Imagination! Being Replaced w. Dr. Doof?

ThemeParks4Life

Haven't read the thread. No time. And Modern Family is coming on.

But NOTHING is happening with Imagination. NOTHING. You can all move on.

Ok, good, I guess? Anyways, time to abandon thread.

Rapture%20The%20Ultimate%20Abandon%20Thread%20There%20is%20potential%20in%20all_5a4ecb_2137178.jpg

bcampione

Original Poster
Haven't read the thread. No time. And Modern Family is coming on.

But NOTHING is happening with Imagination. NOTHING. You can all move on.

Than what's with all the execs walking around the building, the building looking for BVVC permits and the such? Playing devils' advocate here.

PS- I did connect with my ambassador and he is certain that it was he heard. However, I personally think it's just one of many ideas the team at WDWI has to revamp the worn-out attraction.

msteel

Than what's with all the execs walking around the building, the building looking for BVVC permits and the such? Playing devils' advocate here.

PS- I did connect with my ambassador and he is certain that it was he heard. However, I personally think it's just one of many ideas the team at WDWI has to revamp the worn-out attraction.

Considering that '74 recently said

An EPCOT project appears to be inching forward shockingly.

and

It is indeed an attraction (perhaps two).

and when asked for details,

Oh, just use your imagination ... you'll come up with something.

So, I see some possibilities here in what he is saying:
1) "Nothing" is happening on the project anymore in that it is no longer even inching forward
2) The plans in question call for making the current Imagination pavilion into "nothing" before building something else there
3) The content of the said attraction(s) will have "nothing" to do with the idea of imagination anymore
4) The said attraction(s) have "nothing" going for them in the way of imaginative thinking
5) I totally missed what he meant by "NOTHING" but I'm pretty sure "NOTHING" meant something.

Stu bailey

I don't believe Epcot was meant or does well with "franchises" et al attached to rides/attractions. That said the building is in bad shape by any standards and needs a good rebuild at some point soon.

Tom Morrow

Considering that '74 recently said

and

and when asked for details,

So, I see some possibilities here in what he is saying:
1) "Nothing" is happening on the project anymore in that it is no longer even inching forward
2) The plans in question call for making the current Imagination pavilion into "nothing" before building something else there
3) The content of the said attraction(s) will have "nothing" to do with the idea of imagination anymore
4) The said attraction(s) have "nothing" going for them in the way of imaginative thinking
5) I totally missed what he meant by "NOTHING" but I'm pretty sure "NOTHING" meant something.
He's not really the type of poster to be all cryptic. I don't think there's any hidden meaning.

HDS

And don't talk about P&F's staying power because only the people on this forum even know who figment is.
Well then rip out Guss and all the other ghost from HM, phh know body knows outside this forum who they are, replace them with a bunch of XD cartoons! (sarcasm)

What kinda retarded post was that? We're talking park related icons..why don't you people get this? The only place you can see them is....AT THE PARK! Duh! You want Afternoon cartoon crap, go to Sixsflags.

bubbles1812

Captain EO has lasted all of these years......sure it left for some time but its back and it seems pretty popular....my wife and I love it. By the time they put in a P&F movie, they will be old news and forgotten and something new will have caught the eyes of children.
People actually like captain EO?? Sorry. Not knocking you. But we went to Epcot last night and my mom and I just found it so so lame. Maybe it's just that I'm younger than the era (born 1988) but I really didnt think the show lent itself to that theater that well. They should have kept honey I shrunk the audience.

ExtinctJenn

People actually like captain EO?? Sorry. Not knocking you. But we went to Epcot last night and my mom and I just found it so so lame. Maybe it's just that I'm younger than than era (born 1988) but I really didnt think the show lent itself I that theater that well. They should have kept honey k shrunk the audience.
Captain EO has this odd generational thing going on. I love it but I'm sure I love it because I remember when it opened at EPCOT Center (the first time in other words). My son loves it... he's only 6. It seems like folks in between by about 10 years in either direction hate it though and think it's "lame" like you said. My step-son and his fiance (both 20) didn't "get it" at all.

aladdin2007

To clarify, it did look like something was in the works for Imagination, but that was contingent on getting a sponsor. The deal fell through and that means NOTHING is happening there ... no hidden meanings or anything ... just it will continue to rot in its awful 1990s incarnation for the foreseeable future.

sad. maybe another company will come along. someday.

ExtinctJenn

Or Disney could show some initiative and pay for it.
True, and or lower the insane sponsorship prices/fees.
While I "get" what is being said here I just want to say it's not an "initiative" thing on Disney's part. It's good business sense to bring in a sponsor to help cover costs and a win-win situation for both Disney and said sponsor. It's not like it's anything new either. Since the first days of Disneyland they've had sponsorship in the parks. It's one of the few things that has "always" worked so I don't see it changing. :)

Bolna

People actually like captain EO?? Sorry. Not knocking you. But we went to Epcot last night and my mom and I just found it so so lame. Maybe it's just that I'm younger than than era (born 1988) but I really didnt think the show lent itself I that theater that well. They should have kept honey k shrunk the audience.

When my sister and I were at Disneyland in 1992 (our first ever Disney visit) she loved Captain EO. In two days we saw it multiple times. When we saw it again at DLP in 2011 she was a bit embarrassed that this used to be her favourite attraction, but still enjoyed it a lot despite her best friend who was travelling with her making fun of her for it. :)

I truly think it is something that can only be appreciated with the knowledge of the era it came from. It was such a big thing. People here in Germany had no real knowledge about Disneyland, but they all knew that this is the only place where you can see the awesome Michael Jackson film.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom