Trip Report If you don't have a bag "entah" through the "centah"

A long time ago in a galaxy far far away a family visited a planet called "Walt Disney World" and all was right in the galaxy.

That's right folks I have only been home for 4 days and it seems like a lifetime ago that I was floating through my days in a magical bubble where I didn't have a care in the world. A place where I woke up at 7 am because I wanted to and only thought about food and FP+ reservations. A place where money wasn't accepted and a magical mickey head paid for all of your wants and desires. A place where the air didn't hurt your face and a Frosé was an acceptable substitute for your morning coffee. I don't know what it is but whenever I am in Disney I often feel like I am my best self. I am not riddled with anxiety and everything just seems perfect while I am there.

As expected we had a magical time filled with some unexpected moments, family squabbles, magical memories, happy tears, exquisite meals, loads of laughter, delicious drinks, and we even managed to make lifelong friends.

If you didn't read my pre-trip report you can follow along here https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/who-needs-christmas-presents-lets-go-to-disney.929947/
or I will give you a quick run down on our cast of characters.

Myself (Alisa) and my Handsome prince Charming, Jerome. We landed in the world on December 7th and after many days of vacation creep didn't leave until December 16th.
PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_407111355929.JPG

Notice how I am dressed like it is the arctic and Jerome has on shorts and a T-Shirt. I will get into that later in the report.

My parents and my little sister, Jilly. They were in the world from Dec 7th - December 13th.
PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_407125789949.JPG

and my in-laws. They were in the world from Dec 8th - December 13th.
PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_407125512023.JPG

with cameo appearances by @Ariel1986 and her husband.
68F7A72A-1E88-4073-B8FD-DB24FB269274.jpeg

The majority of this trip was spent at Disney's Port Orleans French Quarter. Me and Jerome transferred to the Dolphin on December 14th.

With that let's put this Trip Report into hyperdrive..........

Last edited:

drcasey

I am loving this trip report! I’m not sure exactly why I love it so much, maybe because I love your family! You all seem to go about the parks in a very relaxed way, well thought out plans but some spontaneity in there too. I need to try that out for my trip this May and try not to be such a crazy park commando!

dclfan

Original Poster
The suspense is killing me!! I can’t wait to hear how this plays out!!

I have some work showings lined up this morning but I hope to have the next part up this afternoon/evening. Stupid work always getting in the way. Thanks for following along :)

dclfan

Original Poster
I am loving this trip report! I’m not sure exactly why I love it so much, maybe because I love your family! You all seem to go about the parks in a very relaxed way, well thought out plans but some spontaneity in there too. I need to try that out for my trip this May and try not to be such a crazy park commando!

Thank you so much for following along. Yea my family is pretty amazing, I'm a lucky girl. I used to be a park commando but the past few trips just me and my fiancé has really taught me to slow down and enjoy the day. We still wake up super early but not as much rushing around. I have found I actually see more of the parks this way and get to see things that I might have previously missed. My parents are still park commando's though so it was pretty difficult to plan a trip for 7 people that made everyone happy.

Doc Disney

Jingle Bell Jingle Bam was also underwhelming as well. I didn't understand the little elves and I can't even remember the music.

Well maybe I will retract my own statement that you didn't need to see Prep and Landing to understand Jingle Bell Jingle Bam :joyfull:

"IF YOU DON'T HAVE A BAG ENTAH THROUGH THE CENTAH".

Totally know who you are taking about !!!! I remember that guy from AK :) :facepalm:

I am probably in the minority here but I actually really liked the ride.

I also really like Navi River Journey :) #unpopularopinion

dclfan

Original Poster
Well maybe I will retract my own statement that you didn't need to see Prep and Landing to understand Jingle Bell Jingle Bam :joyfull:

Totally know who you are taking about !!!! I remember that guy from AK :):facepalm:

I also really like Navi River Journey :) #unpopularopinion

OMG I didn't even realize the characters came from a TV show. Please don't revoke my Disney card lol. Maybe I would have understood it better had I known.

No way! I can't believe you saw him too. Wasn't he the best?!? My family found him hilarious for some reason. I am going to look for him on every trip from here on.

Glad I'm not the only one :) #riverjourneyforlife

wdwfamilynh

[QUOTE="Doc Disney, post: 8033123, member: 96069] I also really like Navi River Journey :) #unpopularopinion[/QUOTE]

Me, too! I was strangely fascinated by it all (and lulled into a rare state of complete relaxation by the Shaman) despite never having see the movie :happy:

dclfan

Original Poster
Day 3 Continued:

Sorry for the delay folks. I was trying to build the suspense. haha

So around 4:45 we finally settled up our bill and bid Nomad Lounge farewell (at least for a day or two) and made out way over the magical bridge to PANDORA. Once in the land we found a lonely Photopass photographer so decided to stop and take a few family photos.
PhotoPass_Visiting_AK_407015525836.JPG

PhotoPass_Visiting_AK_407015525838.JPG

After the photos it was finally time for our FOP FP+. Would we get in? I told my in-laws to just go with whatever happened and they nodded in agreement.

I slowly approached the FP+ podium. There was 2 cast members. One manning the podium and one off to the side. I decided to approach the one off to the side first. I started explaining how 5 of us had FP+ but my in-laws were first time visitors and all of the FP's were gone at the 60 day mark and was it possible for you please, pretty please, with sugar on top let them ride with us. She said it shouldn't be a problem since the majority of us had FP+ but the CM on the podium had the final say. I approached podium CM and broke into the same story and she quickly stopped me mid-sentence.

"Fine, I'll let them go but the wait time is yadda yadda and something else yadda yadda lesson on FP+" and "just go".

It wasn't the most pleasant interaction but she did let me in-laws ride so I give her 2 thumbs way up. Even though she lectured me and I'm pretty sure hated me the Pinotage pretty much drowned all of that out. All I heard was YES and away we went. My happy family of 7. Let me tell you this the only thing better then waiting to ride FOP for the first time is waiting to ride FOP for the first time with two stowaways.
Group FOP.jpg

How can you deny this happy group?

I don't if it was the drinks or getting away with all of us riding but we were all so happy and excited waiting to ride. It was exhilarating. lol

Anyway soon we were all being loaded into the pre ride room. I don't think I have ever been this psyched to ride a ride before in my life. We were all dancing around and being silly as they prepped us to match with an Avatar. We really were having a blast. I had been so careful not to read anything about FOP prior to our visit so I really had no idea what I was in store for. I even skipped the Lou Mongello podcasts relating to Pandora.

Soon enough we were loaded into the room and boarded our bicycles. I didn't know what was about to happen but all I knew was I was excited and everyone in my family was equally on edge with excitement. There are absolutely no words to describe the feeling I had when the screen came to life. I knew somewhere in my mind that I was in a room with my family members but that quickly faded away. I wasn't in a room, my family wasn't next to me, and I wasn't even in Disney World anymore. I was on a banshee flying through this beautiful mind altering world. I could feel the dips, and turns. The water on my face. I even had to move out of the way when I came close to the stampede. I was one with the Banshee and that's when it happened. I started to cry. Not because I was scared but because I was completely lost in what was happening. I really felt like I was an avatar and I was getting the chance to FLY. Disney really let me fly and I was so happy in that moment. I know there is a lot of haters who say Disney is different, it's not the same, Pandora is lame, everything is wrong but to that I say "NAY, NAY". I walked off that ride in absolute awe of what Disney has created. If this is the future of the parks and the rides then sign me up. I don't know how they did it but the imagineers transported me to a planet where I could truly fly and I loved every second of it.

I think we all just sat on our bikes when the ride ended staring at each other, it was that epic. Eventually we all got moving (except my Dad he was stuck) and we all were talking a mile a minute about how amazing, spectacular, brilliant, OMG did that really happen excellent the ride was. My FIL said that if he wasn't converted before then FOP just sealed the deal. If Disney could do that then he would keep coming back. My poor mother was scared out of her mind because she too felt like she was flying but wasn't into it. We all couldn't wait to get back on the ride in a few days when thankfully all 7 of us had FP+.

Riding the high of FOP we slowly made out way out of Pandora on our way to our next FP+ for Rivers of Light.
dusk pandora.JPG

drcasey

Praise the Disney gods you’re back! I’m sure I’m not the only one anxiously awaiting your report to continue! I’m so pumped to finally ride FoP this May. I also haven’t really read any reviews other than it’s super legit because I want to be surprised. I’m so glad your in laws are experiencing the magic. My mom knows the Disney magic but sadly my dad and brother do not and alas I fear they are a lost cause.

dclfan

Original Poster
Day 3 Continued:

I have been waiting years to see Rivers of Light. On Jerome's and I last trip in October ROL was supposed to be open but as all of you know it wasn't so when it finally opened for this trip I wasn't going to mess around. I was getting a FP and securing a spot. On our way over I stopped at the Thirsty River Bar and grabbed a round of cocktails for the crew before heading inside. I want to note that by 6:00 it was downright freezing inside the theater and all of the boy's still had shorts on. My FIL and fiancé didn't even have a hoodie. I really thought they were going to throw in the towel but everyone took their drink and settled in for the show.

#cocktailsforthewin

We had great seats and characters for the show walked right past us on our way down to the water. The costumes and even the
decor around the theater was so well done and I thought fit the theme of AK perfectly.

PRE rol.JPG

Soon the show was underway. The music was wonderful and it was a beautiful show. I left the theater making a mental note to download the soundtrack as I knew it would be one of those soundtracks I could play in the background that would transport me instantly back to WDW.
ROL FINALE.JPG
ROL FINALE 2.JPG

At this point everyone had one goal in mind, shopping. We had a late night dinner at Epcot so we all made a plan to meet at Mouse Gears to buy some warm clothes. My parents went over in their rental car and the rest of us jumped on the bus to Epcot.

dclfan

Original Poster
Day 3 Continued:

The bus to Epcot showed up about 30 seconds after we arrived at the stop which we considered a major success. Mostly because Jerome was freezing in 40 degree temps with just shorts and a t-shirt. I had on pants and a hoodie and even I was frozen. Now I am sure every girl on this thread with a significant other can relate. The morning of our flight I looked Jerome straight in the eyes and said "babe, you should really pack your jeans it's going to be cold for a few days" to which he replied "no way it's still Florida I love colder temperature" so now here we are 3 days in to a 10 day trip and someone is freezing. ahhhhh

Anyway we made our way quickly to Mouse Gear when a huge shopping trip commenced. Everyone bought clothes and I mean EVERYONE even people not in our group. The store was packed and they were rolling out racks of winter jackets the same way they roll our umbrellas when it rains. These coats had no real place and they soon disappeared when he temps warmed up later in the week. The boys even had issues finding hoodies because they were running out of sizes as a result of the sudden freeze.

Eventually Jerome and my FIL wound up with matching Grumpy Hoodies
grumpy.JPG

so cute.:inlove:

I got the long sleeve WDW spirit T.
spirit t.jpg

My sister got a blue WDW pullover hoodie and my MIL got a black 2018 WDW hoodie with silver sparkles. The CM ended up giving us an AP discount on our new gear because my in-laws were first time visitors. Love me some pixie dust.

By the time we were done shopping we realized we had about 10 minutes to get to Morocco for our 8:30 reservation at Spice Road Table so we put it in high gear and headed into the World Showcase.

Up next: Spice Road Table and Illuminations

Last edited:

dclfan

Original Poster
Praise the Disney gods you’re back! I’m sure I’m not the only one anxiously awaiting your report to continue! I’m so pumped to finally ride FoP this May. I also haven’t really read any reviews other than it’s super legit because I want to be surprised. I’m so glad your in laws are experiencing the magic. My mom knows the Disney magic but sadly my dad and brother do not and alas I fear they are a lost cause.

lol glad to be back. You are going to be blown away by FoP. It's beyond words. You really have to ride it to understand. I can't wait to hear what you think. I might actually be back in the world in May so we might even cross paths over in Pandora haha. It's sad when people don't get the magic but at least you have your Mom:)

dclfan

Original Poster
I love how you described FoP - that is how I felt (still feel) about the first time I rode... it took my breath away and I teared up. It's AMAZING. There were no words for me to say how I felt in that moment but I think you got it right :inlove::inlove::inlove:

Thanks so much. I'm glad to read other people are having similar feels. I'm literally counting the second until I can be back on the ride again. I love it so much:inlove::inlove:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom