Trip Report If you don't have a bag "entah" through the "centah"

A long time ago in a galaxy far far away a family visited a planet called "Walt Disney World" and all was right in the galaxy.

That's right folks I have only been home for 4 days and it seems like a lifetime ago that I was floating through my days in a magical bubble where I didn't have a care in the world. A place where I woke up at 7 am because I wanted to and only thought about food and FP+ reservations. A place where money wasn't accepted and a magical mickey head paid for all of your wants and desires. A place where the air didn't hurt your face and a Frosé was an acceptable substitute for your morning coffee. I don't know what it is but whenever I am in Disney I often feel like I am my best self. I am not riddled with anxiety and everything just seems perfect while I am there.

As expected we had a magical time filled with some unexpected moments, family squabbles, magical memories, happy tears, exquisite meals, loads of laughter, delicious drinks, and we even managed to make lifelong friends.

If you didn't read my pre-trip report you can follow along here https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/who-needs-christmas-presents-lets-go-to-disney.929947/
or I will give you a quick run down on our cast of characters.

Myself (Alisa) and my Handsome prince Charming, Jerome. We landed in the world on December 7th and after many days of vacation creep didn't leave until December 16th.
PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_407111355929.JPG

Notice how I am dressed like it is the arctic and Jerome has on shorts and a T-Shirt. I will get into that later in the report.

My parents and my little sister, Jilly. They were in the world from Dec 7th - December 13th.
PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_407125789949.JPG

and my in-laws. They were in the world from Dec 8th - December 13th.
PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_407125512023.JPG

with cameo appearances by @Ariel1986 and her husband.
68F7A72A-1E88-4073-B8FD-DB24FB269274.jpeg

The majority of this trip was spent at Disney's Port Orleans French Quarter. Me and Jerome transferred to the Dolphin on December 14th.

With that let's put this Trip Report into hyperdrive..........

Last edited:

dclfan

Original Poster
I am loving your report! We were there the first week of December, our first time and reading this REALLY makes me want to go back, like right now! :)

Thanks for following along. It looks like you have caught the Disney bug as well. It’s definitely bittersweet reliving our trip with this report. Makes me want to go back so badly. It seems like I’ve been home for an eternity.

Matt and Kelly

I'm glad your in laws got on FOP. I couldn't imagine them saying no, but I guess you never know. I did the same thing to Kelly. She had tons of warm stuff packed and last minute I told her only to take a couple of warmer items. We were leaving -30 temperatures we could survive the Florida cold. She was not happy. She ended up buying the rose gold jersey.

worldfanatic

Just jumped aboard your TR.
Love it!
It's cool hearing you talk about the same feeling I had just a few months earlier when visiting Pandora & Rivers of Light for the 1st time. (Although smuggling in a couple extra riders on FOP was certainly more exciting for you).

Can't wait for more!!!

dclfan

Original Poster
I'm glad your in laws got on FOP. I couldn't imagine them saying no, but I guess you never know. I did the same thing to Kelly. She had tons of warm stuff packed and last minute I told her only to take a couple of warmer items. We were leaving -30 temperatures we could survive the Florida cold. She was not happy. She ended up buying the rose gold jersey.

LOL You sound just like Jerome. He kept saying it wouldn't feel cold because it was Florida. It felt cold to me haha. Jerome wore shorts the entire trip.
At least it gave me and Kelly an excuse to buy new clothes ;). I was torn between the black and the rose gold, that color was great too.

dclfan

Original Poster
Just jumped aboard your TR.
Love it!
It's cool hearing you talk about the same feeling I had just a few months earlier when visiting Pandora & Rivers of Light for the 1st time. (Although smuggling in a couple extra riders on FOP was certainly more exciting for you).

Can't wait for more!!!

Thanks so much for following along. Wasn't Pandora epic? I loved it. Hopefully I'll have a few more parts up later today.

dclfan

Original Poster
Day 3 Continued:

On our way to Spice some family members (mostly my sister) started to complain A LOT. It was too cold, I was forcing everyone to walk to Morocco and eat this late. You know the usual from the non-planners who offered no input leading up to the trip. I brushed it off tonight but this pestering would turn into a full on fight later in this trip.

We arrived at Spice just in time and were led to the most perfect (at least to me) table right on the railing overlooking the World Showcase Lagoon. We would have the PERFECT view of Illuminations in just one hour. Spice Road Table is our FAVORITE restaurant in World Showcase so we were excited to show my in-laws what all the fuss was about. We spoke about it a lot when telling them about previous trips. Everyone settled in and because of the 4 heaters beating down upon us it turned out to be a very pleasant night to be dining outside. My number one priority was to order alcohol to drown out the non-magicalness of certain members of my traveling party. I went with the Spice Road Table White Wine Flight to get me started AND I took a photo.
Spice Road Wine.JPG

If memory served me right the Ksar White from Morocco and the La Cana Albarino from Spain were both delicious. I didn't care for the Ksara Blanc de Blanc so I had to drink that one first real fast. My mom also had the flight. I'm not sure what everyone else drank but everyone was super happy with their choices. We started with Brie Fondue, Fried Calamari, and Spicy Garlic Shimp. All were exceptionally delicious. The calamari had fried peppers in with the calamari which is my FAVORITE so I especially liked that appetizer. Also the Aoili it came with was TO DIE FOR. For dinner I had the mixed Grill Skewer and all I can say is OMG. Man was this delicious. I'm not a huge vegetable person but these green beans were like eating french fries. I could have eaten them by the handful. Actually too be truthful we did get another side and ate them all. YUM. The meat was also super tender and delicious. Jerome had the Rack of Lamb and he said it was the best meal he has ever had. I believe him because he had a mini photo shoot with his meal.
rack of lamb.JPEG

I know there were a lot of mixed grill's for the rest of the crew and I believe my Dad had the NY Strip Steak. Everyone loved what they had. This meal was getting two thumbs way up from the previously grumpy crew.
pre-illuminations.JPG

After dinner we waited patiently for Illuminations to start. Another glass of wine may have been ordered. Illuminations is one of my favorites and an absolute "must-do" every-time I go to WDW.

"We're gathered here tonight, around the fire" AGHHHH goosebumps every time
"We hope you enjoy our story tonight: Reflections of Earth" Blows out the lights and cue the waterworks. I start crying as soon as he blows out the lights and that dum dum dum music starts.

Here's a picture to prove that sisters can hate each other and then sit on each other lap less then an hour later.
seester.jpg

Illuminations was epic as always and the tears flowed as per usual. Afterwards we all ordered desert. I had the chocolate pyramid with vanilla ice cream (can't remember what everyone else had) and then settled up our bill. By the time we were settling it was well after 10:00. Spice Road was excellent about not rushing us out of the restaurant and held off desert until after Illuminations were through so we could all take in the show. I felt like we were the only people leaving the park as we slowly made our way to Future World. I love being in the park after closing. It's way more magical when you have the park to yourself to dance around on the lit up pavement. I don't really remember getting on the bus but Jerome claims I was his little gazelle. Apparently I saw the bus from a distance and sped off. All he could see was my head bobbing up and down on my way to hail down the bus.

Sleep came quickly tonight as we had a VERY full day and I was asleep before I could even remember hitting the pillow.

Up Next: Magic Kingdom and Jillian's Birthday.

dclfan

Original Poster
Day 4: December 10, 2017

Good Morning, WDW.

Today is my baby sister's 23rd Birthday and her first official birthday as an adult in WDW. She choose to start her day at Magic Kingdom so that was the plan for this morning. I woke up bright and early after a coma like sleep and poked outside to get a read on the temps for the day. Gone were the gray clouds from yesterday but man was it cold. Accuweather was saying current temps in the 40's. EEK. I guess it was going to be another pant's day.

I quickly got dressed in my new WDW Jersey T and headed to my sister's room so I can give her her birthday gift. Soon after me and J headed to the bus stop trying to get a jump on the parents and in-laws in the rental car who were heading to the food court for breakfast. The plan was to grab Starbucks and meet them on Main Street.

We were at MK in no time at all and soon we're entering a world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy. 28 years of visiting WDW and it still takes my breath away every time I see the castle. She looked beautiful. Me and and J headed towards the Main Street Bakery and I guess everyone else had the same idea. The line was down Main Street to get into the bakery:mad:. I blame the fact that it was a frigid 40 degrees. We sucked it up and joined the line knowing full well we needed this cup of coffee to jump start the day. At least a warm drink was waiting for me at the other end and my dad was still at the hotel so no complaining (at least momentarily).

Up Next: The parents angrily roll into MK

dclfan

Original Poster
Day 4 Continued:

We were halfway through the line went my Dad starts texting me that the Monorails are not running from the TTC. For those keeping score at home that is:

WDW Transportation: 3
Rental Car: 0

He then followed up the text with how ridiculous it was that they forced guests onto the freezing cold ferry on a 40 degree day. (My Pixie Dust Ear muffs can't hear you). Anyway by the time they arrived we just about had our coffee and head back out onto a bustling Main Street. With my BF (COFFEE) in hand we stopped for a few family photopass photos on Main Street.
PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_407036238263.JPG
PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_407036238270.JPG

After our photoshoot it was time to head into Fantasyland. Since we still had some time before our first FP+ we tried to get a few of the dark rides out of the way early in the day. Pooh was up first. FIL ended up being the chosen one so of course I had to snap a photo for the trip report. He was confused why he was posing with the red card.
red card.JPG

The line was only about 15 minutes and when we got to the front of the ride I hopped happily into my honeypot until I was scolded. "Miss you cannot have coffee in your honeypot" OOPS
I had to chug which is pretty gnarly with coffee but I couldn't let my precious go to waste. Next up was IASW. When we emerged from IASW a felt a most welcome sensation, warmth. It was not a scorcher by any means but at least it was comfortable enough to walk around. I think next I sent my FIL off to explore the most beautiful bathrooms in all the land. He emerged very pleased and we happily carried on to the Haunted Mansion.

Up Next: Haunted Mansion and the first FP+ of the day.

ksr99

Yay!!! Thank you so much for following along. I'm glad your enjoying the report. Hopefully I can keep up the good work. Aww where in Long Island? I grew up in Queens. Half my family is still in Queens and the other half is in Long Island now.
Westhampton!!!

ksr99

Day 3 Continued:

On our way to Spice some family members (mostly my sister) started to complain A LOT. It was too cold, I was forcing everyone to walk to Morocco and eat this late. You know the usual from the non-planners who offered no input leading up to the trip. I brushed it off tonight but this pestering would turn into a full on fight later in this trip.

We arrived at Spice just in time and were led to the most perfect (at least to me) table right on the railing overlooking the World Showcase Lagoon. We would have the PERFECT view of Illuminations in just one hour. Spice Road Table is our FAVORITE restaurant in World Showcase so we were excited to show my in-laws what all the fuss was about. We spoke about it a lot when telling them about previous trips. Everyone settled in and because of the 4 heaters beating down upon us it turned out to be a very pleasant night to be dining outside. My number one priority was to order alcohol to drown out the non-magicalness of certain members of my traveling party. I went with the Spice Road Table White Wine Flight to get me started AND I took a photo.
View attachment 257207
If memory served me right the Ksar White from Morocco and the La Cana Albarino from Spain were both delicious. I didn't care for the Ksara Blanc de Blanc so I had to drink that one first real fast. My mom also had the flight. I'm not sure what everyone else drank but everyone was super happy with their choices. We started with Brie Fondue, Fried Calamari, and Spicy Garlic Shimp. All were exceptionally delicious. The calamari had fried peppers in with the calamari which is my FAVORITE so I especially liked that appetizer. Also the Aoili it came with was TO DIE FOR. For dinner I had the mixed Grill Skewer and all I can say is OMG. Man was this delicious. I'm not a huge vegetable person but these green beans were like eating french fries. I could have eaten them by the handful. Actually too be truthful we did get another side and ate them all. YUM. The meat was also super tender and delicious. Jerome had the Rack of Lamb and he said it was the best meal he has ever had. I believe him because he had a mini photo shoot with his meal.
View attachment 257211
I know there were a lot of mixed grill's for the rest of the crew and I believe my Dad had the NY Strip Steak. Everyone loved what they had. This meal was getting two thumbs way up from the previously grumpy crew.
View attachment 257212
After dinner we waited patiently for Illuminations to start. Another glass of wine may have been ordered. Illuminations is one of my favorites and an absolute "must-do" every-time I go to WDW.

"We're gathered here tonight, around the fire" AGHHHH goosebumps every time
"We hope you enjoy our story tonight: Reflections of Earth" Blows out the lights and cue the waterworks. I start crying as soon as he blows out the lights and that dum dum dum music starts.

Here's a picture to prove that sisters can hate each other and then sit on each other lap less then an hour later.
View attachment 257213
Illuminations was epic as always and the tears flowed as per usual. Afterwards we all ordered desert. I had the chocolate pyramid with vanilla ice cream (can't remember what everyone else had) and then settled up our bill. By the time we were settling it was well after 10:00. Spice Road was excellent about not rushing us out of the restaurant and held off desert until after Illuminations were through so we could all take in the show. I felt like we were the only people leaving the park as we slowly made our way to Future World. I love being in the park after closing. It's way more magical when you have the park to yourself to dance around on the lit up pavement. I don't really remember getting on the bus but Jerome claims I was his little gazelle. Apparently I saw the bus from a distance and sped off. All he could see was my head bobbing up and down on my way to hail down the bus.

Sleep came quickly tonight as we had a VERY full day and I was asleep before I could even remember hitting the pillow.

Up Next: Magic Kingdom and Jillian's Birthday.
You now have me sold on this restaurant, its gonna be a place I will have to try

ksr99

The way you relive the trip is great! Plus your BF is giving me beard envy( had to cut mine down for a meeting this Disney!)

dclfan

Original Poster
You now have me sold on this restaurant, its gonna be a place I will have to try

You will love it. Me and Jerome have never gone to Disney without going to Spice. It’s a hidden gem. I don’t know why it doesn’t get more love around the boards. It’s a real “foodies” restaurant. Lots of different things to try.

The way you relive the trip is great! Plus your BF is giving me beard envy( had to cut mine down for a meeting this Disney!)

Thank you so much. I miss being there so badly. OMG the horror, I had to cover my eyes. It’s a sad day when a beard leaves the planet. I’m sure it will grow back in no time. Unless you got the job with disney but that’s epic as well. It’s so funny whenever we are walking around guys are always nodding at him. It’s very strange. Hahahahaha

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom