Imagineers set to demo part of WOL pavilion

It was not all that popular toward the end either. I was there during the last Christmas season it was open and it was a ghost town. About the only people there were other Worldphiles like myself trying to get in one last ride on Body Wars or getting one last birds and the bees talk from Martin Short.

I was in there around that time period too. I don't think anyone knew it was open! As much as I hate to say it, I think it was time for the attractions to close. I just wish we got a good replacement!

NiarrNDisney

So they are probably going to gut the place and its other buildings (Body Wars) for a future project and then they are going to clean up the upstairs area of Imagination to become Epcots "events center". Ehh!:rolleyes:

ExtinctJenn

Keep an eye out folks, Buzzy will probably be coming to Mouse Surplus in the near future, or at least parts of him!
I'd bet he's going into the Archives as most of the remaining stuff upstairs at Imagination did. Slowly but surely Disney is realizing there is a massive amount of people who will pay entry to get into exhibits that have these old pieces of attractions (vs. tossing them into dumpsters). When they first added the Horizons robot and the original Figment to One Man's Dream it got a lot of attention. They almost 'get it' now I think. LOL!

janoimagine

Why is that? Apple's corporate and advertising philosophy does not indicate that they are shrinking violets.
Nor do their stock prices. You watch, with Thursdays announcement looming, I would bet it hits $700 or more a share. But ... I do believe apple is only one bad launch away from taking a major hit. However considering Job's had the idea for the iPad in the early 80's ... I am sure they are safe for several years to come.

FettFan

What is this I keep hearing about a Weather themed pavilion? Just a rumor, or did WDI actually consider building it?

And wouldn't it be better suited for The Land?

JimboJones123

Nor do their stock prices. You watch, with Thursdays announcement looming, I would bet it hits $700 or more a share. But ... I do believe apple is only one bad launch away from taking a major hit. However considering Job's had the idea for the iPad in the early 80's ... I am sure they are safe for several years to come.

One 12 month this week went from $700 to $900.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
What is this I keep hearing about a Weather themed pavilion? Just a rumor, or did WDI actually consider building it?

And wouldn't it be better suited for The Land?
Something I was privy to about 3-4 years back. One proposal to retheme the building and open it to all guests again (the shock)

El Grupo

I suspect we've all had a vision for how that pavilion could be used. Mine was to relocate CoP to the site as a lead-in to a new Horizons attraction.

Oh well, I can still dream.

RedFurredCadet

99% chance he's heading to the archives, It's a Signature Piece.

(They've got to show him off at whatever West Coast "Archives/D23" event they can, after all.)

Definitely better than in pieces.

Though if anyone believes in spirits and apparitions, especially of characters from attractions long gone, I wonder how the ectoplasmic protest might sound like if the demolition goes ahead...

flavious27

yup.. Body Wars has been dormant since Star Tours 2.0 was completed.. The sims have been gutted and the remaining theming is gone.. The show buildings will be converted into theater and convention space..

A lot of people clamor for WOL to be used .. but they fail to realize, the building is used a *LOT*.. way more than Odyssey, that's for sure.. It's the 'center' for all festivals at Epcot.. while I mourn the loss of attractions, at least the space IS used..

but the way I look at it , we are still -4 or 5 on attractions in future world

The WOL building is getting use out of it, but I think part of that is also because there isn't that many large, enclosed areas at EPCOT that is not used on a daily basis.

jdmdisney99

What I think they should do...
ec1.JPG

More at http://kabootlestudios.webs.com/blog.htm

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom