Imagination! Being Replaced w. Dr. Doof?

RunnerEd

I don't remember when exactly but it was in the first season of F & P that I looked at my wife and said that this show would a great overlay for the crap-tastic Imagination Pavilion that we have now. As much as I liked Figment, Dreamfinder is dead to 99% of the people who walk through the gates and Figment is on life support. The last 3 times we've been on the Imagination "attraction" (term used very loosely), the cast working the "attraction" seemed surprised to see us. It's horrible as it is and P&F would bring new life. If they made it something like TSMM or Star Tours 2.0 where every ride were different (not the tech, the concept), P&F's Imagination Pavilion's relevancy would live beyond that of the source material.

Food for thought, folks. I miss the original as well but sadly, it's not coming back.....EVER.

prfctlyximprct

I read somewhere that they would replace Captain EO with a 4-D Dreamfinder and Figment show.. maybe this will be a good thing so everyone, kids and adults, can fall in love with the Figment that everyone remembers. I never got to experience the original journey into imagination, I wish I did!

Bama14

Maybe it is because I never saw the old Journey into the Imagination, so the ride is not as sentimental to me as it is to people who have gone to Disney their whole lives, but I love a Phineas and Ferb idea. I don't want to break anyone's heart though for you dedicated Imagination fans! :oops:

SmartNoob89

I don't mind TV characters in the parks, but it seems pointless to add them in extended terms when Disney doesn't really treat any of their animated shows with a lick of respect. They don't do complete season box-sets (except for the miracle of Weekenders seeing the light of day this week on DMC) and when they do release shows these days they are just barebones Movie Club exclusives, they canned the Disney Afternoon comics that Boom was doing, and they don't really do anything to keep characters in the public eye once a show is cancelled. On the totem pole that is Disney media, the only thing lower then animated shows is comics.

As much as Disney is pushing Phineas and Ferb, when the show is cancelled, it won't be long for another thing to come along. Doing a full pavillion overlay seems wasteful in that regard.

I'm not so sure about that. Maybe not on complete season sets, but online? Definitely! Disney's official site even has a complete streaming of Kim Possible and Gargoyles.

Alien

im not a fan of dream finder or figment... I just don't get it
neither of them represent the future, and neither did the original attraction

G00fyDad

Maybe it is because I never saw the old Journey into the Imagination, so the ride is not as sentimental to me as it is to people who have gone to Disney their whole lives, but I love a Phineas and Ferb idea. I don't want to break anyone's heart though for you dedicated Imagination fans! :oops:

Don't worry. You're not. Disney seems to be refusing to bow to pressure to bring back the Dreamfinder. :( We'll never see the old attraction again. That's just a fact. However, something new and completely different is in order, and I too think the P&F idea can work well in that area. But they should not simply slap a fresh coat of paint on the ride. They ought to gut the building and rework the interior structure of the ride.

JimboJones123

If true, with all sincerity, GO MAKE SWEET FREAKING LOVE TO YOURSELF TDO!

Perfect fit for a remake of UoE though.

Let's go right ahead and refocus our energies there instead.

JimboJones123

now I know your all "emotional" about figment and dream finder... but look around the park... they are irrelevant
This is a terrible post .

Are you really suggesting that the totally disfunctional and half broken Future World is the place to look for a way to run the park because it is Figmentless?

Without a doubt, the most clueless post of 2013 to date.

Unfinished SSE
Outdated UoE
Nemo that nobody fixes
Land Ride that needs any kind of cohesive theme
Sorin that desperatly needed a 3rd theater from the beginning
Test Track that is an interactive catastrophy with no heart
Mission Space that more than 50% of guests won't touch

JimboJones123

That doesn't answer my question. Give example
The energy crisis this planet faces the next hundred years may define our species.

P&F are problem solvers. That was the original concept for all of FW. Solving the problems of the planet. Get guests more interested in the world around them in an entertaining manner.

Or change the theme of the pavilion all together. There is plenty of room to work with. Space was originally Horizons.

Alien

Are you really suggesting that the totally disfunctional and half broken Future World is the place to look for a way to run the park because it is Figmentless?

Unfinished SSE
Outdated UoE
Nemo that nobody fixes
Thank you and I accept this award with great honor
and no im not suggesting that, im saying the park doesn't need figment

FigmentJedi

Unfinished SSE
Outdated UoE
Nemo that nobody fixes
I disagree on Test Track 2.0, the old one was pretty bland and emotionless. The new version at least has some damn personality and actually fits the "Future" part of Future World with it's emphasis on designing vehicles for tomorrow.

Otherwise all good points.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom