if you could get rid of any Disney ride...

disney princess

Original Poster
If you could get rid of any Disney ride,and replace it, what Disney movie would you base it off of and what type of ride would you replace it with. Get Creative!

1WDWFAN

I think the Indy Speedway should be made over into a Piston Cup Speedway.
all of the cars could be made over to look like the Piston cup racers.. A relatively cheap investment that would put a totally new and exciting twist on a Disney classic.... but revamped for the youth of today. In my opinion, there are not nearly enough Cars attractions at WDW. I would also love to see a new 20K/Submarine voyage type ride brought back to WDW.

Figment632

I would get rid of the backlot tour at DHS. I would replace that whole area that the ride takes up with an Indiana Jones roller coaster. It would be based on the mine car chase scene in Temple of Doom!

mommytosweetpea

Get rid of the Stitch Experience. That ride/attraction/whatever is horrible! Replace with a Monsters Inc ride or something from one of Disney's new movies.

burninup4nick

I would love to see more "cars" themed rides as well!!! One of my favorite Disney Movies!!! I would also love to see the Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage from California come to WDW!!! I was watching a Disney special the other night and it showed the ride....it was really cool!!! But i dont know what ride I would take out.... I love so many rides at WDW.... hmmmmmmm......

momofnine

Get rid of the Stitch Experience. That ride/attraction/whatever is horrible! Replace with a Monsters Inc ride or something from one of Disney's new movies.

I agree, Stitch was a waste from the start. But I would really like for them to get creative and come up with a great futuristic ride to go along with space mountain. I do not want them turning DisneyWorld into Pixarland. I don't mind a ride or two, but I think they have enough of them already. Not every attraction needs to be linked to a movie, imo.:wave:

November Girl

Get rid of all of the old outdated movies in Epcot.

Stitch has to go in Magic Kingdom. Beings strapped down in a chair with gross hot dog smell being blown at you just isn't ny idea of fun.

DHS - Pretty much everything could go expect for the big 3, ToT, TSM and RNR.

AKL So far so good.

Now for replacements...

For Epcot- A water ride, maybe "White Waters of the World" with sort of a surfing, kayaking, extreme sports feel. (I'm not really thinking about space requirements, just what I'd rather have)

For Magic Kingdom: I agree..bring back 20,000 Leagues!

For DHS. Just start over: With the rich history of film entertainment, movies, TV etc there are plenty of thematic options. Add a couple of dark rides with a few thrills mixed in. Add another coaster . Add a big stage with live, slightly edgier than normal Disney music, a few name acts too. Add a walk through attraction similar to local haunted cornfields, (a tribute to horror movie genre) but of Disney quality. A couple of bars. A couple of decent outdoor restaurants with live entertainment in the PM. Turn this into a park primarily for older kids, teens and adults. Keep it all running into the later evening. Bring the Adventurer's club in with an added layer of "Jungle/Adventure movie theming" Shoot some cool fireworks or light show effects over the entire park as in MK.
Now there's an all day and night attraction - something that could help replace PI!

SirGoofy

Oh, I'm going to have a field day with this one.

1)Pirates. Yes, Pirates. Gut the thing and start from scratch, the ride pales in comparison to the other versions, apart from our queue.

2)JII/HISTA. JII just plain stinks, and HISTA needs an update.

3)Rocking Roller Coaster. An incredibly overrated attraction which lacks that special Disney something, and is way to short for the line you have to wait in. There's so much greater potential for a music themed ride in a MOVIE park. How about zipping through some of the greatest movie soundtracks?

4) The most obvious one IMO: Dino-rama. Chep-looking and cheaply constructed, it has no place in a Disney park, I don't care how "well" it works story-wise.

3)Rocking Roller Coaster. An incredibly overrated attraction which lacks that special Disney something, and is way to short for the line you have to wait in. There's so much greater potential for a music themed ride in a MOVIE park. How about zipping through some of the greatest movie soundtracks?.

I don't get why everyone thinks that DHS is just based on movies? It's Disney's HOLLYWOOD Studios. Meaning that anything that has to do with HOLLYWOOD and the entertainment industry fits. So music doesn't have anything to do with Hollywood? Driving in a limo through Beverly Hills themed to a successful Rock band has nothing to do with the entertainment industry? If DHS was just movies then why do they have the Twilight Zone or American Idol or broadway-style shows?

SirGoofy

I don't get why everyone thinks that DHS is just based on movies? It's Disney's HOLLYWOOD Studios. Meaning that anything that has to do with HOLLYWOOD and the entertainment industry fits. So music doesn't have anything to do with Hollywood? Driving in a limo through Beverly Hills themed to a successful Rock band has nothing to do with the entertainment industry? If DHS was just movies then why do they have the Twilight Zone or American Idol or broadway-style shows?

I'm not saying it doesn't fit. I'm just saying it's a very poorly done attraction, and there are so many more opportunities for it. I love Aerosmith, but I'd much rather be flying at high speeds to the themes from Indiana Jones, Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, something to that nature.

MKCP 1985

I've been a little disappointed in the long stretch of Frontierland to Liberty Square for a while now. Splash and Big Thunder are great, but they are tucked away in their own corner. It seems like the long walkway to Liberty Square is pretty devoid of anything interesting. About all it is good for is to camp out and watch parades.

So, I'd create some space by taking out the Frontierland shooting arcade and some retail shop space and put in something fun in there. Keeping the theming of Frontierland would make it a challenge.

To keep with Walt Disney cartoons, I'd create an attraction with the original Disney characters starting with Mickey Mouse (couldn't the Magic Kingdom use a little more Mickey Mouse?) and including Horace Horsecollar, Clara Cluck, Peg Leg Peete and others, and make it a 4D interactive show, if not a dark ride.

I'm not saying it doesn't fit. I'm just saying it's a very poorly done attraction, and there are so many more opportunities for it. I love Aerosmith, but I'd much rather be flying at high speeds to the themes from Indiana Jones, Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, something to that nature.

I see what your saying. But I don't know, I like the whole Rock 'N' Roll theme with Studios I guess because if there were movie themes then it would be hard to come up with a story to go with it and plus it is nice to see something that isn't about movies. You are right about how it could use a lot of work though. Just know that I'm not attacking you personally, there have just been a lot of people on this board that have said it doesn't fit because it isn't a movie and I never understood why it has to be only movies.

SirGoofy

So, I'd create some space by taking out the Frontierland shooting arcade and some retail shop space and put in something fun in there. Keeping the theming of Frontierland would make it a challenge.

Unfortunately to do that you would have to rip out the Tiki Room, Pecos Bill's Kitchen, and Adventureland's managers offices. :lol:

SirGoofy

I see what your saying. But I don't know, I like the whole Rock 'N' Roll theme with Studios I guess because if there were movie themes then it would be hard to come up with a story to go with it and plus it is nice to see something that isn't about movies. You are right about how it could use a lot of work though. Just know that I'm not attacking you personally, there have just been a lot of people on this board that have said it doesn't fit because it isn't a movie and I never understood why it has to be only movies.

Oh I understand you aren't attacking me.:wave: I enjoy debates like this, and I'm not saying its a completely awful attraction, I still ride it every time I'm there. I just feel like it's missing the Disney touch.

Ok so it is obvious that Disney's Hollywood Studios needs the most work of all. One of the biggest problems with it is that it has two of the biggest franchises (Star Wars and Indiana Jones) that have so much potential but Disney isn't doing anything with it. I know the Indiana Jones Stunt show is popular but DHS needs more rides to make it a full day park. DL and TDS gets an Indiana Jones ride but how come that park that needs it the most just gets a stunt show? :shrug: Also I know there is supposed to be a Star Wars 2.0 but I'm not sure if thats just a rumor or not. If it is just a rumor then that is disappointing because Star tours could be so much more, and so many ideas could be used to make an awesome Star Wars attraction.

I also thought it would be neat to have a Fantasia dark ride at the studios (Maybe 3D if there weren't so many already) because Fantasia is such a big part of Disney's film history along with 20,000 leagues under the sea which would be cool to see at the Studios but I know, of course, that there wouldn't be much room for all this. Also how come Stitch gets his own attraction when not even Mickey can get one? :veryconfu

Gantu

Now, Don't Get Angry ...

Snow White's Scary Adventures.

Too scary for kids, too kid for adults. Sorry, but who is this ride for? I know it's called a "dark ride," but maybe they could brighten it up beyond the happy beginning/ending makeover. I mean, my 2-year-old loves Snow White, but this ride would probably leave her in tears.

I know the ride is true to the Snow White story, but thanks to rebranding and an inescapable marketing push, the princesses (Snow White included) have skewed to a younger demographic. Perhaps the next step is a "princess" ride, which would cater to the softer side of Disney.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom