Imagination! Being Replaced w. Dr. Doof?

SoupBone

People we are talking about the imagination pavilion here. My wife has been to Epcot three times and didn't even know it existed. P&F makes this a headliner for my family. And don't talk about P&F's staying power because only the people on this forum even know who figment is.

Again, you're missing the bigger point here. The reason that this is happening is due to the neglect by WDI, because why would they promote a 30 year old 3D movie, and a Figment vomit ride based upon really ancient ride designs? Figment is a character that brings out the fun, creative, and yes imaginative side of adults and kids alike. He is really the heart of the Disney company, and is really one of its truest mascots. The reason he is dying is because WDI isn't doing anything to bring him back to life, and probably don't care to. It's akin to knowing your car needs a complete overhaul, having access to the parts to bring it back to its original luster, but instead you just choose to drive it until the wheels fall off and you're careening off a cliff.

ExtinctJenn

just because P&F is relevant now doesn't give it a foothold in future relevancy, it's a fad it'll fade away just like every other Disney Channel cartoon has. look at Kim Possible, it was represented in Epcot and it still faded from relevancy. changing Imagination just because P&F is the latest trend on Disney Channel won't help it last for a long time, in fact it will doom it for a longer time. will it help it for a time being? of course, like i said P&F is still the latest fad. but it will go away in the future and then what will imagination have? nothing, except maybe people getting on because their feet are sore. you can't guarantee the ride won't just become irrelevant again in the future.
Right and that's why they didn't add Stitch to everyth... oh wait.

Right and that's why they ditched the idea to create a Kim Possible advent... oh wait.

Right and that's why the plans to add Ellen and Bill Nye to UOE were cancell... oh wait.

:D

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
And so do I. P & F is a great show. And Doof is a wonderful, poignant "villain". But I do NOT want P & F to take over Imagination. I want Figment AND the Dreamfinder back. They're not just great characters, but they're the original characters for the ride!!!!

Agreed all around.

disneyeater

I really don't care if the attraction is P&F themed, Figment themed, or Figment and Dreamfinder themed. Just make a great attraction and people will enjoy it, no matter what the character is. I hate when people get hung up on the movie or character overlays. They mean nothing compared to how enjoyable the attraction is.

(trying to resist using the over-used Splash Mountain example)

Figment was WDW to me when I was a kid and my kids like him as well. That said, I would get rid of him for a great attraction vs. keeping him and a terrible attraction. So bring on a great attraction and if you can keep figment, all the better.

J03Y

Right and that's why they didn't add Stitch to everyth... oh wait.

Right and that's why they ditched the idea to create a Kim Possible advent... oh wait.

Right and that's why the plans to add Ellen and Bill Nye to UOE were cancell... oh wait.

:D

Stitch is still a relevant Disney character, i can't count the many children i've met that love Stitch the most it's too many

as i said, Kim Possible was scrapped because it faded from relevancy and they had to replace it with something that could've been used for the same concept, hence Agent P replaced it

Ellen and Bill Nye are a lot more predominant figures in pop culture than you realize, Ellen has her own talk show for crying out loud (probably the main reason why it's still there, on top of the fact that Ellen did voice another incredibly popular Disney character)

happykid25

I'm tired of Doofenshmirtz. I like P&F and think its a great show. However, after the past two trips with Agent P in world showcase, I can say, he just irritates me. He has plenty of visablity in Epcot, actually too much, when you consider there are 7 adventures where he is the villian you are going after in each one. Even my 7 year old son (who would be the target audience!) say's that he enjoyed Kim Possible better then the Agent P version. Why? There were different villians! He was tired of all the --inators.

As far as the imagination pavilion... I'd prefer if it not be P&F (tv show and already covered in the park). At this point, if they could redo Wonders of Life and make it into a great pavilion (health based or something else) and move convention stuff to imagination, that would be okay in my book too. Redo one of them and make them an attraction, you know something that people want to go to.

Edit to Add: Kim Possible didn't need to be irrelevent anymore, had the Disney Channel actually allowed the opportunity for kids to watch it. Play one episode a day instead of 4 episdoes of Jesse in a row.... or 3 episodes of Shake it Up (today's schedule)! Play it at 4 in the morning if you need to so parents can DVR it. Play it somewhere, and maybe people would watch it. (Pet peeve of mine as after playing Kim Possible at Epcot, came home to find the show for my son and it was no where to be found on tv.)

Alien

Clearly based on the reaction here, he's not as irrelevant as you think. My 20+ year old brothers still remember the original ride and while they don't care too much for Disney as a whole anymore, they still love that ride and Figment. You are 15 I see...And therefore never experienced the original ride. You have no idea what you are talking about.
True i have no real expirence with the original attraction but videos, pics and research have giving me all the info I need
Look around the park ..... Where is figment now?

iheartdisney91

so..... does has this Phineas and Ferb idea been fluctuating from this to them taking over "Voyage of the little mermaid"?

i know it's all rumor. but 2 new things of phineas and ferb taking over park classics is NOT ok with me.
love the show, just find it's own place in the parks.

Timekeeper

wewillneverforgive.JPG

Alien

so..... does has this Phineas and Ferb idea been fluctuating from this to them taking over "Voyage of the little mermaid"?

i know it's all rumor. but 2 new things of phineas and ferb taking over park classics is NOT ok with me.
well Disney has been trying that, with the virtual experience at west side and the agent p adventure at world showcase

id like to c the virtual experience go over to Disney quest, to help freshen things up there

Tigger1988

Stitch is still a relevant Disney character, i can't count the many children i've met that love Stitch the most it's too many

as i said, Kim Possible was scrapped because it faded from relevancy and they had to replace it with something that could've been used for the same concept, hence Agent P replaced it

Ellen and Bill Nye are a lot more predominant figures in pop culture than you realize, Ellen has her own talk show for crying out loud (probably the main reason why it's still there, on top of the fact that Ellen did voice another incredibly popular Disney character)
Right. Ellen is more relevant and popular now than she was when she was added into the attraction.

aladdin2007

Good point, whats the latest on that rumor of P&F replacing the mermaid show? That would be more fitting than taking over an epcot entire pavilion and not have staying power like, cough american idol.
Imagination is their chance to do a great trackless ride system, but oh no TDO would never go that route, mustnt do anything too grand!!!.... They learned their lesson the hard way before after killing off Figment, surely they wont make that repeat mistake again in full.

FigmentJedi

Eh, that's more of a sentiment I'd reserve for the second version. Third version is mediocre but it's not like (to paraphrase JonTron's Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts video) you get in the ride vehicle and are greeted by Imagination City Simulator and Walt Disney's Ghost pops out and says "Eh, who friggin likes the old dark rides anyway. BRB making Enchanted Tiki Room Modern Warfare". That's what JIYI was.

Alien

the voyage of the little mermaid has been beaten to death at this point, and its not as great as it used to be, I see p+f as a show (taking place of VoLM) better than re working imagination around them

SoupBone

Oh dear! Is Disney missing the boat again? What are these people thinking!?:eek:

I would surmise that they are thinking how much easier it is to let an entire pavilion fade off into obscurity so that the average Disney theme park attendee will soon have no idea what it is, where it is, or even who the Dreamfinder or Figment actually are. Once this is accomplished, they turn it into a banquet area with neutral, boring colors/theming. Oh wait, that's been done already.

Genie of the Lamp

Speaking of Imagination, any updates yet as to any sponsers in the running for this attraction now that kodak's out? I saw a while back that Apple and Crayola were possible suitors interested. I'd personally go with crayola as they would be a great sponser.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom