Trip Report If you don't have a bag "entah" through the "centah"

A long time ago in a galaxy far far away a family visited a planet called "Walt Disney World" and all was right in the galaxy.

That's right folks I have only been home for 4 days and it seems like a lifetime ago that I was floating through my days in a magical bubble where I didn't have a care in the world. A place where I woke up at 7 am because I wanted to and only thought about food and FP+ reservations. A place where money wasn't accepted and a magical mickey head paid for all of your wants and desires. A place where the air didn't hurt your face and a Frosé was an acceptable substitute for your morning coffee. I don't know what it is but whenever I am in Disney I often feel like I am my best self. I am not riddled with anxiety and everything just seems perfect while I am there.

As expected we had a magical time filled with some unexpected moments, family squabbles, magical memories, happy tears, exquisite meals, loads of laughter, delicious drinks, and we even managed to make lifelong friends.

If you didn't read my pre-trip report you can follow along here https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/who-needs-christmas-presents-lets-go-to-disney.929947/
or I will give you a quick run down on our cast of characters.

Myself (Alisa) and my Handsome prince Charming, Jerome. We landed in the world on December 7th and after many days of vacation creep didn't leave until December 16th.
PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_407111355929.JPG

Notice how I am dressed like it is the arctic and Jerome has on shorts and a T-Shirt. I will get into that later in the report.

My parents and my little sister, Jilly. They were in the world from Dec 7th - December 13th.
PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_407125789949.JPG

and my in-laws. They were in the world from Dec 8th - December 13th.
PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_407125512023.JPG

with cameo appearances by @Ariel1986 and her husband.
68F7A72A-1E88-4073-B8FD-DB24FB269274.jpeg

The majority of this trip was spent at Disney's Port Orleans French Quarter. Me and Jerome transferred to the Dolphin on December 14th.

With that let's put this Trip Report into hyperdrive..........

Last edited:

ksr99

You will love it. Me and Jerome have never gone to Disney without going to Spice. It’s a hidden gem. I don’t know why it doesn’t get more love around the boards. It’s a real “foodies” restaurant. Lots of different things to try.

Thank you so much. I miss being there so badly. OMG the horror, I had to cover my eyes. It’s a sad day when a beard leaves the planet. I’m sure it will grow back in no time. Unless you got the job with disney but that’s epic as well. It’s so funny whenever we are walking around guys are always nodding at him. It’s very strange. Hahahahaha
Yeah we are big foodies! Love trying things with crazy flavors or just different. Yeah I’ll start the beard back up in a few weeks. The job is R&D related so the beard might have been able to stay but since we were sitting down with the suits, I figured I needed to do it for the sake of this project.

dclfan

Original Poster
Yeah we are big foodies! Love trying things with crazy flavors or just different. Yeah I’ll start the beard back up in a few weeks. The job is R&D related so the beard might have been able to stay but since we were sitting down with the suits, I figured I needed to do it for the sake of this project.

Then you will love it. So many different flavors and all are DELICIOUS.

Thats true better to be safe then sorry. :)

Ariel1986

Thank you twin. I only ended up wearing them once or twice because they hurt me behind my ears and were giving me headaches 😢Such a bummer.

Oh yeah I always forget that with the headbands. They end up hurting me too! But I still always get new ones. Why, why do they have to hurt?!

dclfan

Original Poster
Since I am a great friend and I was told to hurry up on my trip reporting I guess I will try and get another couple of posts done tonight. :);)

Day 4 Continued:

Last we left off we had just relieved ourselves in Tangled and making our way over too the Haunted Mansion. The line must not have been too long because we jumped in the que.

My dad thought he was being funny and when our doom buggy turned and we were all lined up in a row he leaned over and scared me. I jumped so hard and hit my Minnie Ear right into poor Jerome's face. OOPS!

Anyway after Haunted Mansion it was time for our first FP of the day. Let me preface this by saying my mom is terrified of all rides. Leading up to this trip we all told her how she would enjoy Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. I mean it's half kiddie coaster/ half dark ride. I knew she would love the section in the mine and everyone told her how she was missing out and would enjoy it. That being said Mine Train was our first FP. We scan our bands and pretty much are loaded directly into our rows. The train in front of us pulls our of the station and my mother goes "OH F**K". Very loudly surrendered by toddlers about to ride the ride. So naturally we all burst out laughing. For anyone that has ridden mine train you know this thing does not peel our of the station so it was hilarious to see her reaction. To her she was about to ride the most dangerous ride in the history of theme parks.

I would tell you how she liked this ride but I think it would be better to let this photo speak for itself.
PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_8140780302.jpeg
PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_8140781723.jpeg
PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_8140781726.jpeg
PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_8140783400.jpeg

Well with that hilariousness out of the way we moved on over to our second FP+ for Space Mountain. It was safe to say Mom was not going to be riding after narrowly escaping death over on the Mine Train.

but first a photo shoot
PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_407039618328.JPG

PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_407039618339.JPG
PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_407039618345.JPG

Space Mountain was fun as always. I feel like every time I go on it seems a little more squeaky and rickety which adds to the thrill.
PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_8140825704.jpeg
PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_8140822266.jpeg

Worst picture of me of life.

Anyway once we picked up my Mom everyone decided they were starving so it was time for Lunch.

Up Next: Lunch, Parades, and more mountains.

dclfan

Original Poster
Day 4 Continued:

We all decided to head towards Frontierland for lunch. My dad and Jeromy headed off towards Tortuga Tavern for turkey legs while the rest of us headed towards Peco's Bill. When I got back to the table with my food I encountered this
turkey lef.JPG

My happy man!

I had the fajitas with ALLL of the fixins I could pile on top. They were delicious. Again I'm not really sure what everyone else had but here's a picture of my sister at lunch. If memory serves me right she got this fruity lemonade slush thing for FREEEEE because it was her birthday. and look it came with a mickey bendy straw. BIG WIN!
IMG_8752.JPG

When lunch was done it was about 5 minutes until Festival of Fantasy so we grabbed a spot since we were right near the start of the parade route.
fof.JPG

After the parade everyone decided it was hot enough to get on Splash so we head that way. I totally punk'd out and wore a poncho lol. It was warmER but still not warm enough for me to walk around wet.
PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_8140899015.jpeg

My poor in-laws got SOAKED but they were pretty good sports about it.

Today was shaping up to be a Zip a Dee Do Dah Day!!! haha I'm corny. I don't care.

Up Next: even more Mountains, Trip Gifts, and warm weather cocktails.

dclfan

Original Poster
Day 4 Continued:

So where do you go to burn your 3rd FP+ after riding Splash? Thunder Mountain of course. Me and J requested the back row. Excellent air time was achieved and fun was had by all.

After Thunder we gathered up my Mom and at Jerome's request went over to POTC. The line was 40 min but we decided to wait because it's one of J's favorites. While on the line another family squabble was brewing so me and J made the decision to break off from the crew after the ride and do some shopping before meeting back up for Jill's Birthday Dinner.

We wants the red head
IMG_9808.JPG

Please don't leave us
PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_8140948939.jpeg

After Pirates everyone went there separate ways. Me and J decided to do some shopping. Jerome got a skull T-shirt at the POTC gift shop and then we head to Main Street. My love treated me to this little beauty:inlove:
IMG_0871.JPG
IMG_4613.JPG

Rose Gold Mickey. It matches perfectly with my rose gold engagement ring. :inlove: I have not taken it off since we've been back. After dropping some $$$ it was time to head out. We had plans to grab some warmer clothes and a round of drinks back at the French Quarter. We were waiting at the stop for about 5 minutes when my mom and sister come walking up behind us because shocker they were having issues getting the monorail back to the TTC to get the rental car.

Rental Car: 0
WDW Transportation: 4

Up Next: Scat Cat's Club, Epcot, and Coral Reef Dinner

drcasey

Definitely looking forward to your review of coral reef, simply because everyone talks so much smack about it. And I’ve never been to scat cats club!! There is so much to do in Disney, I feel like there is just not enough time to do it all! More excuses to keep going back I guess. I wonder if I can convince my mother to allow vacation creep on our trip...probably not but I’ll plant the seed ;)

prfctlyximprct

Ahhh idk how I missed your trip report!!!

Loving it so much! Your family is sooo cute! I am jealous I’d love to go to Disney with my parents and in laws! When I was there soooo many families had matching shirts and I was contemplating planning my own family trip... the problem is convincing anyone to go. LOL

I bought the same spirit jersey. Saw sooo many rose gold ones but I liked the black! :p

Your Mickey ring is beautiful!!!!!!! And what a great red head photo you captured!! She cannot go!! I hope they use her somewhere else in the ride at least. :(

Thanks for curing my Disney blues today.

dclfan

Original Poster
Definitely looking forward to your review of coral reef, simply because everyone talks so much smack about it. And I’ve never been to scat cats club!! There is so much to do in Disney, I feel like there is just not enough time to do it all! More excuses to keep going back I guess. I wonder if I can convince my mother to allow vacation creep on our trip...probably not but I’ll plant the seed ;)

Sorry to keep you waiting. I won't spoil the next chapter of the trip report but Coral Reef get's a thumbs down from me on this visit. I probably would have never been to Scat's Cat club either had I not stayed at the French Quarter but it's definitely worth a visit if you have the time. Or maybe just a good excuse to stay at the french Quarter lol. I swear I need 2 months to get everything done I want too at Disney. There is just too much to see/eat/drink. Ahhh I can't get enough. Good luck with your vacation creep. I'll cross my fingers for you.

dclfan

Original Poster
I feel you about the ears giving you headaches - it sucks!! I have the cutest pair of ears ever but I cannot wear them without getting that behind the ear pain!!

It makes me sad when they start to hurt because I don't want to ever take them off lol. I find the "official" ears Disney sells aren't as bad as some of the cuter ones I've had from Etsy. The metal headbands really give me headaches. Ahh Beauty is pain I guess. I still can't stop buying/wearing them.

dclfan

Original Poster
Great report! Love the little videos.

chugging coffee does suk!

Thanks :). I realized I instagrammed more on this trip then I took still pictures so I went back and downloaded a lot of the videos so I could share them with everyone. Plus they are good memories to have.

Ugh tell me about it. That wasn't the last time it happened to me on this trip. I just can't rationalize throwing away my precious coffee that I just waited an hour in line for lol. So chugging it is.

dclfan

Original Poster
Ahhh idk how I missed your trip report!!!

Loving it so much! Your family is sooo cute! I am jealous I’d love to go to Disney with my parents and in laws! When I was there soooo many families had matching shirts and I was contemplating planning my own family trip... the problem is convincing anyone to go. LOL

I bought the same spirit jersey. Saw sooo many rose gold ones but I liked the black! :p

Your Mickey ring is beautiful!!!!!!! And what a great red head photo you captured!! She cannot go!! I hope they use her somewhere else in the ride at least. :(

Thanks for curing my Disney blues today.

Thanks for following along and all the "like" love :)

Family trips are great but they are definitely stressful not only in the planning stages but also trying to get everyone to move in the same direction in a calm and happy manner. There were definitely times with a few unhappy travelers. I think @fractal can back me up on this one.

OMG I adore my ring. That fiancé of mine is definitely a keeper. Glad I could help with the Disney blues. They are a very real thing. It has been almost 2 months and I still feel them :-(.

dclfan

Original Poster
Sorry for the long delay life seems to be getting in the way of my trip reporting lately.

Day 4 Continued:

We all arrived back at the hotel in no time at all. Everyone head off to their room to nap (which I totally don't understand. Who can nap in Disney :oops::rolleyes:) while Jerome and I head towards the Scat Cat's Club. After hours of walking around outside in the brisk Florida air I had only 2 things on my mind coffee and alcohol and that's exactly what I told the bartender. I ordered up one steaming cup of coffee laced with alcohol. I think It ended up having Jameson and Baileys which is funny because once upon a time when me and J were just dating Jameson and Baileys (3 ice cubes) was one of our drinks of choice. Which could explain why halfway through my cocktail Jerome said I smelled horrid. I guess that drink no longer agrees with him. I believe he has a smoked turkey (no shocker there).

Anyway it was one and done at the Scat's as we had dinner to get too. We stopped by the room quickly so I could grab a jacket for the evening festivities and with my in-laws in tow we head on towards the bus stop and Epcot. Parents were once again going the rental car route SMH.

We arrived at Epcot and made our way through Future World towards the living seas. I checked in about 15 minutes early and I was told they were running behind and we would get seated about 30 minutes after our reservation time o_O. Normally this is no biggie but there is NO bar to sit and chill at when waiting to dine at the Coral Reef nor is there one within walking distance. and now for the double whammy I was elected to stay behind and wait for the table while everyone else visited Nemo and Crush. :mad: Coral Reef is never my favorite to begin with because I feel like we always wait to get seated and I'm not a huge fan of the food but seester choose this for her birthday so I didn't say anything.

Finally we were sat at a table for 6 with 7 people (My poor FIL was hanging off the edge getting bumped by waiters the entire time) and then I open the wine menu and my favorite wine is off the menu. Double bleh.

A few years ago I was visiting J on tour in Oregon and I made a trip out to King Estates.
IMG_2554.JPG
IMG_3503.JPG
IMG_5525.JPG
IMG_7962.JPG
IMG_8985.JPG

Here I discovered the King Estate Pinot Gris, probably one of my favorite whites to date. Imagine my surprise when I saw it on Coral Reef's menu next time I was in WDW. Literally the only thing Coral Reef had going for it. I was looking forward to this wine all day and of course it was gone, vanished, poof. No more King Estate.

I was forced to settle for a mediocre wine that I can't even remember. This was not shaping up to be a great meal. My mom also had the mediocre wine, Jerome and Dad had wait for it.........

smoked turkeys

Jillian had an absolute citron and cran and my MIL had the infamous Pina Colova
pina colova.JPG

At least someone was happy with their cocktail lol

Since we had a surprise cake coming later in the evening almost everyone choose to sub their desert on the DDP for an app. Almost all of us had the Lobster Bisque which was delicious. Two thumbs way up. Me and Jerome also shared the octopus which is one of our favorite treats. That was also very delicious. In between courses we watched some seriously massive fish float around in the fish tank. They were almost scary.

As good as the appetizers were the food wasn't so hot. I had the Mahi Mahi and I didn't really care for the sauce. My mother in-law had the shrimp Scampi which caused a major disruption to our day tomorrow. I can't recall what the table has but nothing to write home about. At least they nailed the birthday surprise. It was a beauty. I've been wanting to eat one of these cakes ever since Manilla had one for his birthday during the bucket list families 30 stays in 30 days. It did not disappoint.
IMG_6802.JPG
IMG_9995.JPG

As we were settling up our bill I noticed that me and Jerome were down 2 table service point. err triple bleh. I immediately complained but apparently I had only noticed it tonight and it wasn't actually the coral reef who made the error. Since they weren't ay fault they couldn't fix it and I would have to handle this at the hotel.

Oh well that would have to wait it was time to hit the Boardwalk and carry on the birthday celebration.

Last edited:

krause

I’m really enjoying your report so far!

Since we had a surprise cake coming later in the evening almost everyone choose to sub their desert on the DDP for an app

Just wondering if they would let you sub for any app or just soup/salad? Did this work at any other restaurants?

Looking forward to more! 😊

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom