If you had to close 3 attraction

PintoColvig

santonucci said:
3.) Conservation Station- "Let's shuttle people to a remote location to pet a goat." Nahtazu? Hmmm... How about Pehtingzu? Just what I needed it to be hot, sweaty, and smell like a goat...

Steve

Yuk-Yuk! Very funny!

My three to shutter are:
1. Stitch's Great Waste
2. Sound's Crappy (Dangerous)
3. Myth (Magic) of Disney Animation

Read 'em and weep!

tirian

1. Stitch

2. Chester and Hester's entire area

3. Sounds Dangerous

Edit: Actually, I think that the concept for Chester and Hester's could be decent if the carnival games were removed (no one plays them, anyway) and if that Primeval Hurl coaster were seriously redesigned.

Astronaut Jones

This thread can be painful... When somebody said close Carousel of Progress a felt a little bit hurt, but when somebody said close El Rio Del Tiempo, I felt like a piece of my soul was just ripped away from me. For as upset as I got, the guy might as well have kicked my sister or something. Anyway, my 3...

1. Stitch's Great Escape - I think we all agree this is pretty worthless

2. Rock'n'Roller Coaster - I'm not much of a Roller Coaster guy but mainly it's just that I despise Aerosmith.

3. Mission Space - I got so sick on this. I believe I'd rather have a colonoscopy than ride this ride again.

AEfx

phillipsa9 said:
as much as i love having all of the charaters together in one place its just nothing extra special IMHO... compared to other nighttime attractions like RoE and wishes i just dont think fantasmic holds its ground... but thats just me

And see, I feel the same way about Illuminations. It's just fireworks to me, whereas Wishes and Fantasmic are special.

Good thing we aren't all in charge, or we'd be taking out each other's favorites, LOL.

AEfx

saltmom1

dumboflyer said:
"God, no shows?" No, God likes the shows; his favorite is Festival of the Lion King. Haha! :)
Are God and Mr. Pickles the same ? Is that the difference between Mr. Pickles and everyone else ? :D

1stStarIC2nite

I'd close:

Wonders of Life
Universe of Energy
All the circle visions in World Showcase... they are so boring... you could put a much more worthwhile attraction in those places

matt88mph

Hmmm, only 3? Lemme see...

1. Stitch's Great Escape- Disney made a mistake. It's as simple as that. If they get rid of it now, no one would blame them.
2. Chester and Hester's Dino-Rama- More like Chester and Hester's Anti-Disney. Just a way to waste time and money.
3. TIE: Who Wants to be a Millionaire: Play It!- Face it, Disney should never base an attraction out of a current trend. If they did, the parks would be constantly outdated.
The Magic of Disney Animation- WHAT IS THIS!!!! All it is is a preview of a new movie, a few pictures from the upcoming ones, and mindless games.

Journey into Imagination with Figment and Ellen's Energy Adventure don't need to be replaces, as much as they need to be retooled. JIIWF has a good base, but it has no real soul to it. Ellen Degeneres, luckily, has come back into the public eye and has made the show interesting again. Mind you, Jeopardy and Bill Nye aren't in their heyday anymore, but the show is still entertaining and educational, a rarity in today's Epcot.

Intgtwy

1. millionare.. i think it has had its day... use the space for something more worthwhile.

2. The movie at the end of Malstorm... if that counts.. all it does is make you wait before you walk right through..

3. Finally... bye bye to Star Tours.. it was great in its day, however it has become a sad shell of its former self.. (remides me of Body Wars demise) close it, fix it, and i am sure attendance will soar.. lots of star wars fans will flock to it.

Damien666

This is going to be easy for me.

1. Disney's Great Mistake..err..Stitch's Great Escape. I can't believe Disney pulled off something of this quailty. This is the worst replacement in MK ever! You were better off with AE Disney I can tell you that.

2.Magic of Disney Animation
It was much better being in the little room with the animators drawing for you.

3.Pooh's Playful Spot
They say this thing is going to be "temporary" Right, let's see. Voyage of the Little Mermaid was going to be "temporary", Festival of the Lion King was going to be "temporary", Beauty and the Beast was going to be "temporary" I know these are all shows but Disney is not good on confirming whats going to be "temporary"

goofyfan13

Damien666 said:
3.Pooh's Playful Spot
They say this thing is going to be "temporary" Right, let's see. Voyage of the Little Mermaid was going to be "temporary", Festival of the Lion King was going to be "temporary", Beauty and the Beast was going to be "temporary" I know these are all shows but Disney is not good on confirming whats going to be "temporary"

Mickey's Toontown Fair is also "Temporary"...

disneyracefan

1. stitchs great escape - wins hands down

2.dinosauar - because anyone that has been on the indiana jones ride at disneyland knows how much better this ride could have been

3.backlot tour - should have gone after taking half of it for L.M.A.

kreiderr

1. The Land Ride: The've been growing futuristic fruit and vegetables the same way since 1980.
2. Journey into Imagination: For a ride dedicated to imagination this ride lacks its. (is that an oxymoron?)
3. The Great Movie Ride: Shut it down and update it please!

CThaddeus

I just got back from the World today and I have to add one more attraction to my get rid of now list - Lights, Motors, Action! Besides the fact that the bottom portion of the stadium prvodes no shade AND the queue is almost completely out in the Sun, this is the longest, dullest waste of 33 minutes I've ever endured. They ruined the already too short Backlot Tour and closed Hunchback for this?
And I have to take exception to those against Stitch's Great Escape! I enjoyed this enough to go back on it again. And, unlike Alien Encounter, I enjoyed the WHOLE attraction, not just the S.I.R. and Skippy preshow. Best of all, I was actually able to recommend this attraction to my friends who have girls aged 6 and 9. And they enjoyed it too. I would never have recommended Alien Encounter. I just don't get why everyone hates this so much. The Stitch audio animatronic alone was a thousand times more impressive than that cheesy-looking alien that escaped in Alien Encounter. And no one "died." Were people really jazzed by sitting there in the dark, hearing a man's head being bitten off, and then feeling the "blood" spurt on them? Truly morbid. I applaud Disney for finally doing a change to an attraction that improved it instead of completely ruining it like Under New Mangement. People should truly be up in arms about this one, but sadly, very few are.

dxwwf3

CThaddeus said:
Were people really jazzed by sitting there in the dark, hearing a man's head being bitten off, and then feeling the "blood" spurt on them? Truly morbid.

You bet I was :lol: It was even funnier when the "Who's brain is this?" line came across the binural speakers.

You either "got" the attraction or you didn't. Doesn't make me right and you wrong or vice versa. Not everyone "got" AE and that's fine and I'm sure there are some that "got" it and still didn't like it and that's fine as well.

Hey if you like SGE that's cool. Considering I'm a fan of Caddyshack 2, I know what it's like to enjoy something that everyone else in the world seems to hate. But I know I'm in the minority. I'm sure you do to.

Damien666

^ Well said, some people (Like me) got AE while some didn't. Just like some people (Like CThaddeus) got SGE, while some didn't! But I just let people know that if they liked it they are in the minority. (I have yet to find a young kid that liked SGE):rolleyes:

jvenegas

Mine would be:

Jungle Cruise
JII
Backlot Tour

There's one from each park except AK because I'm following the rules.

If someone asks for 4 rides to close I will then submit the fourth one which would be the whole Dino-Rama thing except Primeval Whirl which my son loves.:lol: :wave:

4friends4ever

1. Tomorrowland Transit Authority - We got stuck on it last year. CM had to get everyone off. We must of been in the middle. One CM said to head to the front, another CM at the same time said to head to the rear. We just stood there and asked them to pick a direction they wanted us to go.

2. Indy Speedway - It's been said before, a huge piece of prime property that could be used for something truly Disney.

3. El Rio del Tiempo - I love Mexico, but this ride has never had any imagination, and is really outdated. Come on Mexico, you can do better than this.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom