If you had to close 3 attraction

kybred72

kcnole said:
This makes me laugh. You say you're surprised that people are calling for some classics to be removed and then you list the Tiki Room and Hall of Presidents. lol

Just giving you a hard time.

Can't we all just agree to disagree :animwink: Besides Pooh and Buzz aren't classics :p

joshwill

I'd have to say...

El rio del tiempo (aka its a small mexico). Imo it is the single most inane boring ride ever created.at least if it was longer you'd have time to nap.

Stitchs great escape- they ruined a perfectly good ride just to shove stich down our throats some more. Maybe if they'd put some thought int it...

Dinorama- its just tooo cheesy.primevel whirl vould be save, but the rest needs to go.

Dishonorable mention- the magic of dissney animation. It just terrible and rather pointless now that the animation studio is gone.

imagineersrock

1.) Stitch's [not-so] Great Escape --- If you've experienced the attraction, you'll most likely agree.

2.) The Imagination pavillion --- In my opinion, this pavillion (as a whole) needs more help than any of the others at Epcot the moment. The film has grown pretty out-dated, and the ride... well... the fact that it is walk-on all day pretty much any day of the year speaks for itself.

3.) Rafiki's Planet Watch (Conservation Station and all) --- In such a gorgeous park, with so much beauty, such authenticity, and immaculate themeing... to have a barely themed train-ride through all these backstage areas seems so wrong to me. I appreciate that Disney tried to promote a conservation message by showing guests "this is how we take care of our animals" but I honestly just don't feel this area fits in with the rest of the park and that the conservation message could have been presented in a better way. I think they could keep the actual Conservation Station building if they wanted to, and use it for educational field trips or as part of one of the seperately priced "behind the scenes tours" Disney offers.

Enderikari

My dead serious picks -

1. Carousel of Progress - Walt would be doing backflips in his grave if he knew this was still open, that is, if he wasn't cremated. Its been on life-support too long, time to pull the plug.

2. Snow White's Scary Adventures - Cardboard cut-outs didn't work for Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, why does Disney keep them alive here?

3. Kali River Rapids - Keep the queue, lose the soaked underpants

santonucci

Three Worst Attractions Ever

1.) stitch- I hated Mission to Mars, but I always laughed because I understood that there was a time when it was high tech... Alien never made any sense (what's the Disney connection?). I was trying to undo my seatbelt halfway through Stitch because it was so bad.

2.) Sounds Dangerous- Insipid. Makes Stitch look like RockN Rollercoaster. I wouldn't even go in there if it was raining acid and bricks. The old show was funny (Monster soundtrack or something)

3.) Conservation Station- "Let's shuttle people to a remote location to pet a goat." Nahtazu? Hmmm... How about Pehtingzu? Just what I needed it to be hot, sweaty, and smell like a goat...

Steve

MKCP 1985

If I were President of Walt Disney World, I would look into making these 3 changes:

1. The Tiki Room. The single worst Disney attraction. Parrots and McCaws? Singing plants? That is so 1960s! Honestly, Mr. Toad had to go and we kept THIS? :rolleyes: Ever since Chuck-E-Cheese opened, this show is not magic, not cutting edge, and takes up valuable real estate. And Country Bear Jamboree had better watch out or it could be next!

2. Oh Canada. If Timekeeper had to go, this circle vision snoozer must go, because the public demands a river rapids adventure in this spot!

3. Carney-land. Get rid of the midway games! This is NOT what a Disney park is about! Disney parks were created as a better alternative!

BigNorm

Who Wants To Be A Millionare - Play It!: Seen it, once is enough, time to go thank you very much.
Mission: SPACE: think it's a great attraction, but feel it's becoming a liability for the company.
The Magic Carpets of Aladdin: Can we finally get rid of the bottle neck in Adventureland please.

One to think about: The Magic of Disney Animation. Without real animators what's the point?

kybred72

MKCP 1985 said:
3. Carney-land. Get rid of the midway games! This is NOT what a Disney park is about! Disney parks were created as a better alternative!

Refresh my memory. Where are the midway games? Not ringing a bell.

bandtrumpet

mask2343 said:
My first post!

3 rides I'd close:
1) Easily the Carousel of Progress.
2) The Tiki Room
3) The Jungle Cruise
What?
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
sorry for all the smilies
wow those are all clasics, i would like to know why.

As for me
1. star tours- outdated
2. Star tours
3. STAR TOURS

SarahBella82

How about this (on a positive note): If I could save three attractions for all time I would save Mission:Space, Splash Mountain, and Carousel of Progress.

And, for the record, why are so many of these "what would you do"s negative? "What would you close?" "What's the worst experience you've ever had?" Accentuate the positive, people, and be realistic about the less-than-ideal!

MKCP 1985

kybred72 said:
Refresh my memory. Where are the midway games? Not ringing a bell.
In Dino-land, the Chester and Hester area at Disney Animal Kingdom. I guess I shouldn't have included it since it isn't a ride. Oh well. Get rid of it anyway!

RedGear

1) Star Tours (or just update it or something, it's lame!)
2) Stich (it was so boring and the seats killed my back!)
3) Mission Space (sorry, i had a bad experiance with that ride)

Chape19714

Stitch's Great Escape
Sounds Dangerous
Imaganation with Figment (Ironically, too Unimaganative for me)

If I had to re-do 3 attractions with the Newest Technology, they would be:
Space Mountian
Haunted Mansion
Star Tours (new film)

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
You know, after further thought and pondering, I have changed my three to the following:

1. Soarin - Looks horrid behind Canada
2. Expedition Everest - Too much B mode Yeti
3. Cinderellas Castle - Looks out of place at the end of mainstreet.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom