Iger's Annual Report has new Concept Artwork

haveyoumetmark

From my understanding, BUZZ is not included in the attraction, but other Toy Story characters are (Woody, Potato Head, Hamm, etc). The concept art looks OK. I really hope this attraction is similar to Spiderman and not as much like Buzz Lightyear at MK.

I'm trying not to form opinions beforehand. But it's hard not to. I would be elated if it was similar to Spiderman even without animatronics, but as of now, even without the concept art, it just sounds tacky and easy to replace.

yensidtlaw1969

Note that the drawings labeled "Pirate themed adventure' and "Concept for new Disney Theme park" show what looks to be the same place (note the town with the rope bridge leading to a pointed peak). The new park, however, has what looks like the TDS Mermaid Lagoon underwater castle in the top left as well. Interesting . . .

Yensidtlaw1969

Piebald

Note that the drawings labeled "Pirate themed adventure' and "Concept for new Disney Theme park" show what looks to be the same place (note the town with the rope bridge leading to a pointed peak). The new park, however, has what looks like the TDS Mermaid Lagoon underwater castle in the top left as well. Interesting . . .

Yensidtlaw1969

That is an excellent observation.

basas

Toy Story mania does look kinda cool.

However, the pirate island thing. Sure, they're going to carefully put the pirates themeing on the island so it doesn't look out of place from Frontierland and New Orleans square. :rolleyes:

I really dislike the idea of Pirates on TSI. But I'm thinking that Pirate concept art was for HKDL whose entire Pirate attraction is supposed to be really, really good. I forget where it was but there was an article or story about it quite recently.

bcampione

The "5th Gate" could be a revamped section for Animal Kingdom. Remember the old 'Beastly Kingdom" that was never built? Going back to original drawings, it looks somewhat like the concepts when the park was being built. Only time will tell.

These are exciting pictures - can't wait for actual details! :sohappy:

MetFan81

Very interesting.

My thoughts:

The new theme park does look like a mini-Disney Sea. Now could this be a 5th gate possibility, I know we are all thinking that this is possible.

More importantly, the water show. This show clearly shows lion king characters - Animal Kingdom night show? Ver possible.

ALSO BREAKING NEWS:

I just heard on the news that the broadway version of B and the B will be replaced by the Little Mermaid next year.

bcampione

ALSO BREAKING NEWS:

I just heard on the news that the broadway version of B and the B will be replaced by the Little Mermaid next year.

It's been known for sometime that TLM was coming to B-way - but there was a time when it was thought to open in a different theatre.
Now, They're kicking one out and bringing new in.

I hope the show is as good as what has been said about it conceptually.

wedway71

New. Urban. Entertainment. Center. :sohappy:

Niiiiice.

Id like a DisneyQuest,a world of Disney Store,a huge IMAX theater,a Disney theme parks preview center,and if its in a warm climate a huge indoor or outdoor water park all rolled into one.:sohappy:

ssidiouss@mac.c

Couldnt the new theme park be what is going into Beastly Kingdoms spot in Animal Kingdom.. completel with its own pirate themed area and night time water spectacular.. all in that new area?

bcampione

That Pirate Section is definitely for HKDL - not any US park. It'd be cool to have it here, but HKDL is the only resort at the moment without Pirates.

Mecha Figment

Aslo I would like to put in my prediction that this New water spectacular is going to be Illuminations ROE replacment next year. I've heard it rumored they've beenw orking on it's replacement for about two years and this is it's last year.

WeLComeHomE OKW

I don't know why they would build anything in Chicago. No offense but that place is seriously hurting. The unions have made it so bad for corporations to hold conventions there they are no longer coming.. and some areas of Chicago are so bad that cab drivers wont even go there.

I live in Chicago, and its thriving. It may be hard to hold conventions here, but bad neighborhoods have been getting consistently better. I think it would be great to see another attempt from Disney to make an entertainment center in a major city. (unlike Disney Quest, which failed in Chicago due to high prices and not enough demand).

Disneyfan1981

Carsland looks like a themed version of Test Track. I think DCA sorely needs this. Everything looks great, I'm interested to see official announcements and projected opening dates for all of this!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom