Imagination! Being Replaced w. Dr. Doof?

Figgy1

Premium Member
And Dreamfinder. Today I saw a picture of a cartoon of Figment remembering him and Dreamfinder. It made me really sad because Dreamfinder was Figment's creator and best friend and they took him away.
I wear my Figment pins and Dreamfinder pins with pride!!!!!!!!!!!!!! not to mention Figment pack and Figment purple scrunchie in my hair also sewed a soft Figment magnet to my Disney purse!!

HDS

I could live with an original made concept explicitly for the ride and give up Figment but not to some cheaply drawn cartoons. There is a reason this formula works for longevity over cartoons of now, they only exist at the ride and are not a trend. It's like visiting an old friend. The Haunted Mansion, BTM, SM, POTC, all have this and that's why they work. They aren't seen every weekend on the tube and when their body of work is over, they start to become dated, they have ended in the minds of everyone who watched. Not so with Figment and Dreamfinder.

AllyInWonderland

I wear my Figment pins and Dreamfinder pins with pride!!!!!!!!!!!!!! not to mention Figment pack and Figment purple scrunchie in my hair also sewed a soft Figment magnet to my Disney purse!!
If I see a Dreamfinder or Figment pin, I HAVE to buy it! I actually just got a new one in December. After I rode Imagination, I asked a cast member if there was a Dreamfinder and Figment shirt, but he said they ran out of them.

AllyInWonderland

I only got to ride the original Imagination when I was a baby, but now every time I watch videos of it, I almost cry because its just so amazing! I even downloaded the ride audio to my phone. I think Dreamfinder and Figment are so cute together! Dr. Nigel Channing seems like he doesn't like Figment and that makes me angry. P+F is one of my favorite shows, but I want an updated version of the original ride with Dreamfinder back.

Skyway

One of my friends is a Disney Ambassador,

No offense to the OP, but this is the source of 7 pages of freak outs?

If the OP is referring to WDW's 2 official ambassadors, I don't think they would have access to such information. And even if they did, they are brainwashed in so much official Disney PR they wouldn't dare share such info.

Jo DeVil

We Love P&F it is one of the few shows that we watch as a family. It is fun for my DS8 and both me and DH love it, it's full of adult aimed quips. This sounds like it could be fun and the it fits nicely with Agent P.

One continuous theme I have noticed on this site is that there is a lot of complains about nothing new or things which have been changed or left empty and as soon as something might be happening or changing, it is not what you personally want it gets ravaged.
No I am not after starting a debate it is just my observation, and I know it is just human nature to not want change, but surely if it stops somewhere being left empty its a good thing right?
TTFN Jo

Alien

not a fan of the idea
but figment is irrelevant ... and dreamfinder is long gone, so I think the park will "survive" without them

HoosierWDWFan

Well...here it goes. I guess this is as good a time as any to make my second post...lol

The Imagination Pavilion has always been my favorite place in EPCOT. In fact, my love for EPCOT was born from my love for the original permutation of Imagination. That being said, what they have done to the idea of the pavilion is a slap in the face to the original minds that created it.

Now, as far as overlaying Phineas and Ferb...at least it is relevant to today's kids...most of them have no idea who Eric Idle is, let alone do they care about the ride the way it is...the lines are short...it is nothing more than a time filler waiting on a fast pass for something more exciting. While, P&F may seem far fetched, it had been on the air 5 years this month. It is very popular with the kids. It would not be that big of a challenge to tie Dreamfinder and Figment into an episode or a tv movie. I still think one of the big reasons Imagination was stripped down is because no one new the characters unless they visited EPCOT, and after a while, they faded out of the minds of people that are less enthusiastic as we are about the parks.

Point is...it needs a shot in the arm to bring it all back to life...it needs life and deserves life. I am all for changing if they can be creative and do it right.

yackinoff

It is quite scary that people forget the history and successes of Disney parks WITHOUT character integration!!!! While a lazily designed mundane attraction featuring characters would be more appealing then a mundane attraction without them, an amazing attraction without characters would be JUST as good if not better if done correctly. Even with that being said Figment IS a character and deserves to stay right where he is with a better attraction and after show built around him, as well as the return of my long lost friend dream finder. I'd rather them develop a figment cartoon then scrap him in the park. Synergy can work both ways after all (pirates anyone)

HoosierWDWFan

It is quite scary that people forget the history and successes of Disney parks WITHOUT character integration!!!! While a lazily designed mundane attraction featuring characters would be more appealing then a mundane attraction without them, an amazing attraction without characters would be JUST as good if not better if done correctly. Even with that being said Figment IS a character and deserves to stay right where he is with a better attraction and after show built around him, as well as the return of my long lost friend dream finder. I'd rather them develop a figment cartoon then scrap him in the park. Synergy can work both ways after all (pirates anyone)​

That is a truly American phenomenon...if it isn't new and shiny we throw it away. If it isn't front and center, people forget it in an instant.

I love history, that would fix a lot of issues in the country, not just Disney. I agree, give Figment a show...I'm sure Pixar could create a really good movie around him and the Dreamfinder.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom