone had live tweeted it an evening ago as part of the demolition effort. Any confirmation on the matter?

pipenut

Just got back from a trip to WDW and specifically went to WOL for a nostalgic visit while it was open for F&W. While I was wondering around the section previonsly known as FOM, I got into a discussion with one of the senior cast members about the demolition going on and she pretty much affirmed what raven said. The gutting of the exterior buildings containing BW and CC are already well underway.

Being a big CC fan, I wanted to take my last opportunity and see if I could snag any pics of the theater before it was completely gone, but it was too late. The open queue that used to be curtained off as a food prep area for F&W is completely walled off and the prep area took over the CC theatre exit. :(

As far as I can tell, there won't be any more new pictures of Buzzy until we see him (or parts of him) on eBay.

EOD K9

If Apple comes to Epcot, you all know there will be a chunk of SSE missing right? Can anyone photoshop that and post?

RedFurredCadet

Just got back from a trip to WDW and specifically went to WOL for a nostalgic visit while it was open for F&W. While I was wondering around the section previonsly known as FOM, I got into a discussion with one of the senior cast members about the demolition going on and she pretty much affirmed what raven said. The gutting of the exterior buildings containing BW and CC are already well underway.

Being a big CC fan, I wanted to take my last opportunity and see if I could snag any pics of the theater before it was completely gone, but it was too late. The open queue that used to be curtained off as a food prep area for F&W is completely walled off and the prep area took over the CC theatre exit. :(

As far as I can tell, there won't be any more new pictures of Buzzy until we see him (or parts of him) on eBay.

Sucks to be Buzzy, I hope someone restores him and gives him a new home. He could be Disney Archive material. Sad to see him buried in his grave after five years of being 'starved' between festivals. #boohoo

StageFrenzy

That's a good question. Let's start a countdown for when HP's sponsorship ends. If not Apple, there's another company in this picture that would be a great sponsor:

Virgin

You know, I can't think of a better sponsor for that New Horizons ride rumor... That was spontaneously made up a page ago. ;)

Richard Branson - All about Space(travel), the future of technology, and he's even involved in underwater living. Just saying...

They also have an airline, and that buzz targeting ride is looking kinda dated in Tomorrowland. I wonder if they could a ride about flight in there?

Nah it'd never work.

misterID

You know, if I put my Horizon's fanboi hat on, I would say it could be a cool combination of Horizon's, Delta Dreamflight with some of the Space Pavillion ideas that never happened. There's so much that could be done to help FW it's insane.

I always thought it would be cool to put Space Mountain 2 (Mission: MARS??) in EPCOT and you'd have 2 SM's in Disney parks. Tear down M:S - add a Horizon's inspired dark ride and Space Mountain 2. Do that and you wouldn't even have to worry about the empty WOL building or the outdated UOE for years.

LorangeJuice

RedFurredCadet

Shucks, heard the sad news that Buzzy got evicted from the CC theater. :( Plus side is, he could be restored and archived in a better home, after five years of lazy eye and work deprivation. I wonder if his spirit lingers on somehow.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom