Trip Report If you don't have a bag "entah" through the "centah"

A long time ago in a galaxy far far away a family visited a planet called "Walt Disney World" and all was right in the galaxy.

That's right folks I have only been home for 4 days and it seems like a lifetime ago that I was floating through my days in a magical bubble where I didn't have a care in the world. A place where I woke up at 7 am because I wanted to and only thought about food and FP+ reservations. A place where money wasn't accepted and a magical mickey head paid for all of your wants and desires. A place where the air didn't hurt your face and a Frosé was an acceptable substitute for your morning coffee. I don't know what it is but whenever I am in Disney I often feel like I am my best self. I am not riddled with anxiety and everything just seems perfect while I am there.

As expected we had a magical time filled with some unexpected moments, family squabbles, magical memories, happy tears, exquisite meals, loads of laughter, delicious drinks, and we even managed to make lifelong friends.

If you didn't read my pre-trip report you can follow along here https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/who-needs-christmas-presents-lets-go-to-disney.929947/
or I will give you a quick run down on our cast of characters.

Myself (Alisa) and my Handsome prince Charming, Jerome. We landed in the world on December 7th and after many days of vacation creep didn't leave until December 16th.
PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_407111355929.JPG

Notice how I am dressed like it is the arctic and Jerome has on shorts and a T-Shirt. I will get into that later in the report.

My parents and my little sister, Jilly. They were in the world from Dec 7th - December 13th.
PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_407125789949.JPG

and my in-laws. They were in the world from Dec 8th - December 13th.
PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_407125512023.JPG

with cameo appearances by @Ariel1986 and her husband.
68F7A72A-1E88-4073-B8FD-DB24FB269274.jpeg

The majority of this trip was spent at Disney's Port Orleans French Quarter. Me and Jerome transferred to the Dolphin on December 14th.

With that let's put this Trip Report into hyperdrive..........

Last edited:

prfctlyximprct

I have already stalked your life on instagram, but CONGRATS AGAIN. I am so happy for you and not the teeny tiniest bit jealous. :p

But hey, if your house has a guest room, I know an awesome gal. :p

Congrats girly, you deserve all the happiness in the world! :)

Scott10

Congrats on the move! My family's vacation destination after leaving the parks has always been Madeira Beach, as my aunt introduced us to the area while she lived in Tampa and we LOVE it there.... I wish you guys nothing but the best in your new home!

dclfan

Original Poster
Ah congratulations I'm so jealous!

Thank you so much <3. Now maybe we can run into each other in the parks.

Congrats!! I am so insanely jealous of you guys :)

Thank You.

I am SOOOOO happy you've found your Happy Ever After!! :inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove:

And YESSS... May... :D;)

Thank you. Can't wait for you and Russ to join us.

That's awesome! Congratulations!!!

Thank You

Welcome to Florida!

Thanks. So Happy to be here.

Amazing, congratulations on the move, I used love going to St Pete's when we visited Orlando it was a great way to finish our holiday with a relaxing week.

It is so relaxing down here and there is so much to do. It's the perfect location and weather.

That's Awesome! I'm not far behind you!

Hurry up. We can get together when NH has snowstorms and laugh and drink and be merry in the SUN. haha

Congratulations! So happy (and a little jealous) for you guys! Can't wait to read all about your new adventures.

Thank you. I can't wait to share everything with my WDW magic friends about our #waltlife

Wow - that is so amazing! Congratulations!

Thank you.

Congrats!!!! I try to talk my husband into moving to St. Petersburg nearly every day :hilarious: My best friend lives down there, and it's such an amazing city!!!

Thank You. You should move. It's so nice here and there is so much to do/ photograph. I only had to tell my fiancé he could fish year round and he was sold. Maybe that can work for you? lol

So jealous!!! I dream of moving to FL (although Savannah gives it some good competition) but I'm still waiting for my husband to be able to work remotely.

We love Savannah as well but nothing beats the Florida sun and quick 90 min trip to Disney. Hopefully it happens for you soon.

Congratulations!! Very exciting!!

Thank You.

dclfan

Original Poster
Epicness!! I was so into your trip report and getting ansy over when the next post would come! You're so excused!!!!

haha thank you. I hope to get back to the end of this trip report soon as things are starting to settle down a little bit finally.

A huge congrats. Such awesome news!

Thank you so much.

Congrats!! You will love living in FL!

Thank you. I know I will. I'm already loving every minute of it.

Congrats and best wishes on your move!

Thank you so much.

I have already stalked your life on instagram, but CONGRATS AGAIN. I am so happy for you and not the teeny tiniest bit jealous. :p

But hey, if your house has a guest room, I know an awesome gal. :p

Congrats girly, you deserve all the happiness in the world! :)

Thanks so much girlie. I have a couch and a car that makes frequent trips to WDW. Does that work? I think you need to visit to break in your new ears <3

Congrats on the move! My family's vacation destination after leaving the parks has always been Madeira Beach, as my aunt introduced us to the area while she lived in Tampa and we LOVE it there.... I wish you guys nothing but the best in your new home!

I was just on Madeira Beach two days ago lol. I love it there as well. Thank you so much for the well wishes.

dclfan

Original Poster
Sorry for the huge gaps in posting. Not only did we move to Florida but we also decided to take on a renovation. So needless to say things have been CRAZY. We did manage to sneak away for a few days and buy our Annual Passes and hang out in the world for 2 days. We are officially Floridians now. Even my car is proudly flashing her "passholder" magnet. She is one happy vehicle.

This is a before/after of our Kitchen.
IMG_5175.JPG

We still have a few more renovation projects in progress but it is coming along.

Also a little recap of our AP buying trip. We obviously had to check out the Flower and Garden Festival first.
IMG_5031.JPG
IMG_0768.JPG

and tell Mickey that I moved to be closer to him. He was very excited to see me and we have plans to meet up again soon.
IMG_5152.JPG
IMG_5163.JPG

Happily Ever After <3

I hope to have this report finished up soon. See ya real soon.

Attachments

• IMG_5175.JPG
    IMG_5175.JPG
    72.7 KB · Views: 138

Rista1313

Sorry for the huge gaps in posting. Not only did we move to Florida but we also decided to take on a renovation. So needless to say things have been CRAZY. We did manage to sneak away for a few days and buy our Annual Passes and hang out in the world for 2 days. We are officially Floridians now. Even my car is proudly flashing her "passholder" magnet. She is one happy vehicle.

This is a before/after of our Kitchen.
View attachment 272827

We still have a few more renovation projects in progress but it is coming along.

Also a little recap of our AP buying trip. We obviously had to check out the Flower and Garden Festival first.
View attachment 272829View attachment 272828
and tell Mickey that I moved to be closer to him. He was very excited to see me and we have plans to meet up again soon.
View attachment 272830View attachment 272831
Happily Ever After <3

I hope to have this report finished up soon. See ya real soon.

Your new open kitchen looks great! Much nicer than a galley kitchen for 1, and you put in a slider too?

dclfan

Original Poster
Your new open kitchen looks great! Much nicer than a galley kitchen for 1, and you put in a slider too?

Yes, good eye. We installed a three pane slider. It looks great. Once their done painting and texturizing I’ll post a photo of that too. It looks so much better then the window and single door that was there. Now it’s indoor/outdoor living. Yay!!!!!

dclfan

Original Poster
Love the renovation! Looks amazing and so much more open!

Thank you. Yes I love the openness. Makes the house feel so much bigger. I don’t get why they had that wall there to begin with such an odd choice. I wasn’t even load bearing.

The kitchen looks great! congrats on your AP's

Thank you so much. I can’t wait to take full advantage of being an AP holder.

Wow the kitchen looks amazing!!! So glad to hear you're getting settled in down there :)

Thank you 💕. It’s coming along. Disney aside I love living in Florida so much. I definitely feel like we made the right choice moving here. Are you guys still down here?

dclfan

Original Poster
Hello everyone. Life has finally settled down a bit here in Florida so I thought I would try and wrap up this trip report from way way way back in December.

Last we left off we were drinking some cocktails over at Cat's Scat's Lounge. A terrible misunderstanding occurred in which this nice lady behind us at the bar jumped up and VERY quickly whisked her child away to change his dirty diaper after a TERRIBLE smell filled the lounge. (Spoiler alert it was not the baby my darling fiancé let one slip) . Once my dad stopped laughing/gagging/crying happy tears we decided it was time to leave the fine folks of the French Quarter in peace and head back to our room and get ready for our next day of magic.

December 11th - Epcot

We woke up bright and early for another Disney Day. Today's plan was too hit Epcot early in the AM have some drinks, ride some rides, and then head over to the Yacht club to try out the newly opened Ale and Compass Restaurant. This was the first morning in a few days where I wasn't freezing leaving my room in a sweatshirt. It wasn't exactly t-shirt weather but at least it was comfortable walking around in a hoodie.

Once again Mom, Dad, and Jill head to the rental while the rest of the crew hit the buses. Buses arrived in no time but we encountered a small bag check line upon arrival. Which would had been fine if I wasn't getting phone calls from the rental car crew every 3 minutes yelling as to why we were taking so long but I digress. Eventually we did get into the park and we all loaded into Spaceship Earth to thank the Phoenicians.

After Spaceship Earth everyone agreed it was time for some coffee/ breakfast so we all (very slowly) walked towards France. I know I had the Croissant Jambon Fromage along with a latte and a glass of Champagne because VACATION. Breakfast was DELICIOUS. I think everyone was a little put off by the fact that it was quick service and there wasn't enough seats for everyone to sit together so it was a little stressful but I guess that is what happens when you travel with a large group. Myself, seester, and my fiancé stood at a table to avoid further adult meltdown. At least the food was good.

IMG_5277.JPG

After breakfast and armed with my Champagne we headed off towards Future World. It was time to SOAR.

dclfan

Original Poster
December 11th - Epcot continued

Since I had opted to get us a Frozen Fastpass since my family had yet to experience the ride we were on our own for Soarin'. The wait was about 45 minutes when we joined the line. We passed the time by playing the little trivia game they have. My family are big trivia people so there was minimal complaining and soon we were Soarin'. I know I am in the minority but me and J thoroughly enjoy the new version. Since we were in the area we jumped on over to LWTL which is one of J's fav's. He is still bummed that they removed the baby gators from the ride but it was still enjoyable.

Next up was our FP for Frozen. We only had about 15 minutes to get back to Norway and of course bathroom breaks were needed. I'm normally not stressed at all in Disney but the endless hours I spent planning for so many people and in turn the constant complaints were really starting to weigh on me at this point. Half were running to frozen, half were yelling about rushing. Very frustrating lol. We all ended up getting to Frozen in time but I was starting to get overwhelmed.

Hoping not to stress out my WDW magic friends with the remainder of this trip report please enjoy this photo of my mom preparing for the terrifying drop on Frozen.

IMG_5278.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom