Trip Report If you don't have a bag "entah" through the "centah"

A long time ago in a galaxy far far away a family visited a planet called "Walt Disney World" and all was right in the galaxy.

That's right folks I have only been home for 4 days and it seems like a lifetime ago that I was floating through my days in a magical bubble where I didn't have a care in the world. A place where I woke up at 7 am because I wanted to and only thought about food and FP+ reservations. A place where money wasn't accepted and a magical mickey head paid for all of your wants and desires. A place where the air didn't hurt your face and a Frosé was an acceptable substitute for your morning coffee. I don't know what it is but whenever I am in Disney I often feel like I am my best self. I am not riddled with anxiety and everything just seems perfect while I am there.

As expected we had a magical time filled with some unexpected moments, family squabbles, magical memories, happy tears, exquisite meals, loads of laughter, delicious drinks, and we even managed to make lifelong friends.

If you didn't read my pre-trip report you can follow along here https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/who-needs-christmas-presents-lets-go-to-disney.929947/
or I will give you a quick run down on our cast of characters.

Myself (Alisa) and my Handsome prince Charming, Jerome. We landed in the world on December 7th and after many days of vacation creep didn't leave until December 16th.
PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_407111355929.JPG

Notice how I am dressed like it is the arctic and Jerome has on shorts and a T-Shirt. I will get into that later in the report.

My parents and my little sister, Jilly. They were in the world from Dec 7th - December 13th.
PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_407125789949.JPG

and my in-laws. They were in the world from Dec 8th - December 13th.
PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_407125512023.JPG

with cameo appearances by @Ariel1986 and her husband.
68F7A72A-1E88-4073-B8FD-DB24FB269274.jpeg

The majority of this trip was spent at Disney's Port Orleans French Quarter. Me and Jerome transferred to the Dolphin on December 14th.

With that let's put this Trip Report into hyperdrive..........

Last edited:

dclfan

Original Poster
I was wondering if you got lost at the beach! Glad to see your finishing up! 11 days and we'll be there! (Disney)

Just a little lost but I'm back. It's just so gosh darn nice here I am never inside by my computer lol.

Yay!!!!! What are your dates again? I'm looking to take a solo trip to the world on May 7th/May 8th.

Rista1313

Just a little lost but I'm back. It's just so gosh darn nice here I am never inside by my computer lol.

Yay!!!!! What are your dates again? I'm looking to take a solo trip to the world on May 7th/May 8th.

Our dates are may 5th-11th. On the 7th we will be at Epcot all day... Flower and Garden! (I keep calling it Food and Garden) and we have the 8th as a rest day, but plan to swim, and go to Disney Springs for lunch at the Polite Pig and general shopping! I'll send you a message with my phone number, text me and hopefully we can meet up!

dclfan

Original Poster
Our dates are may 5th-11th. On the 7th we will be at Epcot all day... Flower and Garden! (I keep calling it Food and Garden) and we have the 8th as a rest day, but plan to swim, and go to Disney Springs for lunch at the Polite Pig and general shopping! I'll send you a message with my phone number, text me and hopefully we can meet up!

Just sent you a message. Let's be real it is Food and Garden festival lol.

dclfan

Original Poster
December 11th - Epcot Continued

After Frozen it was time for my favorite pasttime at Disney, drinking around the world. I scooted off to go to the bathroom and by the time I came back everyone had separated. My parents only wanted to go to Mexico while Jerome's parents wanted to explore everything. I stuck with my honey bunny as I also wanted to explore all the flavors of the World Showcase besides I had a date at La Cava tomorrow with some very important people.

First up was Norway where the resident vikings were incredibly jealous and intimidated by J's amazing facial hair.

IMG_7758.JPG

If you hadn't already guessed next up was China where we did some shopping. After leaving I stopped and picked up one of those Chip and Dale Christmas Wreaths Scavenger Hunt games for the rest of out journey around the world.

Disclaimer: It was REALLY hard and we never looped back to Mexico/Norway to finish. Oh Well. Only my sister really could find the wreaths and we lost her to drink by the time we hit Canada lol.

After China I was parched and it was time to refuel in Germany. I head off to the weinkeller just as my parents were texting me that they were headed back our way. Being the good daughter that I am this round was on me. I had a glass of Rosé while my Dad, Sister, and J all had the ACE hard cider one of my families favorites from back home.

IMG_4050.JPG

Jilly with her cider and the sweatshirt I got her for her birthday.

and since it was so nice sitting outside and enjoying the scenery we decided another round was in order before departing Germany. I believe my father in law also had a bratwurst with sauerkrat and mustard (his favorite):depressed:.

I stopped in Italy to try out what I believe was an Alfredo Chicken Pasta at the Italian Holiday Market and loaded up with another glass of wine this time a Pinot Grigio. After our snacks we set out to explore Venice.

I know I had mentioned earlier that prior to this trip my sister made a HUGE deal about how this was her first time in Disney since she turned 21. Well since she totally blew us off the night before we decided to buy her all the drinks today so next up was the Tutto Gusto Wine Cellar. I believe both my dad and Jerome had some sort of Whiskey drink while I had wine and Jill had a LemonDrop Martini which was put in a plastic to go cup so essentially she was walking around with a glass of cold vodka but hey we're not complaining.

Results:
IMG_4277.JPG

and

Next up was 'Murica where I believe we has some BBQ but now my Holiday Market food tastings are getting all confused with my Flower and Garden food tastings so I can't be sure. I do know there was a Photpass photographer around.
IMG_5279.JPG

around this time my mother in-law started complaining about a stomach ache and she wasn't feeling so well but that's a story for another post.

dclfan

Original Poster
Just caught up!! Just loving this trip! You guys look so fun! And that kitchen!!! It looks amazing!

Thanks for following along. I'm so excited to read about your trip. September and Saratoga Springs, so jealous :) I actually might be there in September for my bachlorette party lol.

Thanks for the compliments. We love Florida life and the house.

drcasey

Congrats on the move! I just found out in March that I matched into residency in Florida so I'm moving there this June! I'll be in Ocala, about an hour and half or less from Disney. So crazy!! I'm so pumped I'll be so close to Disney, though I'm sure I'll be so busy I won't get to go very often (and also don't know anyone down there yet so I need to make friends so I can force them to go with me ;)). I'm excited to read the rest of your report!

ScarletBegonias

Thanks for following along. I'm so excited to read about your trip. September and Saratoga Springs, so jealous :) I actually might be there in September for my bachlorette party lol.

Thanks for the compliments. We love Florida life and the house.

Oh!!! A Disney bachlorette party! Awesome!

dclfan

Original Poster
Congrats on the move! I just found out in March that I matched into residency in Florida so I'm moving there this June! I'll be in Ocala, about an hour and half or less from Disney. So crazy!! I'm so pumped I'll be so close to Disney, though I'm sure I'll be so busy I won't get to go very often (and also don't know anyone down there yet so I need to make friends so I can force them to go with me ;)). I'm excited to read the rest of your report!

AHHHHHHH That is so exciting. Congratulations on your residency and the move. I can't say enough great things about living in Florida. I wish we would have made the move sooner. It's epic here. We are about 90 minutes from Disney as well and we get there a lot more often then we anticipated lol. Let me know if you have any questions about Florida Life and moving. I would be happy to hit the parks with you once your here :). I just went solo this past Monday-Tuesday. I'll have to get your phone number.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom