Trip Report If you don't have a bag "entah" through the "centah"

A long time ago in a galaxy far far away a family visited a planet called "Walt Disney World" and all was right in the galaxy.

That's right folks I have only been home for 4 days and it seems like a lifetime ago that I was floating through my days in a magical bubble where I didn't have a care in the world. A place where I woke up at 7 am because I wanted to and only thought about food and FP+ reservations. A place where money wasn't accepted and a magical mickey head paid for all of your wants and desires. A place where the air didn't hurt your face and a Frosé was an acceptable substitute for your morning coffee. I don't know what it is but whenever I am in Disney I often feel like I am my best self. I am not riddled with anxiety and everything just seems perfect while I am there.

As expected we had a magical time filled with some unexpected moments, family squabbles, magical memories, happy tears, exquisite meals, loads of laughter, delicious drinks, and we even managed to make lifelong friends.

If you didn't read my pre-trip report you can follow along here https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/who-needs-christmas-presents-lets-go-to-disney.929947/
or I will give you a quick run down on our cast of characters.

Myself (Alisa) and my Handsome prince Charming, Jerome. We landed in the world on December 7th and after many days of vacation creep didn't leave until December 16th.
PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_407111355929.JPG

Notice how I am dressed like it is the arctic and Jerome has on shorts and a T-Shirt. I will get into that later in the report.

My parents and my little sister, Jilly. They were in the world from Dec 7th - December 13th.
PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_407125789949.JPG

and my in-laws. They were in the world from Dec 8th - December 13th.
PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_407125512023.JPG

with cameo appearances by @Ariel1986 and her husband.
68F7A72A-1E88-4073-B8FD-DB24FB269274.jpeg

The majority of this trip was spent at Disney's Port Orleans French Quarter. Me and Jerome transferred to the Dolphin on December 14th.

With that let's put this Trip Report into hyperdrive..........

Last edited:

dclfan

Original Poster
My fiance and I are plotting our escape from the northeast. Hopefully we just have one more winter up here and then we can go somewhere with more temperate seasons :joyfull:
I'm pretty sure there are a few of us ahead of you. Lol See Ya There.

Tune in for the end of my trip report. I have a pretty spectacular ending in store. :)

dclfan

Original Poster
Day 3 Continued:

After the safari my in-laws wanted to check out the Gorillas so we took the short stroll over to the Gorilla Falls Exploration Trails. Normally this is one of my favorite things to do in Animal Kingdom but by this time in the day the weather was getting bad. It has continued to Mist/ Rain the entire day but now the temperature seemed to be dropping rapidly. If I were to guess I would say it was close to 40 and that misty rain just made it feel so much worse. It was not enough to use an umbrella or a poncho but enough to make your bones feel cold. You know what I mean?!? haha

Anyway we sadly went pretty fast through the trail and I only got one lonely picture of the gorillas.
gorilla.JPEG

There were some cubs out playing as well but we were all too freezing to take a photo. After we stopped off in the gift shop in Africa to come up with a game plan. It was decided a chair, indoors, and some alcohol was appealing to everyone. Hold on, Nomad Lounge we're coming.

Last edited:

krisri18

Day 3 Continued:

After the safari my in-laws wanted to check out the Gorillas so we took the short stroll over to the Gorilla Falls Exploration Trails. Normally this is one of my favorite things to do in Animal Kingdom but by this time in the day the weather was getting bad. It has continued to Mist/ Rain the entire day but now the temperature seemed to be dropping rapidly. If I were to guess I would say it was close to 40 and that misty rain just made it feel so much worse. It was not enough to use an umbrella or a poncho but enough to make your bones feel cold. You know what I mean?!? haha

Anyway we sadly went pretty fast through the trail and I only got one lonely picture of the gorillas.
View attachment 255729
There were some cubs out playing as well but we were all freezing. After we stopped off in the gift shop in Africa to come up with a game plan. It was decided a chair, indoors, and some alcohol was appealing to everyone. Hold on, Nomad Lounge we're coming.
Love Nomad!

dclfan

Original Poster
Absolutely lovvving your trip report!!! I’m on Long Island, already tired of the snow and cold!

Yay!!! Thank you so much for following along. I'm glad your enjoying the report. Hopefully I can keep up the good work. Aww where in Long Island? I grew up in Queens. Half my family is still in Queens and the other half is in Long Island now.

dclfan

Original Poster
Sorry about the "like" overload, but I'm finally all caught up! I had to laugh to myself about your dad getting lost...my parents never get lost...they just go on an "adventure". ;):hilarious:

Don't be sorry I love all of the likes haha. Thank you so much for reading. hahaha exactly my Dad still insists he didn't get lost :banghead:. ah parents what are ya gonna do with them.

dclfan

Original Poster
Day 3 Continued:

I practically ran to Nomad Lounge partly because I was dying of thirst and partly because I was starting to lose feeling in my fingers from the cold. Last time me and Jerome were in Nomad Lounge was in October of 2016 and we were "Just Engaged". Technically we had gotten engaged the night before in MK but it was midnight and MK so Nomad was out first stop for a proper celebratory cocktail. So as you could imagine this place will always have a special place in our hearts.

I was super excited to show my family our new favorite spot. Although it seemed Nomad Lounge had gotten VERY popular since the pre-pandora park days. We struggled to find a cozy spot indoors for the 5 of us and just about when we were going to give up and stand at the bar a wonderful table opened up with a couch, table, and comfy chairs suitable for every one of us. We all looked over the menu but I already knew what I was having. Courtesy of a recommendation by @bee many trip reports ago I had become obsessed with Pinotage on our last trip in 2016. Nomad Lounge is one of the few locations in WDW that carries it. One large glass please. I believe also "leaping lizards" and "lamu libations" were ordered but I only had eyes for my precious Pinotage. It's unheard of for me not to take a selfie with my wine but I can't find the picture anywhere so I will move on. My sister and mother eventually rejoined us so we ordered another round as well as an order of Chicken Satay. We made the executive decision to wait here until our FP+ opened for FOP. It was just so Cozy and comfy and perfect. Why am I not there now?

So here comes some drama that I had completely forgotten about until I started writing this trip report. When our FP+ window opened 60+ days ago. my parents and I had a window that started a day before my in-laws because we arrived a day earlier. Well all 5 of us (Mom, Dad, Jilly, Jerome and Me) were able to easily get a FOP FP+ for 5:00 on our AK day. Well less then 24 hours later I sign online at 7:00 AM and no flight of passage Fastpasses are available for my in-laws. Ugh, of course. I checked every day, multiple times a day for a 2 person FP to pop up on this day and it NEVER happened. Those fastpasses were gone and gone for good for December 9th, 2017. Needless to say I had shared this little tidbit of information with no one so halfway through our time at Nomad I leaned over and let Jerome in on our little secret. I had been checking all day for a FP and finally admitted defeat while sipping on my Pinotage.

Jerome was like what do we do?

I told him we had two options.

Option 1: Pretend like everything was normal and act shocked when 2 of our members got "Blue Mickied".

Option 2: Beg a CM for Pixie Dust and call in my "Mom aka snark-master " for re-enforcements if needed.

What would happen? Stay Tuned

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom