Imagineers set to demo part of WOL pavilion

jdmdisney99

I actually disagree with this statement. I say get your hopes up. Something tells me announcements (plural) are planned for EC this year! Between this, Imagination, Soaring, the Mystery 2015 Project, and UoE in need for an update it's a safe bet at least something is planned.
I bet something has been planned...but I doubt anything will be financed and/or announced.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I actually disagree with this statement. I say get your hopes up. Something tells me announcements (plural) are planned for EC this year! Between this, Imagination, Soaring, the Mystery 2015 Project, and UoE in need for an update it's a safe bet at least something is planned.
Remember this in 11 months.

I'd expect more rumblings about Soarin' for what its worth, and possibly RoE tech upgrades.

ExtinctJenn

But alas, according to new photos surfacing, some of the props are already receiving the red stickers, sealing the props fate into the archives. I have a feeling that after the mending, our captain'll have a bright red sticker on the back of his neck, or eventually his... seat?
If I had to guess, it's easier to fix them up while they are still in their current home before shipping them off to the archives (which would explain why it seems he was fixed up).

Unfortunately everything I've heard tends to agree with @Master Yoda in that WOL has a future as being just what it is today, the world's largest paper weight.

PeterAlt

Remember this in 11 months.

I'd expect more rumblings about Soarin' for what its worth, and possibly RoE tech upgrades.
Yeah, me too. I said "this year". So, anything coming in 2015 has to be announced within the next 11 months. I would hope (and suspect) but won't bet on it that several Future World projects are announced in a single press event, but that's just my wishful thinking, but it could happen...

PeterAlt

Cynicism is negativity in spite of evidence to the contrary.

Realism is calling a spade a spade.

Disney has done nothing but gut WoL since is closed in 2007. When they do something more than tear down, my opinion will change.
WOL is the last on my list of expected Future World attractions. I would expect Soaring and Imagination first, before I would expect anything there.

I've said it before, I think the WoL space would make for a great computer pavilion with SDL's Tron ride. Such a ride would fit perfectly on that side of the park, next to Space and TT 2.0!

Immediate announcements for that space could be expansion of convention facilities there.

PeterAlt

They had that. Two of them. Called Communicore.

No need anymore. They're so 1982.
It gives a good excuse for the Tron ride. All parks except EC have indoor rollercoasters. Here, is a good reason as a theme to put one in EC.

EDIT - in other words, a computer pavilion isn't needed, but it is most likely to find a sponsor in today's economy AND we need it as an excuse to add a very cool indoor roller coaster called Tron!

jdmdisney99

Everything changes. Even TDO will change eventually. My optimism is reserves hopefully for the not-so-distant future. I have less hope for the immediate future.
I have hopes as well. Woah...I just realized that Disney is like the Star Wars saga. Iger=Vader. Eisner=Palpatine. Staggs=Starkiller/Galen Marek. Lasseter=Yoda. Katzenberg=Obi-Wan. But we still need Luke, Han, and Leia. I volunteer.

jdmdisney99

They had that. Two of them. Called Communicore.

No need anymore. They're so 1982.
I'm with PeterAlt a little here. I know most people have no idea how their digital devices or Internet works. Don't you think a Tron-styled digital family coaster would do well explaining this in a fun-jucational way? You could tell guests they are carrying an important e-mail over a network. Then during their transfer, they encounter a hacker who steals the e-mail and you have to go after it. Something like that would work in my eyes.

PeterAlt

By the way, somehow I completely missed all the LS Nemo updates. I didn't know they completely redid and expanded the interior ride and show elements! I just learned about that the other day on YouTube! What was I doing in 2007 for this news to completely miss me?

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom