Trip Report If you don't have a bag "entah" through the "centah"

A long time ago in a galaxy far far away a family visited a planet called "Walt Disney World" and all was right in the galaxy.

That's right folks I have only been home for 4 days and it seems like a lifetime ago that I was floating through my days in a magical bubble where I didn't have a care in the world. A place where I woke up at 7 am because I wanted to and only thought about food and FP+ reservations. A place where money wasn't accepted and a magical mickey head paid for all of your wants and desires. A place where the air didn't hurt your face and a Frosé was an acceptable substitute for your morning coffee. I don't know what it is but whenever I am in Disney I often feel like I am my best self. I am not riddled with anxiety and everything just seems perfect while I am there.

As expected we had a magical time filled with some unexpected moments, family squabbles, magical memories, happy tears, exquisite meals, loads of laughter, delicious drinks, and we even managed to make lifelong friends.

If you didn't read my pre-trip report you can follow along here https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/who-needs-christmas-presents-lets-go-to-disney.929947/
or I will give you a quick run down on our cast of characters.

Myself (Alisa) and my Handsome prince Charming, Jerome. We landed in the world on December 7th and after many days of vacation creep didn't leave until December 16th.
PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_407111355929.JPG

Notice how I am dressed like it is the arctic and Jerome has on shorts and a T-Shirt. I will get into that later in the report.

My parents and my little sister, Jilly. They were in the world from Dec 7th - December 13th.
PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_407125789949.JPG

and my in-laws. They were in the world from Dec 8th - December 13th.
PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_407125512023.JPG

with cameo appearances by @Ariel1986 and her husband.
68F7A72A-1E88-4073-B8FD-DB24FB269274.jpeg

The majority of this trip was spent at Disney's Port Orleans French Quarter. Me and Jerome transferred to the Dolphin on December 14th.

With that let's put this Trip Report into hyperdrive..........

Last edited:

dclfan

Original Poster
I’m really enjoying your report so far!

Just wondering if they would let you sub for any app or just soup/salad? Did this work at any other restaurants?

Looking forward to more! 😊

Every restaurant we ate at had a different response when we asked if we could sub for an app. I would definitely suggest to ask at every meal. Some servers were very accommodating, others not so much. At Mama melroses we could get any appetizer on the menu. Coral reef was pretty accommodating as initially they said it was either a Caesar or the soup of the day but then she let us get the lobster bisque. I think be our guest let us get the French onion soup instead as well. It really just depended. Ale and compass were very strict (and rude) but I will get to that story lol

krause

Every restaurant we ate at had a different response when we asked if we could sub for an app. I would definitely suggest to ask at every meal. Some servers were very accommodating, others not so much. At Mama melroses we could get any appetizer on the menu. Coral reef was pretty accommodating as initially they said it was either a Caesar or the soup of the day but then she let us get the lobster bisque. I think be our guest let us get the French onion soup instead as well. It really just depended. Ale and compass were very strict (and rude) but I will get to that story lol

Thanks!! We have 5 adults on the dining plan so it would be awesome if we could switch 3 of us at some restaurants and just get 2 desserts to share. Will definitely ask wherever we are!

dclfan

Original Poster
Thanks!! We have 5 adults on the dining plan so it would be awesome if we could switch 3 of us at some restaurants and just get 2 desserts to share. Will definitely ask wherever we are!

I found most servers were willing to work with you. I’m with you I would much rather have a mixture of a few apps and a few deserts and share 💕. Enjoy your trip I can’t wait to hear how everything worked out.

*Flynnderella*

Great report so far! That cake looks great :hungry:
We didn’t manage to get to Coral Reef on our last trip which I was pretty bummed about because I love fish, but I’ve heard so many mixed reviews I’m not actually sure I would book for next time!
We found when we had the DDP that most places didn’t allow you to swap your dessert for an app which annoyed me a little so we stopped asking after our first few nights ! I’ll be sure to ask again next time!!

dclfan

Original Poster
Oh no, too bad about dinner. But at least the cake was good.

It’s ok. They can’t all be epic. I think we will take a little break from Coral Reef in future trips. The cake however I need that on every visit. Even if we’re not celebrating a birthday lol

dclfan

Original Poster
Great report so far! That cake looks great :hungry:
We didn’t manage to get to Coral Reef on our last trip which I was pretty bummed about because I love fish, but I’ve heard so many mixed reviews I’m not actually sure I would book for next time!
We found when we had the DDP that most places didn’t allow you to swap your dessert for an app which annoyed me a little so we stopped asking after our first few nights ! I’ll be sure to ask again next time!!

I think there are way better options for fish on property. You won’t be missing anything by skipping Coral Reef.

Definitely ask it’s really hit and miss and all depends on the restaurant / server. :) Never hurts to try.

dclfan

Original Poster
Day 4 Continued:

So after dinner the plan was to head towards the Boardwalk to have some birthday cocktails. Leading up to this trip my sister spoke nonstop about wanting to go out drinking as it was her first time in Disney since she turned 21 2 years ago. So imagine my surprise when she said she didn't want to go :eek:. She asked if we could just go to the Scat Cat's Club at our hotel instead. Sure, why not.

Jerome, myself, and in-laws head to the bus while sister, mom, and dad head to the rental car. When we got back to the hotel the bar was MOBBED. I don't think I have ever seen a Disney bar so busy. They were having live music and the place was Hoppin'. I went looking for my parents but unsurprisingly at this point the bus had beat the rental once again back to the hotel. I saw people getting up so I made a beeline for the table while Jerome head to the front desk to get out DDP issues sorted. Eventually my parents walked in but no sister :eek::oops:. She decided to go back to the room.

Jerome rejoined and we were thankfully up the 2 dining credits that had gone missing. I would tell you what he ordered but I'll let you guess instead :). We stayed for a few rounds and had a lot of laughs. It was great way to end another Disney Day.

Up Next: Epcot AM

bee

Finally caught up! Your report has inspired me to order more flights on my next trip. Like you, I have definitely discovered some new favorites at WDW.

Can't wait to hear about the family drama! :eek:

LeighM

When we went to WDW in 2016 (on the regular Dining Plan), I asked the server at Be Our Guest what I could have in place of the desserts as I don't really like the desserts there. She brought a trio of salads - one was a beet salad, another involved cucumbers, and another was chickpea (I think). It was so hot that day and it was really refreshing. I'm not sure if that was an option that was even on the menu.

dclfan

Original Poster
Finally caught up! Your report has inspired me to order more flights on my next trip. Like you, I have definitely discovered some new favorites at WDW.

Can't wait to hear about the family drama! :eek:

haha you have inspired me to try many a cocktail while I was in the world so I am glad I could return the favor :). There are still a few more flights to come in this trip report :eek::cool:. One of my favorites if your looking for a good flight is Tutto Gusto Wine Cellar in Italy. They also have a great cheese and olives plate if you like that sort of thing. I was obsessed with the olives.

The biggest fight of the trip is coming up. Stay tuned. lol

dclfan

Original Poster
When we went to WDW in 2016 (on the regular Dining Plan), I asked the server at Be Our Guest what I could have in place of the desserts as I don't really like the desserts there. She brought a trio of salads - one was a beet salad, another involved cucumbers, and another was chickpea (I think). It was so hot that day and it was really refreshing. I'm not sure if that was an option that was even on the menu.

That's so nice. I don't remember that being on the menu either. I have found that most restaurants are very accommodating and try to work with you. I'm not a big desert eater and I've had a lot of luck switching it out for some form of app. This way I can save myself for late night cookie breaks. lol

bee

haha you have inspired me to try many a cocktail while I was in the world so I am glad I could return the favor :). There are still a few more flights to come in this trip report :eek::cool:. One of my favorites if your looking for a good flight is Tutto Gusto Wine Cellar in Italy. They also have a great cheese and olives plate if you like that sort of thing. I was obsessed with the olives.

The biggest fight of the trip is coming up. Stay tuned. lol
We loooove Tutto Gusto and go almost every trip! We have definitely asked for JUST olives (instead of the big sampler plates) before because they’re so good!

drcasey

We loooove Tutto Gusto and go almost every trip! We have definitely asked for JUST olives (instead of the big sampler plates) before because they’re so good!

Shhhh don’t tell everyone the secret that is tutto gusto. I am high key obsessed with their wine flights and cheese and meat plates. Best spot in Epcot (actually no, it is the worst spot. No one go there)

dclfan

Original Poster

OMG Isn't it the best? On our last trip we JUST ordered the olives but didn't want to sound like a weirdo and say that haha. They are some of best olives I have ever had. I am kind of low key obsessed with olives. The whole time J kept asking me if I was enjoying my $50 olives because I didn't ask for the price haha. I love the atmosphere there it's so romantical haha. Are you a champagne drinker?

dclfan

Original Poster
Shhhh don’t tell everyone the secret that is tutto gusto. I am high key obsessed with their wine flights and cheese and meat plates. Best spot in Epcot (actually no, it is the worst spot. No one go there)

haha YES REPULSIVE no one should go there. wine bleh, cheese bleh, olives bleh. All very bad ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom