Trip Report If you don't have a bag "entah" through the "centah"

A long time ago in a galaxy far far away a family visited a planet called "Walt Disney World" and all was right in the galaxy.

That's right folks I have only been home for 4 days and it seems like a lifetime ago that I was floating through my days in a magical bubble where I didn't have a care in the world. A place where I woke up at 7 am because I wanted to and only thought about food and FP+ reservations. A place where money wasn't accepted and a magical mickey head paid for all of your wants and desires. A place where the air didn't hurt your face and a Frosé was an acceptable substitute for your morning coffee. I don't know what it is but whenever I am in Disney I often feel like I am my best self. I am not riddled with anxiety and everything just seems perfect while I am there.

As expected we had a magical time filled with some unexpected moments, family squabbles, magical memories, happy tears, exquisite meals, loads of laughter, delicious drinks, and we even managed to make lifelong friends.

If you didn't read my pre-trip report you can follow along here https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/who-needs-christmas-presents-lets-go-to-disney.929947/
or I will give you a quick run down on our cast of characters.

Myself (Alisa) and my Handsome prince Charming, Jerome. We landed in the world on December 7th and after many days of vacation creep didn't leave until December 16th.
PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_407111355929.JPG

Notice how I am dressed like it is the arctic and Jerome has on shorts and a T-Shirt. I will get into that later in the report.

My parents and my little sister, Jilly. They were in the world from Dec 7th - December 13th.
PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_407125789949.JPG

and my in-laws. They were in the world from Dec 8th - December 13th.
PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_407125512023.JPG

with cameo appearances by @Ariel1986 and her husband.
68F7A72A-1E88-4073-B8FD-DB24FB269274.jpeg

The majority of this trip was spent at Disney's Port Orleans French Quarter. Me and Jerome transferred to the Dolphin on December 14th.

With that let's put this Trip Report into hyperdrive..........

Last edited:

bee

Shhhh don’t tell everyone the secret that is tutto gusto. I am high key obsessed with their wine flights and cheese and meat plates. Best spot in Epcot (actually no, it is the worst spot. No one go there)
YES IT IS SO GROSS EVERYONE STAY AWAY

OMG Isn't it the best? On our last trip we JUST ordered the olives but didn't want to sound like a weirdo and say that haha. They are some of best olives I have ever had. I am kind of low key obsessed with olives. The whole time J kept asking me if I was enjoying my $50 olives because I didn't ask for the price haha. I love the atmosphere there it's so romantical haha. Are you a champagne drinker?
Haha glad we weren’t the only ones to just order olives. I think they were $6 when we did.

I am a champagne and sparkling wine drinker. I love a good Prosecco.

dclfan

Original Poster
YES IT IS SO GROSS EVERYONE STAY AWAY

Haha glad we weren’t the only ones to just order olives. I think they were $6 when we did.

I am a champagne and sparkling wine drinker. I love a good Prosecco.

Nope you are not alone. Yes they ended up being like $6 but by the end of my flight he had me panicked enough to think they were actually going to be $50 bucks lol. At least J entertained himself. They have the BEST sparkling wine flight there? Have you tried it? If not its a "must-do" for your next trip.

dclfan

Original Poster
Hello All,

I'm sorry for the delay in my trip report but I have some pretty exciting news. I HAVE MOVED TO FLORIDA. We have been looking for houses for over 2 years and on our trip in December we tacked on a few extra days to continue the house hunt. Well on the very first day of house hunting we found our dream home. We put in an offer, had an accepted contract, and completed inspections all within 3 days. After years of looking having this process go so smoothly only proved the fact that I was supposed to be in Florida. I knew somewhere good old Uncle Walt was looking out for me. Actually I felt like Walt was guiding me through this entire process. As you have probably read I have been going to Disney since I was 2 years old. Well when I watched HEA for the very 1st time in December I knew that was a sign that I was making the right decision moving to Florida. The song spoke to me in so many ways and I couldn't believe that it would debut for me only days before I found my dream home. Since Disney has been a constant guiding force for me my entire life I had to believe this was Walt showing me everything was going to be ok with the move.

"Each of us have a dream, a heart’s desire, it calls to us,
and when we’re brave enough to listen, and bold enough to pursue,
that dream will lead us on a journey to discover who we’re meant to be.
All we have to do is look inside our hearts and unlock the magic within"

"Spark a dream we’re meant to follow
Setting out for a new tomorrow"

"And so our journey comes to an end
but yours continues on
grab hold of your dreams
and make them come true
for you are the key to unlocking your own magic
now go, let your dreams guide you
reach out and find your happily ever after"

I did, I really did find my Happily Ever After. I am writing this post from outside my new home near Saint Pete Beach. The sun is beating down on me and I am happier then I ever could have imagined. We drove our moving truck right onto Disney property two days ago on our move down from NH where we stayed at Caribbean Beach for 2 nights. The first hotel I ever stayed at when I was 2 years old. The place that started this whole crazy adventure. We stood on Main Street and watched HEA, got soaked on Splash, and ate and drank at nearly every restaurant in Disney Springs. It was a great start to our life here in Florida.

I hope to have this trip report finished soom but first I need to unpack, buy a bed, and an Annual Pass (lol). It's just 2 and 1/2 short months until @Ariel1986 is coming to stay at my house before our epic splurge Disney World trip. I need to get moving. See ya real soon friends.
IMG_4912.JPG
IMG_4915.JPG
IMG_4921.jpg
IMG_4922.JPG
IMG_4926.JPG
IMG_4927.JPG
IMG_4929.JPG

IMG_4613.JPG

krisri18

Hello All,

I'm sorry for the delay in my trip report but I have some pretty exciting news. I HAVE MOVED TO FLORIDA. We have been looking for houses for over 2 years and on our trip in December we tacked on a few extra days to continue the house hunt. Well on the very first day of house hunting we found our dream home. We put in an offer, had an accepted contract, and completed inspections all within 3 days. After years of looking having this process go so smoothly only proved the fact that I was supposed to be in Florida. I knew somewhere good old Uncle Walt was looking out for me. Actually I felt like Walt was guiding me through this entire process. As you have probably read I have been going to Disney since I was 2 years old. Well when I watched HEA for the very 1st time in December I knew that was a sign that I was making the right decision moving to Florida. The song spoke to me in so many ways and I couldn't believe that it would debut for me only days before I found my dream home. Since Disney has been a constant guiding force for me my entire life I had to believe this was Walt showing me everything was going to be ok with the move.

"Each of us have a dream, a heart’s desire, it calls to us,
and when we’re brave enough to listen, and bold enough to pursue,
that dream will lead us on a journey to discover who we’re meant to be.
All we have to do is look inside our hearts and unlock the magic within"

"Spark a dream we’re meant to follow
Setting out for a new tomorrow"

"And so our journey comes to an end
but yours continues on
grab hold of your dreams
and make them come true
for you are the key to unlocking your own magic
now go, let your dreams guide you
reach out and find your happily ever after"

I did, I really did find my Happily Ever After. I am writing this post from outside my new home near Saint Pete Beach. The sun is beating down on me and I am happier then I ever could have imagined. We drove our moving truck right onto Disney property two days ago on our move down from NH where we stayed at Caribbean Beach for 2 nights. The first hotel I ever stayed at when I was 2 years old. The place that started this whole crazy adventure. We stood on Main Street and watched HEA, got soaked on Splash, and ate and drank at nearly every restaurant in Disney Springs. It was a great start to our life here in Florida.

I hope to have this trip report finished soom but first I need to unpack, buy a bed, and an Annual Pass (lol). It's just 2 and 1/2 short months until @Ariel1986 is coming to stay at my house before our epic splurge Disney World trip. I need to get moving. See ya real soon friends.
View attachment 267250View attachment 267251View attachment 267252View attachment 267253View attachment 267254View attachment 267255View attachment 267256
View attachment 267257
Congratulations!!!

Rista1313

my new home near Saint Pete Beach.

So Jealous!!!!! St. Pete Beach is one of our all time favorite vacation spots! We would love to live there. In fact, I was just talking to DH last night about staying there for a week at Thanksgiving. We rent a pink Condo, right on the corner across from Hotel Zamora.. just down from the big Pink hotel! I should get on securing that since DH said sounds good!

dclfan

Original Poster
It’s so funny you said that. We stayed at Hotel Zamora last night because we don’t have a bed yet. (Sold off most our furniture before the move). I know exactly where you stay . It’s beautiful here. That’s actually how we choose where to live. We were coming to this area so frequently on vacation it made sense to just move. We live about 2 miles off the beach but can still get here by bicycle. :) . Let me know when your here. I would love to meet a fellow Disney person.

Rista1313

It’s so funny you said that. We stayed at Hotel Zamora last night because we don’t have a bed yet. (Sold off most our furniture before the move). I know exactly where you stay . It’s beautiful here. That’s actually how we choose where to live. We were coming to this area so frequently on vacation it made sense to just move. We live about 2 miles off the beach but can still get here by bicycle. :) . Let me know when your here. I would love to meet a fellow Disney person.

Will do! We love to walk back behind there and look at the canal and the houses... on that road closest to the canal there is a house that has the most giant lime tree I've ever seen in my life... you should check it out!

I'll for sure let you know... I just email the owner to ask if I book it now, will he work with me to adjust the dates if we need to, depending on what kind of cheap flight we can get (gotta wait for Southwest to open that window!) So far I'm guessing Nov 17-24th. My cousin lives up in Clearwater, so we will probably go to her place for Thanksgiving dinner.

eta picture of condo
8df9d0b3-94c8-4ada-8399-e4288165be16.c10.jpg

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom