Imagineers set to demo part of WOL pavilion

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Yes the reason was they had no sponser
It was not all that popular toward the end either. I was there during the last Christmas season it was open and it was a ghost town. About the only people there were other Worldphiles like myself trying to get in one last ride on Body Wars or getting one last birds and the bees talk from Martin Short.

quirkle

I get so annoyed by the sponsorship bit - Disney has so many properties that they are doing nothing with yet FW is not what it used to be. I just feel that there is almost a part of people's thoughts that EPCOT needs to be unDisneyfied?? We pay a lot of money to go to a park and I don't want to see sponsor ads - I want to be entertained. If I want to see products I will go to Stop and Shop.:mad:

The MaD Hatter

I would not get my hopes up too much. About the most I could see them doing is gutting Body Wars or Cranium Command for use for special events.

My prediction exactly! We already knew there was no chance WOL would ever be re-opened. There's also little to no chance of a new pavilion taking its place any time soon. TDO probably assumes TT 2.0 will satisfy guests for the next several years and so many other things in Epcot need fixed before they start adding new pavilions.

bdearl41

If demolition is a possibility, what if Disney is clearing the space for a new sponsor/attratction that has a completely different theme. Are they just demolishing some of the space of all of it?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
If demolition is a possibility, what if Disney is clearing the space for a new sponsor/attratction that has a completely different theme. Are they just demolishing some of the space of all of it?

The permit says "Selective Demolition" so it's not the whole thing.

ExtinctJenn

Honestly it's probably a good idea to be gutting what's left of Body Wars and Cranium Command, even if they have no plans to use the space for anything yet... simply because of the amount of people who keep finding ways to sneak back in there and get video/photos. From Disney's point of view, that's a dangerous situation and they know if they gut it the problem will go away. Of course then we'll have at least a few who sneak back to take pictures of the demolition and pictures of the then gutted rooms. LOL!

ExtinctJenn

It still blows my mind that Apple doesn't sponsor a pavilion. And if not Apple (which would be obvious given the corporate ties), then Microsoft or Google.

If they did something spectacular enough, the publicity would be enormous.
I have often wondered this as well simply because of Apple's association with Pixar. Before Pixar was a Disney affliliated company sure but now you'd think Apple would be all over the chance!

SirLink

I get so annoyed by the sponsorship bit - Disney has so many properties that they are doing nothing with yet FW is not what it used to be. I just feel that there is almost a part of people's thoughts that EPCOT needs to be unDisneyfied?? We pay a lot of money to go to a park and I don't want to see sponsor ads - I want to be entertained. If I want to see products I will go to Stop and Shop.:mad:

Actually I would rather see sponsor ads all over the place if it meant I could get the quality of TDLR.

Rob562

It still blows my mind that Apple doesn't sponsor a pavilion. And if not Apple (which would be obvious given the corporate ties), then Microsoft or Google.

If they did something spectacular enough, the publicity would be enormous.

Until the HP sponsorship of Mission: Space ends, I highly doubt you'd see an Apple sponsorship in Epcot.

-Rob

StageFrenzy

Until the HP sponsorship of Mission: Space ends, I highly doubt you'd see an Apple sponsorship in Epcot.

-Rob

You got me so wild,
How can I ever deny,
You got me so high,
So high I cannot feel the fire.
And you keep telling me,
Telling me that you'll be sweet,
And you'll never want to leave my side,
As long as I don't break these...
Promises,
and they still feel all so wasted on myself
*Insert massive dub drop*

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
I have often wondered this as well simply because of Apple's association with Pixar. Before Pixar was a Disney affliliated company sure but now you'd think Apple would be all over the chance!

I do not feel like walking through a bland, cold, sterile shop pushing overpriced tech in shiny wrappers when leaving a ride. I am thrilled crApple does not sponsor anything.

Bob

Bo0bi3$
Premium Member
I do not feel like walking through a bland, cold, sterile shop pushing overpriced tech in shiny wrappers when leaving a ride. I am thrilled crApple does not sponsor anything.

If Apple were to sponsor something at Epcot, they would probably mandate that it look exactly like this....no deviations or they sue WDW:

sanfrancisco_hero.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom