I'm going to Rant on all of My Problems...Any Advice? Desperatley need it.

joanna71985

I just want to wish you the best with everything. I know how it feels. I struggled through HS too. I hated it. Good luck. I know you can do it.:)

doop

Just wanted to let you know that you aren't alone. For basically my entire high school career (I'm a senior now), I've felt little motivation to do well in school. I'm a competitive swimmer which means I basically live at a swimming pool and get little time to myself and let alone do any homework, so for a while mainly in my sophomore and junior years I just sorta slid through with C's. I also tend to zone out in the middle of class, but I most definitely don't have ADD, just other things on my mind. I think you're just under a lot of stress and this is the way you're dealing with it, just like I do. High School sucks, but just try and stay focused and hopefully everything works out for the best.

Fantasmic!329

Hang in there, you're just in a bit of a funk with all that's going on in your life. You'll get out of it soon, and will be back to your old self. :)

I'm in Geometry, too, and I hate it. (Sorry Betty! :kiss:)
It is so confusing!
Chemistry can get tricky, too, but not as bad as Geom!

We're here to talk, if you need it. :wave:

Oh! And ditto on the IMoms. Love you gals. :kiss: :kiss:

imagineer boy

I had Geometry last year and I did TERRIBLE. Never got above a C all year, and I ended the year with an F. And to make things worse, my teacher was terrible.

wdwmomof3

Thanks,
I have always thought of asking my parents, but have always thought they have had enough to deal with.

My dad has the stress of being a police officer and working from 5:00 AM - 5:00 PM.

My mom just started a new job and flies from Florida to Kansas City every week. She will be back tomorrow. I will talk to her then...

I love this community....

I can tell you from from going through something like this with my daughter, you parents will appreciate you for telling them the truth and asking for their help. Sometimes we need to feel "needed".:)

My daughter was 14 at the time and had bad boyfriend issues. It was really bad. I had to put a restraining order against him. Her grades slipped & I freaked, but after a while things got better. Now she is on top of her grades and blooming in school.

We all go through things that are hard. Being a teenager is really tough, but you will survive. Just try to stay close to your parents and keep them informed on what is going on. You will be amazed by how much they can really help you. I tell my children all the time that your friends will come & go but the only people who you can really count on when you need help or anything, is your family. Keep them close. :animwink:

The Raven

Do you know Soh Cah Toa? That can be really helpful in geometry.

Just hang in there. Life can be pretty tough. Sometimes the only way to get through rough times is to just power through it. Remember, time heals all.

songbird

geometry was the class that almost did me in...I had a tutor to help me "get it".

I have two teenage girls who have had their ups and downs with school.

you're learning a lesson now about personal problems overwhelming you and interfering with your school work. better now than in college, better now than when you're an adult and it's a job, not school, at risk.

talk with your parents, figure out a plan for refocusing your life.

JimboJones123

Imoms are so lame....

Take it from an Ibro...

First of all -- Who "doesn't" have ADD... really.... I don't think anybody here can seriously answer no to that...

Second of all -- This is the greatest break-up advise that I've ever had to learn for myself..... If she dosn't want to be with "you" -- do you really think it's worth "fighting for"? Seriously. When people find somebody they really "want" to be with forever -- that should always mean they "want" to be with you forever too. If it isn't a 2 way thing -- or you have to convince her that your her best "option" -- you've already lost her. It's okay. That means it isn't worth the trouble over. Do you really want somebody that you had to "trick" or "manipulate" into being with???

Next -- School Sucks. But guess what -- it is the strongest means to the end. There is a way to make an F in every class. There is also a way to make a D. As well a C. Heck, even a B. Even the "elusive" A is something that is pretty clear cut. In high school, it's a little more gray, but in College, there is a CLEAR reflection in your grade to the kind of effort you put in. The thing that still es me off about the whole educational system is the fact that teachers will LET students NOT GET STRAIGHT A's. I don't understand how you can pass a student that hasn't mastered a subject. It makes ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE TO ME. If that means that by the time they turn 19 they only make it to 8th grade --- or even 6th grade --- so be it. That's the education they have. Let the diploma reflect it.

But as important as "social things" seem now... there is a strong possiblility that in 5 years you will have contact with just 25% or less of your closest friends. In 10 years -- maybe 10% of your closest friends you contact more than annually. It just happens. Focus on the school. Trust me -- looking back now -- if I would have gone for that Grad degree earlier -- I'd me much happier. Starting w/ a 4 year old and 6 year old isn't fun.

WDWFREAK53

Hey, I was thinking...there are a LOT of people on this forum of all different backgrounds. Why not have a thread to help out? Schoolwork, Problems at work, etc.

This kid seems like he's in some real problems in school (and not for lack of trying). Scheduling issues seem to cause more of a problem than help...so, without giving actual answers to problems, it may be helpful to these people if they could post a problem they are having, and we could show them the way to solve it.

There are different tricks to remembering different things...and it would be fun and maybe educational for all.

Nemo14

Hey, I was thinking...there are a LOT of people on this forum of all different backgrounds. Why not have a thread to help out? Schoolwork, Problems at work, etc.

This kid seems like he's in some real problems in school (and not for lack of trying). Scheduling issues seem to cause more of a problem than help...so, without giving actual answers to problems, it may be helpful to these people if they could post a problem they are having, and we could show them the way to solve it.

There are different tricks to remembering different things...and it would be fun and maybe educational for all.
Do you mean like a homework help thing Brian? I think that's a great idea!

Uponastar

Great idea, Brian!
Everyone has something to offer.
This could be very helpful!

And for Jimbo...
Don't write off the IMoms....we have a good record. ;)

WDWFREAK53

Do you mean like a homework help thing Brian? I think that's a great idea!

Exactly.

I learned things one way...but others probably learned it another way. Everybody has different levels of learning and having multiple ways of remembering things or "tricks" to learning them could be of great help.

Nemo14

Exactly.

I learned things one way...but others probably learned it another way. Everybody has different levels of learning and having multiple ways of remembering things or "tricks" to learning them could be of great help.
I totally agree with you. Any parent who has seen some of the textbooks today can tell you that math, at least, is a whole different ball game now. I do some tutoring, and I find that I can simplify some of the things taht they spend pages and pages on in 10 minutes or so.

Iakona

I am not a Doctor nor do I play one of TV. However, my suggestions as a dad:

Talk to your parents. It is far more stressful for them to be wondering what is wrong and not having you talk to them. Believe me, they may not know the extent, but I bet they can tell something is going on.

Relationship - We all go though these situations whether in H.S., college or as adults. The hardest thing to do is to decide to walk away, but many times it is the healthy thing to do.

Talk to a counselor through your family's medical insurance. I would hate to see this snowball and have you become severely depressed. There is a lot of help out there and asking for it is not a sign of weakness. Holding it all in is the real weakness.

Good lick. As my favorite singer, Mr. Jimmy Buffett, says; Math Suks!

The Raven

Holding it all in is the real weakness.

:confused:

Really? I always thought that being very dependent upon others was a sign of weakness. Self-reliance is in no way a negative quality. Indeed, if you can go through a "crisis" in your life and pull through on your own strength and will, and not that of others, are you not that much stronger by it? Does it not demonstrate more strength to accomplish things on your own?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom