Imagineers set to demo part of WOL pavilion

Toonfan1

The Wonders of life pavillion could be replaced by the rumored return of horzions and the moveing of carosuel of process to create The Process City Pavillion.

RedFurredCadet

Is it me or has this thread gone to the twilight zone?
I hope it didn't.

Still, before going back on topic, there is a study currently going underway as accessible here thriugh the portal http://wol4eva-survey.blogspot.com.au/p/languages-page.html (of course, choose English)
The results were compiled (even the Armchair Imagineer ones) and if that doesn't surprise you, what would?

(And now we return to our scheduled programming...)

prberk

It still blows my mind that Apple doesn't sponsor a pavilion. And if not Apple (which would be obvious given the corporate ties), then Microsoft or Google.

If they did something spectacular enough, the publicity would be enormous.
You know, I never thought of that. EPCOT would be a great "platform" for Apple to show off technology and fun at the same time. They should sponsor something and make a whole new attraction... even if the exit dumps you into a "futuristic" Apple store.

michmousefan

You know, I never thought of that. EPCOT would be a great "platform" for Apple to show off technology and fun at the same time. They should sponsor something and make a whole new attraction... even if the exit dumps you into a "futuristic" Apple store.

Plus, if in addition to the inevitable Disney spin on a traditional Apple Store, it could be very cool if there was a space where Apple displayed (preferably hands-on) prototypes and "works in progress" of new products... sort of an Apple "idea lab." But given the hype and secrecy surrounding new product introductions, maybe it would be enough just to have the new models on display at Epcot for the 2 weeks or so following their introduction. If the only place for a Apple fan to be able to pick up and play with an iPhone5 was in Epcot... even if it was a small window, that would at least make Imagination significantly more buzz-worthy than it is right now.

muteki

Plus, if in addition to the inevitable Disney spin on a traditional Apple Store, it could be very cool if there was a space where Apple displayed (preferably hands-on) prototypes and "works in progress" of new products... sort of an Apple "idea lab." But given the hype and secrecy surrounding new product introductions, maybe it would be enough just to have the new models on display at Epcot for the 2 weeks or so following their introduction. If the only place for a Apple fan to be able to pick up and play with an iPhone5 was in Epcot... even if it was a small window, that would at least make Imagination significantly more buzz-worthy than it is right now.

I'd like to see Apple in Epcot, I think it would be a good fit. I wouldn't expect to see "works in progress" there though. They are too secretive to preview things to the public before launch, and I'd argue at this point they have little need to do so.

Still though, your average applestore has more in common now with communicore/innoventions than what is in there now IMO.

twinnstar

Im sorry...but.....are you proposing a FUTURISTIC showcase in FUTURE WORLD?!?! What do you think this is, 1990 or somethin'?!!

;)

Texas84

The festivals survived for many years without having things in the WoL pavilion. I'm sure they'd survive if they had to go back to wherever those events had been before. (Odyssey mostly, if I recall)

-Rob
Yep, Odyssey was used for F&G once upon a time. Probably not big enough now.

BlueSkyDriveBy

Until the HP sponsorship of Mission: Space ends, I highly doubt you'd see an Apple sponsorship in Epcot.
This actually raises an interesting point.

HP and Disney formed a 10-year "strategic alliance" in October 2003, when Carly Fiorina was the CEO. Fast forward to 2012, where HP is still a sinking ship, now being managed by Meg Whitman.

Last month, HP announced yet another layoff, involving 29,000 employees. The company is doing very poorly, having lost over one-third of its value since Whitman took over, and not likely to recover for another 3 years according to Whitman's recent statement on HP's future outlook.

So... anyone wanna bet that HP's sponsorship is not going to be renewed?

Does that open the door for Apple to find a good home in EPCOT?

BlueSkyDriveBy

If Apple were to sponsor something at Epcot, they would probably mandate that it look exactly like this....no deviations or they sue WDW:

sanfrancisco_hero.jpg

Ironically enough, just a few doors to the right of the Apple Store entrance, out of frame, is a Disney Store. They closed the much larger one at Union Square and took over this space about two years ago.

Mrs.Toad

I always wondered about new sponsors and always wondered about Apple or other billion dollars corporations and sponsorship. Especially in tech/media because FW needs help.

Would they do it though? Will Disney start in with budget and trying to wrangle creative control and turn them off though?

This would be wonderful if it could work out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom